Options

Win10 install stuck on getting updates.

i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,297
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been trying to install Win10 for the pass few hours and I think I am hitting a problem.

I have got a blue box on screen with getting updates and under that it's says checking for updates but it's been stuck on this for the past 3 hours.

I can't click next as wont let me so is this normal or do I just leave laptop on for it to do what's it's doing?

Wish I didn't start it now as didn't know it would take this long.

Comments

• Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    This is via the media creation tool method?

I got stalled at that updates phase too, but only for about a half hour (where it seemed to do nothing). Then it did it all at once and rebooted. But that was on Day 1 (and frightfully early in the day).

The servers might actually be BUSIER now. A lot of people did it on Day 1 sure, but a lot waited until the following weekend.... so that would be now.... today. People starting the process on a Saturday assuming if they had to clean it up they had all day Sunday to do so. The servers are likely getting slammed extra hard now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    This is via the media creation tool method?

I got stalled at that updates phase too, but only for about a half hour (where it seemed to do nothing). Then it did it all at once and rebooted. But that was on Day 1 (and frightfully early in the day).

The servers might actually be BUSIER now. A lot of people did it on Day 1 sure, but a lot waited until the following weekend.... so that would be now.... today. People starting the process on a Saturday assuming if they had to clean it up they had all day Sunday to do so. The servers are likely getting slammed extra hard now.

Yes it was via the media creation tool method.

It's still going with the checking for updates so is it best to leave it on and let it get on with it?
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Can you tell if the PC is locked up/frozen maybe?

Does the Caps Lock for example turn on and off the little light it usually does (the location of that light can vary a lot on laptops though)?

I am assuming this is after that first reboot though when its running full screen right? It's not just still in a window?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    Can you tell if the PC is locked up/frozen maybe?

Does the Caps Lock for example turn on and off the little light it usually does (the location of that light can vary a lot on laptops though)?

I am assuming this is after that first reboot though when its running full screen right? It's not just still in a window?

The Caps lock works so no issue there.

I'm not sure if this could be a reason but I was going to sell the laptop so reset it back to factory settings but changed my mind.

So I set it up again and it has 136 updates to do but even these won't update so could that be the reason on why Win10 is stuck on updating?

All I have got is a blue box which is windows 10 set up.

So really I have got 2 problems with it at the moment.