DS Freezing

PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone else experiencing this ? For the last few days when I pop on here at work (don't tell) the forums keep freezing. Every thread, every sub forum all freeze when I try and load them. I have to refresh and quickly whiz down the page before the (I think) adverts load. I think it is the adverts that are causing the problems.

Alas I am unable to block the ads as its a work computer and I cant tamper with it.

Comments

• ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    ☕⁣⁣⁣⁣
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's becoming a pain in the neck, very off putting.
  • Logan FiveLogan Five Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happening here too. Glad it's not just my PC!
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a pain. But .... I had Google Chrome installed on my PC at work so i tried to log in with it - and its fine. Perfect. So, it seems to be Internet Explorer and DS that aren't happy bedfellows.

Edited to say, my theory is wrong. Chrome doesn't freeze AS much, but it still freezes.
  • Kay_PriceKay_Price Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    It's happening to me too, I thought the laptop had a virus :blush:

Also when I'm using Firefox and I click on a thread here, it will open, but only load the top half of the page and then the scroll bar disappears. Have to keep refreshing the page.

>:(
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    It is a pain. But .... I had Google Chrome installed on my PC at work so i tried to log in with it - and its fine. Perfect. So, it seems to be Internet Explorer and DS that aren't happy bedfellows.

Edited to say, my theory is wrong. Chrome doesn't freeze AS much, but it still freezes.

I use Chrome and I am getting a page freeze 7 times out of 10.

It is literally getting worse by the minute and I doubt it will be long before I cannot use the forums at all. I just had to refresh a page 5 times before I got a scroll bar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »

It is literally getting worse by the minute and I doubt it will be long before I cannot use the forums at all. I just had to refresh a page 5 times before I got a scroll bar.

Me too now .... the more I use it the worse its getting. We need a DS bod to look into it for us.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was my laptop. Not visiting here as much as i used too cos of it. No scroll bar and the ads aren't loading correctly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    logansdad wrote: »
    Thought it was my laptop. Not visiting here as much as i used too cos of it. No scroll bar and the ads aren't loading correctly.

Same here. Normally I pop on all the time in between jobs at work - but its very infrequently now as its very infuriating. I am on more today as .... well, im a little bored.
  • PolominiPolomini Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »

Same here - it's infuriating and I thought I was imagining it, but I'm obviously not.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting to the point it's unusable in mobile.
  • fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Same here. I get a scroll bar when the page starts loading then it disappears and I have to refresh the page up to 4 times to get it back. Sometimes it freezes completely after trying to load half a dozen pages. When there was the glitch that made it look peculiar last week, at least it loaded properly until things went back to normal.

Getting fed up of having to unlock through Task Manager and start again. Not worth the effort until they can bother to fix it.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running mobile layout on laptop as desktop layout is freezing badly. Whereas mobile layout on mobile has adverts over text at top.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    I thought it was my computer as have just done the Windows 10 upgrade and am using MS Edge. Have been cursing it - hadn't realised it was this site.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    I thought it was me! Still irritating but at least I am not alone!
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a techy expert but if you guys have switched to Windows 10 and Edge internet browser (the default browser on W10) then I don't think adblockers will work.......

To be fair I glean all my technical knowledge from the DS tech forum where people go to complain about things not working
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happening here too >:(
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought it was just my laptop!!! Agree with other fms....DS is becoming unusable. Very, very irritating!
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This page freezing has been happening for days. Everytime I refresh my page it freezes on the top half and I can't scroll down ! Then I get the notice ' Digital Spy is not responding '. Such a nuisance.
  • frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    Page not loading properly here too. I'm on Safari on a mac and it takes 2-3 refreshes before it loads properly. Been like it for a couple of days.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would not surprise me if "they" were testing anti- "ad-block" technology.
  • Skyler_WrightSkyler_Wright Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happening to me too.

Sort it out!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    Would not surprise me if "they" were testing anti- "ad-block" technology.

I think quite a few ad-blockers might be disabled if only static adverts were shown.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Enigmata wrote: »
    I thought it was my computer as have just done the Windows 10 upgrade and am using MS Edge. Have been cursing it - hadn't realised it was this site.
    Same here. Freezing pages, top ads displacing page and losing scroll bar. Also had upgraded today to Win 10 and thought it as due to this. Every other site I visited to test gave no problems whatsoever. Shame on DS for causing us all such aggro and worry>:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problems here at all, W7 and Firefox on laptop.