Options

Ultra HD

arrasarras Posts: 407
Forum Member
I know that a few years ago, when Rush HD launched, Rainbow Media said that they were planning to launch Ultra HD in the future in the UK. I understand that Rainbow Media has since gone bust, however since Rush HD is still avaliable, there must be someone still controlling it. And so my question would be if anyone knows if they still are planning to launch Ultra HD?

Comments

• Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know about Ultra HD, but the BBC and NHK (Japan) are currently working on SHV (Super Hi-Vision, aka Super HD) which should be commercially available by 2020

It broadcasts in 7680 x 4320 resolution.
  • Options
    arrasarras Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Don't know about Ultra HD, but the BBC and NHK (Japan) are currently working on SHV (Super Hi-Vision, aka Super HD) which should be commercially available by 2020

It broadcasts in 7680 x 4320 resolution.

I think we've been mixed up. I was referring to the US channel Ultra HD (a sister channel of Rush HD)
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    arras wrote: »
    I think we've been mixed up. I was referring to the US channel Ultra HD (a sister channel of Rush HD)

AH! My bad.

The tech I was talking about is also sometimes known as UHDTV, or 4320p = Ultra HD
  • Options
    mrinstallermrinstaller Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    the bbc should stay well clear of any ulta hd, they cant even get a decent hd picture.
  • Options
    Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    the bbc should stay well clear of any ulta hd, they cant even get a decent hd picture.

*cheers* Very well said. :D