• Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see the 'affection' for VD has transposed to TV from 5live
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I think the whole of BBC Two's morning schedule could do with a refresh. I wish they would just put their hands in their pockets and buy more of the old films and show them every morning or maybe just one film each morning at 6am instead of showing repeats of Homes Under the Hammer :)

I know the BBC already have a regular film slot each Saturday morning (which is fantastic) I just wish they would extend this across the other 6 morning's of the week :)

My ideal schedule for during the week would be:

6.00am Old film
    8.00 Sign Zone
    10.00 Victora Derbyshire Show
    10.30 Click
    11.00 BBC News
    11.30 BBC World News

They could perhaps show films from 10.30am during the school holidays / summer term times.
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I assume her absence again today means she is off all week ?

She was frequently absent from her radio show too. Small blessings and all that.
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mivi wrote: »
    Victoria is very good on Radio 4 I think, but the TV show she hosts is awful. When I'm not at work I prefer The Wright Stuff - depending on who he has on the panel. If it's Yasmin alibi Brown I turn over - she is so sanctimonious & hectoring.

try Radio 4, even better. Derbyshire is not on there much. A good mix of morning shows. ;-)
  • Options
    SjsyeySjsyey Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    STEVE 03 wrote: »
    My ideal schedule for during the week would be:

6.00am Old film
    8.00 Sign Zone
    10.00 Victora Derbyshire Show
    10.30 Click
    11.00 BBC News
    11.30 BBC World News

and the idea schedule for the news channel during the week is
    0:00-23:59:BBC News
    Never: Victoria Derbyshire Programme
  • Options
    AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems clear that someone in the beeb hierarchy rates VD quite highly, for reasons which are hard to fathom. In an act of forward thinking she was axed (?) from 5 live for Peter Allen and Childs, and has been 'rewarded' with this.
    Totally agree it is out of place for News channel, and should be given 1/2 hr of simulcast at best.

Same reason like Derbyshire why FremantleMedia keeps the actors who play Karl and Susan in Neighbours despite their characters being tired old clapped out has-beens. The actor who played Harold Bishop saw his on-screen family afforded no special treatment when they were axed due to running their course, so what makes the actors who play Karl and Susan special like Victoria Derbyshire? Do they and VD have something on FremantleMedia/BBC bosses?

If her BBC show doesn't work out, Viacom should demand FremantleMedia Australia sign Victoria Derbyshire to a life deal where as long as the actors who play Karl and Susan stay, VD stays until they are axed, even if the ratings collapse in Britain and Australia (causing Network Ten to pay less and less) with her in it.

At least Victoria will be on Channel 5 away from the BBC.
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I must admitt the idea of having a news/review show on BBC Two on weekday mornings, is a good idea, it's just the host and the fact it's simulcast with the BBC News channel that doesn't go down very well.

Perhaps if the BBC got someone else to host a similiar type of show to replace the VD show and keep exclusively on BBC Two rather than simulcast it with the BBC News channel, perhaps then it would/could work out :)
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also to do with the programme content, the type of stories that are covered
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joanna Gosling was good again this morning - she doesn't patronise the viewers.Can we extend the time she stands in for Derbyshire to four weeks every month ?
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Joanna Gosling was good again this morning - she doesn't patronise the viewers.Can we extend the time she stands in for Derbyshire to four weeks every month ?

Bet you feel stupid now, huh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33996064
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bet you feel stupid now, huh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33996064

Why would I feel stupid ? Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it ? Look at the date on my post
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would I feel stupid ? Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it ? Look at the date on my post

Yes

It was a bit of a cheap shot to use someones illness to score points on DS.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The date of your post is irrelevant since we don't know when she was diagnosed. I'm no fan of her as a broadcaster, nor of the programme in general, but given the serious nature of this news, like others I wish her well.
  • Options
    SjsyeySjsyey Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    The date of your post is irrelevant since we don't know when she was diagnosed. I'm no fan of her as a broadcaster, nor of the programme in general, but given the serious nature of this news, like others I wish her well.

Im afraid the date is relevant as it's completely different to say you wished a relief presenter covering Holidays would present more often, than a presenter covering Cancer.