Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OswaldBar wrote: »
    Honestly......It absolutely astounds me some of the posters on here being so nasty and down right rude towards someone who has worked so bloody hard to write and produce the show we all (are supposed to) love.

I have been a fan of this program since the late 70's when Tom Baker was in situ and have loved it ever since....yes, ofcourse, there are certain stories that I have not liked much, yes, ofcourse, there has been directions the show has gone in from time to time that I may not have particularly agreed with, yes ofcourse, I have been surprised at some casting decisions etc etc etc.... but above all, we have a show that is nothing like anything else on Television, that constantly strives to surprise us, shock us, make us laugh, reduce us to tears, make us jump up in the air and above all makes us passionate.

Steven Moffatt and his team, and Russell T Davies and his team have done nothing but work there collective asses off over the past 8 or 9 years to produce the best drama they can with the support of the BBC, THIS is what we should all remember!! how difficult it is to juggle all the elements that it takes to produce a television drama, ensure it all comes together and appeals to ALL age groups and demographics, not just a chosen few who feel they have the god given right to verbally attack every decision that they dont happen to agree with. We are all fans and we should be supporting Steven and his team, yes, ofcourse, we are all entitled to our opinion, and yes ofcourse, we do not always like what we see, but surely this can be done in a more respectful and constructive way. My God!!! to think that we have had 8 Years of constant very good quality Doctor Who after 16 years of very little....ive loved every second of it and I dont want it to end, it may do one day, but please folks, embrace what we have, stop bloody whinging, be grateful and respectful and try and put yourselves in Steven's shoes, the majority of us wouldnt have a notion where to start......

Perhaps this is the best thread for this http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1821831, saves arguments being endlessly repeated.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Sorry if it's been posted, but TimeBoy's Omega thing has been disputed by TDT:

The Doctors Trainers ‏@TheDoctorsTrain 3h

Last gift for a while...Omega is not the villain of the 50th. Hurt really is 9 and no one else.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Well TDT has said we'd see 1 2 and 8 during the course of this series, didn't explain what he meant, and will presumably say I told you so! when we see flashbacks and old clips in the finale, so excuse me for taking his post with a pinch of salt. Timeboy's too, but Timeboy has more of a proven track record.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Well TDT has said we'd see 1 2 and 8 during the course of this series, didn't explain what he meant, and will presumably say I told you so! when we see flashbacks and old clips in the finale, so excuse me for taking his post with a pinch of salt. Timeboy's too, but Timeboy has more of a proven track record.

This. Timeboy is a very reliable spoiler poster. Very reliable.

We'll see in Nov who is right and who is wrong. Personally I'm hoping Timeboy is right because The Doctor's Trainers attitude really grates on me. Very uppity and know it all whereas Timeboy is simply informative without being arrogant about it.

TDT is claiming he's right because Hurt said he's playing 'part of the doctor'. Part of? That doesn't have to mean he's suddenly Nine. He could still be the Valeyard. Or Omega pretending to be the Doctor. I think TDT is hedging his bets a little right now.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Sorry if it's been posted, but TimeBoy's Omega thing has been disputed by TDT:

The Doctors Trainers ‏@TheDoctorsTrain 3h

Last gift for a while...Omega is not the villain of the 50th. Hurt really is 9 and no one else.

I'd prefer Omega than an alternative version of Nine to be honest but I guess we'll have to see though.
    Forum Member

To be fair he didn't say over the course of the series, he said before the 50th and he also was the first to mention this prequel / webisode thing which the poster who claims to have seen the opening sequence also claims is happening, both saying Eight is in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    TDT is claiming he's right because Hurt said he's playing 'part of the doctor'. Part of? That doesn't have to mean he's suddenly Nine. He could still be the Valeyard. Or Omega pretending to be the Doctor. I think TDT is hedging his bets a little right now.

Or John Hurt isn't that familiar with the show and thinks each incarnation makes up 'a part' of the Doctor of which he's playing one part.

Or he's been misquoted...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This. Timeboy is a very reliable spoiler poster. Very reliable.

We'll see in Nov who is right and who is wrong. Personally I'm hoping Timeboy is right because The Doctor's Trainers attitude really grates on me. Very uppity and know it all whereas Timeboy is simply informative without being arrogant about it.

Funny, that's how I've always regarded TDT, informative without being arrogant (and I agree that Timeboy is a kosher trusted source).
    Forum Member
    DICKENS99 wrote: »
    Funny, that's how I've always regarded TDT, informative without being arrogant (and I agree that Timeboy is a kosher trusted source).

I've read some of TDT tweets. His attitude leaves a lot to be desired IMO but each to their own. He doesn't seem to understand why he was banned from another forum either.
  • C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    The Last Great Spoiler Wars...we need to write a book about it for Clara to find
    Forum Member
    C. Samurai wrote: »
    The Last Great Spoiler Wars...we need to write a book about it for Clara to find

Except can we forget it ever happened instead of her this time?
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poster on IMDB says they've seen the Finale (they do have pics to prove it).

What they say ties in with spoilers already posted here.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Nth_Doctor wrote: »
    Or John Hurt isn't that familiar with the show and thinks each incarnation makes up 'a part' of the Doctor of which he's playing one part.

Or he's been misquoted...

That is also possible.
  • C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »

Quite like how that web of time looks, thanks for this.
    Except can we forget it ever happened instead of her this time?

Big Forum Maintenance Button
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's also far MORE spoilerific than anyone has gone before. A warning, perhaps? ;)
    Forum Member
    It's also far MORE spoilerific than anyone has gone before. A warning, perhaps? ;)

How do you mean?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Turns out the pictures are fake so the Spoilers may well be as well. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm starting to think Moffat may be behind all this, creating a fog of confusion....;)
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DICKENS99 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think Moffat may be behind all this, creating a fog of confusion....;)

I've been wondering that too, there are so many possible spoilers out there, some seeming entirely plausible, some so absurdly far-fetched. Is it all disinformation? Confuse the fans with nonsense? Perhaps one or two of these many many potential spoilers are actually true, or at least have some truth in them. Hidden in plain sight and all that...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member

Where does it say the pictures are fake ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tardy wrote: »
    Where does it say the pictures are fake ?

There's a post further down the IMDB thread that links to a thread about The Hobbit.

The Three cinema pictures the OP posted are clearly the same three pics that are in the Hobbit thread just with DW scenes replacing Hobbit scenes on the screen.

Now I suppose it's possible that the DW scenes the OP has are in fact real but if that's the case why bother photo shopping them into the Hobbit pics.
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OswaldBar wrote: »
    Honestly......It absolutely astounds me some of the posters on here being so nasty and down right rude towards someone who has worked so bloody hard to write and produce the show we all (are supposed to) love.

I have been a fan of this program since the late 70's when Tom Baker was in situ and have loved it ever since....yes, ofcourse, there are certain stories that I have not liked much, yes, ofcourse, there has been directions the show has gone in from time to time that I may not have particularly agreed with, yes ofcourse, I have been surprised at some casting decisions etc etc etc.... but above all, we have a show that is nothing like anything else on Television, that constantly strives to surprise us, shock us, make us laugh, reduce us to tears, make us jump up in the air and above all makes us passionate.

Steven Moffatt and his team, and Russell T Davies and his team have done nothing but work there collective asses off over the past 8 or 9 years to produce the best drama they can with the support of the BBC, THIS is what we should all remember!! how difficult it is to juggle all the elements that it takes to produce a television drama, ensure it all comes together and appeals to ALL age groups and demographics, not just a chosen few who feel they have the god given right to verbally attack every decision that they dont happen to agree with. We are all fans and we should be supporting Steven and his team, yes, ofcourse, we are all entitled to our opinion, and yes ofcourse, we do not always like what we see, but surely this can be done in a more respectful and constructive way. My God!!! to think that we have had 8 Years of constant very good quality Doctor Who after 16 years of very little....ive loved every second of it and I dont want it to end, it may do one day, but please folks, embrace what we have, stop bloody whinging, be grateful and respectful and try and put yourselves in Steven's shoes, the majority of us wouldnt have a notion where to start......

What a completely over the top response to a one liner (which happened to be true). I know many many people who work very hard but they don't ruin my favourite TV show in the way Moffat has done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many alleged 'spoilers' have come out of the woodwork recently that either:
    - The BBC has all of sudden become very leaky
    - People are feeling more inclined to make 'educated guesses' and pass them off as spoilers
    - Or the production team genuinely are leaking false information.
    Or all the above, why not.

Either way, not being sure of stuff is a surprisingly pleasant feeling! ;)
    Forum Member
    There's a post further down the IMDB thread that links to a thread about The Hobbit.

The Three cinema pictures the OP posted are clearly the same three pics that are in the Hobbit thread just with DW scenes replacing Hobbit scenes on the screen.

Now I suppose it's possible that the DW scenes the OP has are in fact real but if that's the case why bother photo shopping them into the Hobbit pics.

Thanks for that .. Some people clearly have too much spare time on their hands to go to all that trouble .. !!
    Forum Member
    What a completely over the top response to a one liner (which happened to be true). I know many many people who work very hard but they don't ruin my favourite TV show in the way Moffat has done.

I really don't think the show has been ruined. In fact the last three episodes have been three of the best since dr who returned. The show is different from years gone by with wobbly sets and clearly faked monsters but that was part of the reason people loved it along with the stories and characters. I bet back then there were people who hated the show but would love it now. It all subjective to individuals I know but we have to take our hats off to the production team and actors for working their butts off to give us such a great family show !! Long may they reign !!!
This discussion has been closed.