Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peaches41 wrote: »
    Lloyd was right when he said, "Have you tried the hospital?" when Steve was looking for Becky. Anyone having a miscarriage at 12 weeks would WANT to go to the hospital.

Or even the flippin doctors' which is just around the corner!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barkston wrote: »
    I don't want to get too technical here, because I don't think a thread like this is the right place to be discussing the intimate details of miscarriages, but at 12 weeks a miscarriage is very obvious.

On the other hand Becky would have been in excruciating pain preceding the m/c and there is zero chance she would have been out on the town in skintight leggings and drunkenly trying to initiate sex with her husband later that night.

You're correct.

My mum had a miscarriage at 12 weeks and she was on the toilet flushing her 12 week old baby out throughout the night. The blood loss also made her incredibly weak (so weak, in fact, that she fainted at the hospital right after we got her there).

There's no way Becky would have been able to walk around, drink and go out on the town. Very unrealistic and even offensive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tjbantam wrote: »
    If Gail gets sent down, can they please arrange it so that she refuses all visitors, especially camera, sound and lighting crew? ;)
    :D We can live in hope
  • Options
    billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely any lawyer could stop Gail going down ...?

re the bar, why not open it as a a restaurant, even a bring your own bistro so they don't have stocks of booze to tempt Peter? or another business ... I was going to suggest a yoga centre but doesn't it have trains running overhead? A beauty centre so they can top up their tans?
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rewinding a bit (I've just got back from holiday so still ctaching up). Sunita says she will be glad when the twins can have rooms of there own. Why can't they now???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Surely any mobile phone would float?:confused:

Errr no they don't!!!..but if you're still in doubt go and chuck yours in the nearest watering hole and see for yourself! ;)
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Di Hi wrote: »
    Errr no they don't!!!..but if you're still in doubt go and chuck yours in the nearest watering hole and see for yourself! ;)
    How do you know? Have you tried it yourself?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you know? Have you tried it yourself?

My daughter dropped hers in the toilet.......it didn't float.:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gold_Fish wrote: »
    There's no way Becky would have been able to walk around, drink and go out on the town. Very unrealistic and even offensive.

I agree.

Why can't soaps get their medical facts right when they do these kind of stories?

Sally's cancer story was just as bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Rewinding a bit (I've just got back from holiday so still ctaching up). Sunita says she will be glad when the twins can have rooms of there own. Why can't they now???

Maybe the two aunts had a room each, so if it's a 4-bedroom house the twins would have had to share.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    My daughter dropped hers in the toilet.......it didn't float.:mad:

She needs more fibre in her diet.:p
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.

Why can't soaps get their medical facts right when they do these kind of stories?

Sally's cancer story was just as bad.

Sally who!?:p she seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth since developing, having treatment for, and being cured of cancer (all in the space of a fortnight).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs more fibre in her diet.:p

I was waiting for a comment like that. :D:D:D
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Sally who!?:p she seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth since developing, having treatment for, and being cured of cancer (all in the space of a fortnight).

If I get cancer I want to be treated in Weatherfield!
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally's troubles are not over yet.....I read somewhere on the net that Sophie Webster is to have a lesbian encounter with Ryan's girlfriend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm beginning to think she must have been abducted by aliens!:D
    sarahcs wrote: »

Same here.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    I was waiting for a comment like that. :D:D:D

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Sally's troubles are not over yet.....I read somewhere on the net that Sophie Webster is to have a lesbian encounter with Ryan's girlfriend.

I was hoping they were going to drop that idea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Where is Sally anyway ? She still sleeping after her chips..She be getting intergestion next..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No sign of Kevin either - or Rosie.:confused:

Has Sophie been left 'home alone'?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    VanillaPod wrote: »
    Remember someone complained on here a couple of weeks ago about the police saying "Lake Windermere" when it's just called "Windermere"? And then someone said they wondered whether the writers read this board? On Monday Jason told someone they'd just got back from "Windermere". :D

(Yes, I know that they shoot about six weeks in advance, but it did make me smile)

I started off the "Lake Windermere" thing, and yes I did notice that Jason got it right. Made me smile too! :D
  • Options
    Mystery ManMystery Man Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quote: I have just inspected my puffa coat to see if it would reverse, but I think people would just say Oi, luv, you've got your coat on inside out.

Well she's had her chin on back to front for 40 years, so that might not mean much :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    billio wrote: »
    Surely any lawyer could stop Gail going down ...?QUOTE]

Would any lawyer WANT Gail to go down, is the more pertinent question ;-)

And do you think they'll follow up the Sophie/Sian story with some Tracy/Gail lezzy action? After all, Tracy has been locked up for a few years now, and we all now what she was like before she was incarcerated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final point ( I really sohuld read the whole thread before putting my two-penny worth:

I would have thought a phone might float for a few seconds until any air inside escaped then sink like a stone. And they did only show it for a brief moment after he threw it in. And no I'm not going to try it out with my own phone to see.
  • Options
    TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahcs wrote: »

Ah, the old postcode healthcare lottery.
This discussion has been closed.