Options

Why did YOU dislike BB15?

hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
Forum Member
I am just curious as to why BB15 had such a terrible reception?

For me, this was the first series of BB I watched, and certainly for the first five weeks I thought it was great. Great launch night twists, good HMs (I may be in the minority here), I liked the power twist theme (at least in the first half), and I liked how the girls' feuds developed.

I thought the new HMs was a good opportunity to keep the series at a good momentum half way through but they were all a bit boring and it was the Armageddon week was where the series turned bad.

Evictions without the public vote was just ludicrous - we lost Danielle as a result :(

Then, the power trip theme just became stupid - we had a boring rehash of Week 3 in Week 7, which made it feel like e hasn't had normal noms for ages! Then we had the Power of Money and Powrr of Knowledge which were just stupid!
To top it all off, they had a DREADFUL final week, with old HMs reentering, the producers CHOOSING Helen to be fake evicted and then her winning :(

Comments

• Options
    waylander_1973waylander_1973 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dislike the last series for the following reasons.

A: The free pass to the final and the always up changed the nature of the show in the wrong direction.

B: There was too much outside knowledge from the public and even worst the bots crowd were chosen to give it.

C: The three housemates added in to the show midway didn't really add anything, at the end of the day.

D: The app voting isolated a number of fans if they wanted to vote on the app choices, but couldn't because they didn't own a certain phone.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In all honesty I can't blame the over saturation of odious HM's or the eventual winner ... what made me dislike the series so much was the constant meddling & and manipulation, far too much contact from the outside (though any is too much imo) and them being made aware of public opinion over and over again , every other task designed to create more conflict .... and biasedly so for the most part .... and bloody Steven Goode - bah !!!
  • Options
    EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrendous Helen and gormless Ash.
  • Options
    Forum Member

A: The free pass to the final and the always up changed the nature of the show in the wrong direction.

B: There was too much outside knowledge from the public and even worst the bots crowd were chosen to give it.

C: The three housemates added in to the show midway didn't really add anything, at the end of the day.

D: The app voting isolated a number of fans if they wanted to vote on the app choices, but couldn't because they didn't own a certain phone.

A: I actually didn't mind the free pass. I probably would have if there had been, say, 4 finalists, but it did change the house dynamic because she realised she was invincible and her ego grew and I personally found that an interesting dynamic.

B: Totally agree! It was ridiculous, plus the conflict-engineering, it just became tiresome.

C: Agree.

D: This didn't bother me much.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    In addition to being annoyed about information about public opinion, I also thought housemates were given too much information about what went on on the inside. People's Diary Room conversations were broadcast to the people being talked about. The Diary Room is supposed to be a place where you can talk through your thoughts confidentially with a producer (well, confidentially as far as the House is concerned anyway - obviously it gets broadcast, but it shouldn't be shown to the other Housemates whilst they're still there). It's a betrayal of trust.

I actually quite liked the Power Housemate theme, but it was messed up by Pauline being given too much power and the other Power Housemates not being given enough. It really did seem like things were being made up as they went along at times. I stopped watching it because the rules were inconsistent, and it was really difficult to work out what was going on. Twist after twist after twist after twist made me think, 'I don't even get this anymore'. So yeah, I didn't finish it. Hope it gets better next year (I will always give it a shot, no matter how bad it has been in previous years).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In addition to being annoyed about information about public opinion, I also thought housemates were given too much information about what went on on the inside. People's Diary Room conversations were broadcast to the people being talked about. The Diary Room is supposed to be a place where you can talk through your thoughts confidentially with a producer (well, confidentially as far as the House is concerned anyway - obviously it gets broadcast, but it shouldn't be shown to the other Housemates whilst they're still there). It's a betrayal of trust.

I actually quite liked the Power Housemate theme, but it was messed up by Pauline being given too much power and the other Power Housemates not being given enough. It really did seem like things were being made up as they went along at times. I stopped watching it because the rules were inconsistent, and it was really difficult to work out what was going on. Twist after twist after twist after twist made me think, 'I don't even get this anymore'. So yeah, I didn't finish it. Hope it gets better next year (I will always give it a shot, no matter how bad it has been in previous years).

I hadn't realised that you'd given up! When did you?

And I remember you bringing that up actually - Paulines decisions would affect the whole series. I guess they needed to start it with a bang.
  • Options
    george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I hadn't realised that you'd given up! When did you?

And I remember you bringing that up actually - Paulines decisions would affect the whole series. I guess they needed to start it with a bang.

The night that Marlon came out and the new people went in. It wasn't only because I was fed up with the series - it was mainly because at that time I had a lot of things to do in not very much time - but the quality of the programme meant that I wasn't placing it as a priority. Maybe if I'd been enjoying it more, I'd have stopped doing something else and stuck at it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The night that Marlon came out and the new people went in. It wasn't only because I was fed up with the series - it was mainly because at that time I had a lot of things to do in not very much time - but the quality of the programme meant that I wasn't placing it as a priority. Maybe if I'd been enjoying it more, I'd have stopped doing something else and stuck at it.

Well if you were fed up by Week 6, then it's just as well you didn't watch the second half, you wouldn't have enjoyed it very much at all :D

I quite enjoyed the first 5 weeks.
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've disliked every Channel 5 series but the bits of BB15 that I saw made it the worst series of a reality show in television history.

I hated.

1: The hooker
    2: The rest of the horrid housemates.
    3: The house design
    4: No live feed.
    5: Marcus
    6: Rylan 'It's all about me' Clark
    7: Editing of episodes
    8: Everything
  • Options
    moagmoag Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The manipulation of ch5 . To much outside knowledge, the housemates
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I didn't dislike it, I liked it. It isn't one of my favourites (like BB5-BB8), in fact it's probably just behind those four series', but it was good and doesn't deserve the hate it gets. There was plenty of entertaining/memorable moments week in, week out, I just don't know how people can describe it with so much distaste. However, I do think the over reliance on twists was horrific - most twists, especially in the second half, were just random clutching at straws, doing everything we've seen before (face to face nominations, random secret room in the last two days when it looked like we might, for the first time ever, escape a secret room of some kind) and I think they realized this when Ashleigh was told that she would be immune from being put up for eviction, and then a few hours later she was up for eviction. I did like the different aspects of the twists though, but I wouldn't have minded a few more weeks of normal nominations. (I think one week, every girl was immune from eviction just because three girls had gone and no boys had).
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huge let down after BB14.

The housemates were as part of the power trip theme already media known.

I hated the app that let people who had it decide which HM would have power and I hated the whole idea of the power to begin with.
    The pass was the first in a long line of decisions that ruined the show for me.

Forget Helen was not a nice person,I found Ashleigh far worse for the show with her continual mimicking of the HM she became friends with and her terrible attitude which brought the show down to a miserable level of bitching,moaning and drama without much fun in the house.

Ashleigh and the whole steve/kim showmance thing were the worst of the show for me but it didnt stop there.
    I found the nomination process for that series was messed with too much and I cant recall seeing a week of normal straight forward nominations.
    The tasks were poor and the evictions were ruined by a massively negative crowd who often chanted throughout the interview.

Add to this the fact C5 pulled the plug on any sort of live feed and they made a complete mess of the psych show with judi james jumping the shark with the whole court thing and what you had was a complete disaster of a series.
    I was glad Helen won over Ashleigh but neither of them should have been final 2 yet the whole series was made to be the Ashleigh and Helen show so it was obvious that they would be saved to the end.
    It didnt help that the maj of this forum like BB12 ( aaron) had sided with a very sly sneaky and awful housemate ( ashleigh) and it became a vicious forum for anyone who dared to speak againest the forum favourite.
    Hope I never see a series like it again.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The awful housemates. Couldn't get rid of them all.
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) The Power Trip stuff
    2) The free pass to the final
    3) The housemates being able to vote Danielle out
    4) The three new housemates, boring and tedious creatures
    5) Hooker Helen winning.
  • Options
    JayUK69JayUK69 Posts: 1,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the show, even with a lot of the meddling from the production team. All I really disliked was Ashleigh and the whole power trip thing.

It will certainly be a memorable series in years to come, it doesn't matter if it was for the right or wrong reasons, it will still stand out.
  • Options
    Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just one thing which caused everything else bad in bb15

A pass to the final which could not be revoked.

This caused the power to be with the production team.
    BBs tag line is one winner you decide not so in Helen's case.

She was warned but nothing done so it was clear they didn't want Helen to be evicted.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The deliberate editing of Chris to make him look like a total perv vis a vis Ashleigh which in turn lead to the whole "Creepy Chris" edition of BOTS
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with ALL of this and would also add HELEN!!
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemis1 wrote: »
    Just one thing which caused everything else bad in bb15

A pass to the final which could not be revoked.

If the Killer Nom could be revoked why couldn't the Free Pass??
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    The first two weeks were okay (although the likeability of the housemates was already an issue), plus I was actually hoping that the pass to the final and killer nom weren't actually going to last all series. Typical that one of the few rules/guidelines they decide to stick to was a series-destroying one.

They'd handled the power thing okay until week 3 when they kept adding a twist on a twist on a twist on a twist..... The pathetic desperation to it came across like they didn't have a clue what they were doing.
    Then Armageddon week came where they decided to evict 2 housemates without any public vote and I was pretty much done.
    I've never intentionally missed so much of a BB series before like I did from that week onwards. I ended up watching about 2 highlight shows a week.
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    The deliberate editing of Chris to make him look like a total perv vis a vis Ashleigh which in turn lead to the whole "Creepy Chris" edition of BOTS

Yes, this as well
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    I am just curious as to why BB15 had such a terrible reception?

For me, this was the first series of BB I watched, and certainly for the first five weeks I thought it was great. Great launch night twists, good HMs (I may be in the minority here), I liked the power twist theme (at least in the first half), and I liked how the girls' feuds developed.

I thought the new HMs was a good opportunity to keep the series at a good momentum half way through but they were all a bit boring and it was the Armageddon week was where the series turned bad.

Evictions without the public vote was just ludicrous - we lost Danielle as a result :(

Then, the power trip theme just became stupid - we had a boring rehash of Week 3 in Week 7, which made it feel like e hasn't had normal noms for ages! Then we had the Power of Money and Powrr of Knowledge which were just stupid!
    To top it all off, they had a DREADFUL final week, with old HMs reentering, the producers CHOOSING Helen to be fake evicted and then her winning :(
    Way too many twists
    Way too many people up for eviction each week
    The overhype about Helen
    Crap HMs

Yep, that's pretty much everything
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing was when we did have a vote to evict Helen she wasn't evicted but by that time the cool kids had told their followers to vote for Helen so Ashleigh (the real winner of bb15 and not booed when she left the house.)wouldn't win.

Which begs the question.

How important are Twitter and Facebook in the choice of the winner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    If the Killer Nom could be revoked why couldn't the Free Pass??

Because the Killer Nom could have and were going to reinstate it after a week, whereas if they revoked Helen's pass, even just for a week, she may have been evicted, and then it would no longer be a pass to the final, would it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because the Killer Nom could have and were going to reinstate it after a week, whereas if they revoked Helen's pass, even just for a week, she may have been evicted, and then it would no longer be a pass to the final, would it?

I agree but the housemates have a code of conduct which over rides everything and if broken can result in removal from the house.

Big brother broke its own rules because after shown warnings and not shown warnings bb just ignored the rules and public opinion.