Options

Kelly and Alec vs John and Charlotte

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
Forum Member
✭✭
Until Sabrina's elimination this was probably the biggest shock in DWTS history - Kelly and Alec winning over John and Charlotte (and then getting the first perfect score for a dance with many visible mistakes). Even led to a danceoff, there were so many complaints (and John and Charlotte won the danceoff, proceeds going to charity).

So, my question is (videos are on Raph's site if anyone hasn't seen them yet), what did you think of this?

Comments

• Options
    * Becca ** Becca * Posts: 4,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John and Charlotte, all the way, by far! No contest.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    John should have won the first season - no question - he was simply brilliant all the way through - and MUCH better than Kelly all the way through
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D I agree. John and Charlotte are still one of my favourite DWTS couples ever.

Loved his after the paso doble thing "Now I have fought the bull...I file for unemployment."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus the fact that Charlotte is an absolute Goddess!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    * Becca * wrote: »
    Plus the fact that Charlotte is an absolute Goddess!

Charlotte is fabulous. Her foxtrot with Nick Kosovich is stunning.
  • Options
    Sari~Sari~ Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's possible that John should have won on his dance ability, but as we learned again this season, it's not just about that. Personally, I found John's attitude so off putting, and his mugging while dancing so annoying, I was thrilled when Kelly won. She was a very sweet, hard working girl, and his whining after he lost, and ruining her win was beyond poor sportsmanship. I liked his partner, but just couldn't stand to watch him dance because his mugging was so obnoxious. People complained about Joey Fatone last year, but I still think John is the champ of mug.
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just goes to show how viewers interpret things differently, and have different tastes. That's why there is always so much discussion about these shows! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlotte is fabulous. Her foxtrot with Nick Kosovich is stunning.

Her Foxtrot with Andrew Sinkinson was just another world altogether . . . there MUST be a clip online somewhere!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her Foxtrot with Andrew Sinkinson was just another world altogether . . . there MUST be a clip online somewhere!

Found it on YouTube :) Not the best quality vid, but what a beautiful performance!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=c0K838NZvY0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I love most about Andrew is his raw emotion . . . he feels so much for dance and he's not afraid to show it. I think that is such a beautiful thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I love most about Andrew is his raw emotion . . . he feels so much for dance and he's not afraid to show it. I think that is such a beautiful thing.

That's one thing I really love about certain dancers, the way you can feel the emotion of the dance just pouring off them, the love of dancing. It really is a beautiful thing to watch.