Little Louis Tomlinson is "worse than Wagner"

KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
Forum Member
Brookstein told Louis' mum:
"your son...he's worse than Wagner..."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a294148/one-direction-mum-slams-prat-brookstein.html

You can't argue with the facts. It's true!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lord Wagner is perfect in every way, so it's not actually insulting to Louis. Silly, silly Brookstein.
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Steve Brookstein is merely stating the obvious.:)

Everyone is worse than Wagner, because Wagner is perfection.
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although Wagner is clearly the chosen one, Brookstein is getting closer to Louis' Mam getting a shotgun... :eek:
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    I disagree. Neither are really good but Louis is better than Wagner. *runs away*
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Brookstein is a knob who should have kept his thoughts to himself.
  • batman.batman. Posts: 8,906
    Forum Member
    Why does he need to have a go at someone half his age? To his mother no less! What a bitter old fool.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    I disagree. Neither are really good but Louis is better than Wagner. *runs away*

How would you know? You've heard Wagner sing, and can make an opinion on him. Are you judging based on watching how well Louis can mouth the words with the mic off to whatever Harry is singing? :confused:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    batman. wrote: »
    Why does he need to have a go at someone half his age? To his mother no less! What a bitter old fool.

That's what I think too, Brookstien is a bitter man, having a go at a kid and then his mother is bang out of order :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    Poor Stevie. Muct be awful living with that bitteness. Prety sure he's got a son too? wonder if he'd like someone tweeting his wife nasty comments about his little 'un :(

Really uncalled for comments. I know he reads DS, yet comments telling his to move on dont appear to have registered at all. Sad, sad situation...for him :(

Louis' mum will get over it, as will Louis but Steve's bitterness doesn't appear to shifting. I genuinely feel quite sorry for him.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does seem to be getting out of control a bit but if you don't want to deal with negative criticism, then don't go on a primetime Saturday night television show on which we are supposed to judge your "talent".

Louis can't sing. Even his Mum appears to have admitted he's the weakest vocally in the group and when you consider the presence in the Wands of Zain and Niall, that's some admission. Steve's done the kid a favour - I knew him as Sea Urchin up until this story started getting coverage.

He's not a kid. He may look around 14 but he's 17 - old enough to smoke, have sex, get a job, leave home, drive etc. etc. I think Steve is obsessed with his hatred of X Factor and all its spawn, but his points are valid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem to be getting out of control a bit but if you don't want to deal with negative criticism, then don't go on a primetime Saturday night television show on which we are supposed to judge your "talent".

Louis can't sing. Even his Mum appears to have admitted he's the weakest vocally in the group and when you consider the presence in the Wands of Zain and Niall, that's some admission. Steve's done the kid a favour - I knew him as Sea Urchin up until this story started getting coverage.

He's not a kid. He may look around 14 but he's 17 - old enough to smoke, have sex, get a job, leave home, drive etc. etc. I think Steve is obsessed with his hatred of X Factor and all its spawn, but his points are valid.

His points are valid, but it's stlll sucky that he makes them. Kid or otherwise, it's pretty uncool to bitch about someone to their mother.

But I agree that Louis is undoubtedly the weakest in the group vocally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ganix wrote: »
    His points are valid, but it's stlll sucky that he makes them. Kid or otherwise, it's pretty uncool to bitch about someone to their mother.

But I agree that Louis is undoubtedly the weakest in the group vocally.

It all just seems a little pointless doesn't it?! As others have said, he shouldn't be getting into the debate. He's stated his opinion, she's had hers, Louis (or his PR people) responded very well. Let it go. I'm sure he's doing it for publicity and equally I'm sure if he was singing a contestant's praises, Steve would get slated for trying to get back in Cowell's good books. He has no chance of doing that so should just let it lie!

I do feel a bit sorry for Louis as he isn't the only dire singer in that group, just the most exposed in his audition footage and, of course, the most protected on the live shows. Yeah, OK, I'm not helping!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Who is Brookstein?? He keeps insulting Louis for no reason =s whats with the attacks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This "debate" is pretty pointless. Louis ain't leaving the group anytime soon. So what's the point of people spending all your time bitching about like a bunch of little Brooksteins? What a waste of energy. I still think he's a valuable member of the group and he'll be making more money than all of us in the next year whether you think he "deserves" it or not. Your words won't stop that from happening.

P.S. And Louis will be laughing ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!:p
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve Brookstein is just digging himself in deeper and deeper. He's a middle-aged man, publically slagging off a teenager. How sad does that make him? He bangs on about being a serious musician, then behaves like Katie Price (or some other talent void), who slags other celebs off for publicity!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    batman. wrote: »

He thrives on negativity.

The man's a troll.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snuffles22 wrote: »
    This "debate" is pretty pointless. Louis ain't leaving the group anytime soon. So what's the point of people spending all your time bitching about like a bunch of little Brooksteins? What a waste of energy. I still think he's a valuable member of the group and he'll be making more money than all of us in the next year whether you think he "deserves" it or not. Your words won't stop that from happening.

P.S. And Louis will be laughing ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!:p

TBH that's what Steve thought when he won - whose to say their careers won't end up the same the majority of people who do xfactor end up flopping
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    TBH that's what Steve thought when he won - whose to say their careers won't end up the same the majority of people who do xfactor end up flopping

Yeah, that could happen. But one thing Louis has over the Steve Brookstein's of the world is - a good attitude. Part of Steve's problem is that he got on Simon Cowell's bad side and made an enemy of him. Dumb move.

Louis seems to have a positive, upbeat personality and realizes what a rare opportunity he's been given. I'd say he's probably the least likely to piss it all away and most likely to find ways to make the most of it.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is disgusting. Sad sad behavour
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »

depends what you call a flop? Jedward and Chico have both made a lot of money from being on X Factor . Brenda Edwards has made a successful west end career for herself. Leonie very successful. Rhydian working and making money, ditto Diana Vickers, Ollie Murs. Even the Macdonald Brothers here in Scotland (not my cup of tea) but are working constantly and making money on the back of the X Factor .

I think it is too early to predict who will be this year's money makers but I am sure at least 2 maybe 3 will be more successful than Steve
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still enjoying Matts win AND Christmas number one to be caught up in post X Factor drama :D

Although i do agree with Brooksteins general question regarding how Louis even made the cut for One Direction, yeah he really cant sing and given the controversy surrounding some of Cheryls choices this year, im suprised Louis has never been mentioned given his track record at the judges house and the lives. Especially since he has himself gone out of his way to attack Wagners singing ability, and in hindsight seems to be regarded on the same level as Harry and Liam by Cowell, who thinks the all the 1 Direction boys arent good enough to compete as solo acts. It is a joke, Harry or Liam i think in any other year would have easily made the final as solo artists. But hey they you go..

But saying that i agree with most posters, what is the point of critising the boy now? He made the band, has gone through the competition with them. He isnt an idiot, he'll know the chance of a solo singing career after the band, are practically zero for him...but let him enjoy the ride...eh Steve? The show has finished ffs and i think targeting a 18 year old is a new low for Brookstein to be honest! His mother didnt need to defend Louis (although i dont really blame her ) as Louis responded well on his own and made Brooksteins ranting look silly in process! In fact maybe Louis mother can cut the aprons strings now her son is in the public eye? We already have one showbiz mother from this series (Waisells) that is determined to garner attention through their offspring, we dont need another! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think karma never fails.

Louis voiced his opinion too on twitter taking a hit to other contestants and their vocal abilities. I didn't like that he did that since he is the only member of 1D that never had a solo. Zayn was at least an echo but I have an idea of how his voice sounds. I have no clue how Louis voice sounds because he has never sung during the competition. Not even the chorus.

Louis brought this to himself imo. He talked trash about other contestants on twitter and now it's coming back to him. I don't think that Brookstein should be bullying him or his mother though. It's unnecessary. Just when Louis did it with other contestants. But I do agree with Brookstein that louis is worse than wagner. If we are honest he is a leech and adds absolutely nothing to the group. At least Wagner got votes on his own merits(good or bad). I think they should just replace Louis with a cuter boy that can sing better. Nobody would even notice or miss him.
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where Steve's single Don't Give Up charted? I have been trying to find out but I am guessing as I can't find it it did not make the top 100?
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    depends what you call a flop? Jedward and Chico have both made a lot of money from being on X Factor . Brenda Edwards has made a successful west end career for herself. Leonie very successful. Rhydian working and making money, ditto Diana Vickers, Ollie Murs. Even the Macdonald Brothers here in Scotland (not my cup of tea) but are working constantly and making money on the back of the X Factor .

I think it is too early to predict who will be this year's money makers but I am sure at least 2 maybe 3 will be more successful than Steve

In 7 years there have been a total of 85 finalists how many of those actually have successful singing careers which is what the show is supposed to be about - even if you take out the 16 contestants from this year as it's too early to tell if they will be successful or not that's 70 people who "should" have gone on to have some sort of music career
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think karma never fails.

Louis voiced his opinion too on twitter taking a hit to other contestants and their vocal abilities. I didn't like that he did that since he is the only member of 1D that never had a solo. Zayn was at least an echo but I have an idea of how his voice sounds. I have no clue how Louis voice sounds because he has never sung during the competition. Not even the chorus.

Louis brought this to himself imo. He talked trash about other contestants on twitter and now it's coming back to him. I don't think that Brookstein should be bullying him or his mother though. It's unnecessary. Just when Louis did it with other contestants. But I do agree with Brookstein that louis is worse than wagner. If we are honest he is a leech and adds absolutely nothing to the group. At least Wagner got votes on his own merits(good or bad). I think they should just replace Louis with a cuter boy that can sing better. Nobody would even notice or miss him.

To be fair to Louis, his tweets were very accurate. I've just looked back at what he actually put out there:

First we had:
    "What a joke Wagner through and not Aiden !!! Aiden has to get through !!!!"

Then there was:
    "Not only was he one of my best friends he was one of the best singers in the competition yet people who can't sing a note in tune are still here wow ! "

Both statements are pretty much in line with what most viewers were thinking. Aiden was better than Wagner and there were people still in who couldn't sing a note in tune - namely Wagner, Niall, Louis and Zain. It may seem a bit odd that the worst singer in the competition was complaining but actually Aiden should have lasted a lot longer than Wand Erection. Louis just didn't choose to expose his own group's dire "singing" by name.