Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 (9)

Comments

• BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Alleged MP maps;
    Carrier: "Chinese Supercarrier. Open engagements on the deck, with great close quarter fights through the hull."
    Cargo: "Port of Singapore. Good for close quarters engagements and verticality."
    Drone: "Hidden drone facility in the heart of the Myanmar jungles. Great long engagements down the centre, fun close quarter fights through the facility."
    Express: "Los Angeles bullet train station. Good long-to-medium engagements up and down the bullet train tracks."
    Hijacked: "Luxurious super yacht. Frantic, yet controlled close quarters engagements.
    Aftermath: "Set in a ruined downtown Los Angeles after an invasion."
    Meltdown: "Pakistan nuclear power plant. Battle for control of the nuclear cooling tower and the surrounding facilities."
    Nightclub: "Floating resort in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Tight corners and angles throughout."
    Overflow: "Peshawar, Pakistan. Great urban engagements in the flooded streets."
    Raid: "Fight through this hillside mansion, in the Hollywood Hills. Hectic close quarters engagements."
    Slums: "Run down section of Panama. Great close quarters engagements and tough chokes to fight over."
    Socotra: (Update - originally "Yemen" as seen in the Black Ops 2 gamescom live streams) "Urban streets of Yemen. Tight alleys and close quarters engagements."
    Turbine: "Wind farm in the steep hills of Yemen. Fight across the different tiers and angles."
    Village: "Border town between China and Kyrgyzstan. Classic engagements and destinations to fight over."

DS Article

Not sure what to make of these.

There appears to be at least 3 maps involved on a platform over water (Yacht, Nightclub, Carrier).

Also, I've never known them to repeat a previous map name before - Village.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »

Running out of map names. That's what happens when you shit out so much content. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    'Tis true.

Think there will be 28 MW3 maps by the time DLC ceases. To be honest, I'd settle for half that many if they were good.

Plus, I forgot Dome - that was a repeat from W@W.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Alleged MP maps;

DS Article

Not sure what to make of these.

There appears to be at least 3 maps involved on a platform over water (Yacht, Nightclub, Carrier).

It is funny how DS quotes CVG who is quoting MP1st who is quoting a forum.

Anyways - Yemen is still Yemen. It is just the filename for Yemen is mp_socotra. Cargo is mp_dockside, Aftermath is mp_la. So not sure why the forum poster got confused over Yemen, maybe they forgot about it.

For example Hazard is mp_golfcourse.

They're legit too - it is from the disc at Gamescom - if you have a dodgy Xbox you can download it and play it for yourself and these names are in the files of the game.

It also has weapon camo names and unlocks, most were headshots, one was no perks kills, longshot kills, can't remember the forum with it all on now, found it at work.

Gold camo does return and is unlocked via maximum proficiency. Which doesn't exist in BO2, so probably highest weapon rank like in MW3.
    Forum Member
    Chinese Whispers around CoD rumours? Surely not! :D

At least they sound relatively diverse. I don't think I've ever gotten so bored, so fast, with CoD maps as I did with MW3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, it isn't called Village, it is called Standoff.

This is the proper list.

Aftermath (mp_aftermath)
    Cargo (mp_dockside)
    Carrier (mp_carrier)
    Drone (mp_drone)
    Express (mp_express)
    Hijacked (mp_hijacked)
    Meltdown (mp_meltdown)
    Overflow (mp_overflow)
    Plaza (mp_slums)
    Promenade (mp_nightclub)
    Raid (mp_raid)
    Standoff (mp_village)
    Turbine (mp_turbine)
    Yemen (mp_socotra)

Also a Zombie map, Green Run (zm_transit).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some more info - Cold Blooded keeps you off that new MMS sight that shows outlines of people through walls and smoke.

Cold Blooded
    - Immune to thermal sight
    - No name above you
    - Immune to Target Finder (that tunnel vision sight that outlines enemies with red diamonds)
    - Immune to MMS
    - Invisible to motion sensors
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so still no word on elite?
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having not bothered with MW3 I think I might try BLOPS2, but I might get it on PC. Have recent COD games been any good on PC though?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    so still no word on elite?
    Nope - maybe at Eurogamer Expo?

They've stopped selling membership to Elite, though, it should be noted.

The big leak ages ago said they're going back to map packs. Most of the leak has come true, so who knows. Maybe DLC with Elite is history.
    PinSarla wrote: »
    Having not bothered with MW3 I think I might try BLOPS2, but I might get it on PC. Have recent COD games been any good on PC though?
    I wouldn't personally, full of hackers with aim bots.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Pilch, get it on PS3!! Me, Allan, Manc, Mike, Mojo, Shenton, Icy, Daniel etc will be getting it :)
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Pilch, get it on PS3!! Me, Allan, Manc, Mike, Mojo, Shenton, Icy, Daniel etc will be getting it :)

Think I might.

My little bro has my PS3 though, as his XBox RROD'd. I would have no qualms snatching it back from his grubby little mitts though :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two new game modes are Hacker and Resistance.

In Hacker you hack AGRs - that small AI tank scorestreak thingy. Resistance is unknown.

Team Defender returns, as does Kill Confirmed but KC is a Party Game only (Wager Match of old).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been going through the leaked stuff and found some more info in the files.

Vahn has said he has been tweaking lots with the numbers on Twitter, mainly to do with score, but still can't take the following as gospel, but a general idea.

Some Domination challenges at last!
    GM_DOM_kill_2_enemies_capturing_your_objective
    GM_DOM_capture_b_first_minute
    GM_DOM_hold_a_entire_match
    GM_DOM_hold_b_entire_match
    GM_DOM_hold_c_entire_match
    GM_DOM_control_3_points_3_minutes

Gun Stats
    This isn't a full list of guns - only those available at gamescom.

Weapon attachment unlocks go up to weapon level 14, unclear if this is max level. MMS (see through walls sight) is last attachment to be unlocked.

Assault Rifles
    Accura.	Damage	Range	ROF	Mobili.	Magazine
    M8A1 (4 round burst)	65	45	55	75	70	30
    Type 25			55	45	45	80	70	30
    SIG556 (burst)		80	65	75	75	70	30
    AN-94			50	60	65	70	70	30
    SMR (semi auto)		75	80	80	40	70	20
    SCAR-H			60	65	75	55	70	20
    TAR 21			65	60	60	65	70	30
    HK 416			70	55	50	65	75	30
    SA 58			80	70	70	45	75	25

SMGs
    Chicom CQB		55	45	45	75	80	40
    Skorpion EVO III	35	40	30	80	80	40
    Vector K10 (burst)	60	50	45	70	80	40
    MSMC			65	70	60	60	80	40
    MP7			50	60	50	70	80	40
    PDW-57			65	65	65	60	80	40

LMGs
    LSAT	70	70	70	65	60	100
    Mk 48	75	75	75	55	60	100
    LSW	60	55	55	80	60	100

Sniper Rifles
    SVU-AS (semi)	75	70	70	60	80	12
    DSR-50 (bolt)	70	80	80	20	80	4
    AS50 (semi)	60	75	70	50	80	8
    Ballista (bolt)	80	75	75	30	80	7

• blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With music from Avenge Sevenfold, awesome !
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    With music from Avenge Sevenfold, awesome !

Avenged. Not to be a dick or anything. :)

Going from Trent Reznor, to them, f**ks the credibility for me a bit. But hey ho. Hopefully they're only on the trailer.
    Forum Member
    More details coming out;
    First details on the fan-favourite multiplayer mode were also revealed, with three different zombie modes playable in Black Ops 2 - Tranzit, Survival and Grief modes.

Tranzit will be the primary zombie mode for Black Ops 2, adding context to the fight against the undead.

The mode will feature an expansive open world, which up to four players can explore either on foot or using the bus shown in the above trailer. The bus allows faster travel between locations, but can become difficult to escape from if overrun by zombies.

There will also be collectible items spread throughout the Tranzit world, which can be combined to build new weapons and equipment. The gameplay trailer shows an example with a riot shield built from various parts.

Survival mode will be similar to the zombie mode of past Call of Duty games. It will feature several smaller sections from the Tranzit world, customised to act as self-contained levels.

Grief is a unique new twist on the zombies formula, pitting two four-player teams against each other with zombies surrounding them. Players will not be able to directly kill other human players, and will instead have to use the environment to lead the zombies to attack the opposing team.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying not to get wound up in the hype of this game as just like every other COD,MW,BLOPS game, it's been hyped upto the max and delivered much less.

I never "got" Blops zombies but after watched the trailer, i'm pumped to try it out. I've got the game on pre order and looking forward to Nuketown 2025.

Is it November yet ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is starting to warrant the hype, in my opinion.

A load more MP info is now known too.

They're polishing this game big style. Throwing out all the shittyness.

Weapon XP carries over when you prestige.
    Items are KEPT when prestiging, including attachments.
    Camo on stuff other than guns.
    You earn the usual camo and can then unlock hidden camo
    Thousands of challenges
    You can now have 20 clips in theater mode, and merge into one clip to then carry on (I'd imagine a time limit still exists)
    New camera options for theater mode, where the camera will follow an object from a fix position
    150 emblems to chose from if you can't make your own
    Emblem editor has RGB picker so you can have any colour you like
    Emblem editor also allows transparency
    Emblem editor now has 32 layers
    Combat training is back, along with new 'Boot Camp' which has AI and players vs. another team of AI and players - for the noobs to play in, available levels 1-10, so a seasoned player can't eat up noobs for too long
    Also a new 'Objective' training mode where you play objective games with AI and other players - at any level - but XP is reduced
    Multi-team modes are TDM, KC and Hardpoint.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always reckoned Treyarch were the best.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Emblem editor has RGB picker so you can have any colour you like
    Emblem editor also allows transparency
    Emblem editor now has 32 layers

So many more penis designs to look forward to seeing. :yawn:

That said I do like being able to design my own emblem. Although I'll probably end up with the same grinning batman/devil thingy I got now. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Footage of three new maps:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5FGwLGBIDs (Hijacked - the one on the boat)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRg2O9gVNhg (Overflow)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY6dGTgDLHQ (Express - the train station, trains do move around and can kill you)