Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    The hype train has delivered the full teasers from SFX

Does sound great those episode.

Also love that DWM cover too.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great cover. Digging the threads, Peter.

I like the pre series issue. You get all sorts of hints, quotes and photos and wonder how it's going to go on screen. And obviously it means....we're nearly there!

ETA the cover is exactly the same pose Peter D and Ainley did which was a poster in Doctor Who Monthly way back when. :)
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delicious DWM cover: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMrjukoWUAAgPOm.jpg

Not plastered with the face of the next showrunner, I'm afraid :p

That cover is terrific.
    Everything about Peter - the clothes, the hair, his expression, everything - to me it just instantly says Doctor Who. :)
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Great cover. Digging the threads, Peter.

I like the pre series issue. You get all sorts of hints, quotes and photos and wonder how it's going to go on screen. And obviously it means....we're nearly there!

ETA the cover is exactly the same pose Peter D and Ainley did which was a poster in Doctor Who Monthly way back when. :)

I can't get direct link

But search for this on Google:-

peter davison master

It's the 3rd image when I click search.
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    adams66 wrote: »
    That cover is terrific.
    Everything about Peter - the clothes, the hair, his expression, everything - to me it just instantly says Doctor Who. :)

Aye. It's the main thing I'm looking forward to. It will be interesting see where he takes the character, what bits he dropped from series 8 and what bits he's added.

He was by far the highlight of series 8, with some wonderful dialogue from the writers as well it must be said.

A class actor. His Frobisher from Children of Earth is still one of my favourite TV performances.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    So, given those spoilers, do we really think it's the end for Clara or is there something else at play here?
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mission Dalek competition has launched. The video has a bit of new footage from the opener. With a very concerned 12 (Peter <3).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1RwGn6j1rHGRJKjwzBFm25t/mission-dalek-competition-uk-residents-only

Also Wales Online deleted an article about Sonic Sunglasses, so..... :cool:
  • Whoswho1Whoswho1 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mission Dalek competition has launched. The video has a bit of new footage from the opener. With a very concerned 12 (Peter <3).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1RwGn6j1rHGRJKjwzBFm25t/mission-dalek-competition-uk-residents-only

Peter said he DOES have sonic Ray bans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FYI..

Peter was handing out jelly babies ^_^

Figures!! LOL
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How does the competition look? I had a brief look at the website but not the resource pack or anything else. It's something I'd be really interested in doing but I go away tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'd have enough time when I get back :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they messed up with the resource packs. Could have at least isolated the music. I imagine anything assembled with them will be messy.

Some Peter quotes from the now-deleted-because-it-breached-embargo Wales Online article/interview.
    "I have to approve toys so they bring me them to look at, and this year there’s a Mr Potato Head coming out, so I had to approve my Mr Potato Head. I kept going ‘is the hair right? Is it meant to be grey?’ I still think my hair’s brown but my merchandise has grey hair!"
    "I’ve got sonic sunglasses, it wasn't my idea but I like it, I get free Ray-Bans now. I was just wearing shades because it was sunny, and I was Doctor Who and it looked cool."
    "In the Christmas special we were in the Antarctic so I thought I’d better put a hoody on and I quite liked it. I thought we’d get some more of those, and started playing around with that. So he’s loosening up a bit more this series, but sometimes he does go back to his more severe look. And there are a few trousery things – but that will become clear when you see the show"
    "I’ve always wanted my hair to be longer. It always has to be a decisive change in the first series, and Matt (Smith) being so friendly and open they wanted to make a marked difference. It just grows and I’m lucky it’s still there. Some people may think I was going for the full Pertwee bouffant, and it’s almost there."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blogtor Who Series 9 Set Report, Interviews & More

There will be more interviews through other outlets today, so keep an eye out.

INVASION OF THE ZYGONS / INVERSION OF THE ZYGONS

Episode 9 could well be a POV episode... while Episode 11 only stars Peter - it's a one-hander :o
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    So we have two more episode titles. I did think that the Osgood clip from the trailer looked a bit Mexico...they always insist on giving Mexico a stereotypically yellow tint (see Breaking Bad for it to be taken to the extreme) :D

The information about episode eleven is very intriguing! Just Peter Capaldi on his own, in a story that has been likened to spaghetti, and is also supposedly based on a Big Finish idea? I'm still wondering if it at all has a link to the finale, though it's sounding less and less like it. That being said, I'm still hoping the finale will be an extended episode - feature length if we're lucky just as Deep Breath was for Series 8. :)

Overall Series 9 just seems to be breaking the mould a little more than Series 8 did, and trying to do some new and inventive things. It's certainly refreshing, which is in contrast to the "same old, same old" attitudes a lot of people seem to have towards it, and even the second trailer suggesting that it was just business as usual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is how Moffat handles the 'Clara Who' complaints :D

"You want more Peter? FINE, HE'S ALL YOURS"

Suddenly that's my most anticipated episode. Kick ass, Capaldi.
    Forum Member
    This is how Moffat handles the 'Clara Who' complaints :D

"You want more Peter? FINE, HE'S ALL YOURS"

Haha :D Maybe it'll be some consolation for those people, as I'm now wondering if Sarah Dollard's tenth episode will be Doctor-lite. Rigsy is back after all, and last appeared in a Clara-heavy story. And they might be going for the whole Midnight/Turn Left scenario of utilising Capaldi and Coleman in seperate stories.

It's add to the Series 4 vibe this series seems to have... big Dalek story, possibly with Davros. A slur of returning characters and villains, some more innovative stories and the whole 'glory days' aspect which was somewhat true of The Doctor and Donna in the fourth series too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Capaldi says there are three-parters O.O

Gatiss' episode is found footage according to the Daily Star. Close enough.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/460025/Doctor-Who-surprises-new-series
    Forum Member
    The three-parters idea is intriguing, though with all the clever wordplay I do wonder if it'll be three consecutive episodes as opposed to a three-part story spread across the series. Maybe the finale is the third part to the opening two-part story, for example? :o If the Davros rumours are true I could see him being brought back for the finale also - he was still missing from the Doctor Who Experience when I recently visited and they were filming the finale (clutching at straws a little, but still it's fun to speculate :D )

Apparently the opening titles may not be used in the Gatiss episode. I wonder what scenario could warrant that? The Daily Star seems to name drop Brian Minchin, who says that they might just run with the found-footage episode (Gatiss') without the opening titles. At any rate, I'm glad Gatiss has potentially been given something a bit more unique to work with - whilst I've enjoyed some of his episodes, even those are a little more "traditional" in their set up. It'll be good to see him break the mould and try something new and relatively novel.

The Daily Star also suggests that the Judoon and the Hath will be back as well. If so I'm guessing it will probably just be for scenery-chewing purposes...a Maldovarium-esque scene perhaps?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Moffat's huge cliffhanger, possible Big Finish idea is an episode with just The Doctor...

...but what about multiple Doctors? Multiple 12s? :o Only one actor needed!
    Forum Member
    So Moffat's huge cliffhanger, possible Big Finish idea is an episode with just The Doctor...

...but what about multiple Doctors? Multiple 12s? :o Only one actor needed!

It'd fit with the "spaghetti" terminlogy that Rachel Talalay used to describe the episode. Multiple Twelve's would be a bit timey-wimey most likely, not to mention a little trippy (like those artistic clapper-boards we were shown!) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many costume variations this series - just so we know who is who! :p
    Forum Member
    It could also feed very conveniently into any number of other stories. For a series that seems to have interwoven so many different plot threads across various episodes, this one could have a link to all those before it perhaps?

It does sound like episode eleven is an intriguing subject to say the least. In a way it's conveniently distracting from the final episode, of which we know very little at all.

That being said, we don't even know which stories are officially linked and we're a month away from broadcast. They've done themselves proud this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and no widespread cinema release to avoid cliffhanger spoilers.

A returning character perhaps maybe possibly hm? Never stop believing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow ...series 9 sounds amazing.

interesting how PC keeps insinuating they might fire him sooner than later.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Whoswho1 wrote: »
    wow ...series 9 sounds amazing.

interesting how PC keeps insinuating they might fire him sooner than later.

Actors of Peter's (and Matt's, David's, Chris' etc) standards never want to be attached to any project for any considerable length of time

Particularly one that has a reputation for typecasting as much as Sci-fi

I don't think Tom Baker's reign will ever be topped tbh. And even he admits he went on far too long too, damaging his future career prospects.
    (but thankfully comedy came to the rescue...Blackadder, Lionel Nimrod's Inexplicable World, Little Britain etc)
This discussion has been closed.