Options

So - Any DS teenagers planning to watch Question Time on BBC3 tonight?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he doesn't at some point turn to the audience at say to them "People" as he speaks to them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 19 and I watch "proper" Question Time so I don't feel I need to be patronised by some kiddy version of it. Dermot O'Leary said himself yesterday in an interview that kids never watch anything that is deliberately aimed at their age group! So why's he doing this?! Urgh ...

Do you watch Question Time?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,741
    Forum Member
    If there is no voting on the show I ain't watching
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    "Your Question Time starts RIGHT HERE!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,741
    Forum Member
    I wonder if we will see the politicos wandering about the studio with "madonna" microphone sans jacket and tie with their sleeves rolled up?

"I am young like you and I mean bidness!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    My thirteen year old brother saw an advert for it and said "Well that looks patronising"...
    I'm sixteen and I watch the regular Question Time and I really don't see that there's a need for a show aimed at eighteen year olds... Plus I can't stand Dermot O'Leary.
  • Options
    Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate it when as soon as programme makers try to make 'yoof' versions of programmes, they always seem to dumb down the music and titles thinking it's 'hip' and thinking were not intelligent enough. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TalbertTalbert Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't relate to David Dimbleby

but I do wit Dermot O'Leary coz he's not old man boi

hopefully its followed by coming of age....

dumbed down but bettter than watching INGURLAND lose
  • Options
    DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,251
    Forum Member
    Why would anyone want to watch a programme that patronizes them?
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    I actually thought Dermot did well.

Not a bad programme either, it came across that the young audience were very interested in politics and issues - but not in the traditional 3 party system.

Funniest bit was Jeremy Hunt getting crossed up during the debate about the future of the BBC and getting hauled over the coals for it. Then a lad in the audience said the Beeb should be privatises and the audience collectively booed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a friend in the audience, and that's the only reason I watched, she looked bored.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 18, and today at 6th Form they made us watch it during Citizenship. :p
  • Options
    Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RocaBoi18 wrote: »
    I'm 18, and today at 6th Form they made us watch it during Citizenship. :p

I hope it wasn't too torturous for you lol
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huh.. This was basically Question Time with a young audience. I didn't think a first time voter would have learnt anything, it was just a bit of debate. How the hell anyone can call that patronising I don't know

The % of 18 year olds who could have followed most of that are fairly small, I was expecting more 'What would be the differences for young people with each party?' and 'What does Chancellor of the Exchequer mean' and so on

I'm not voting because I would need to revise for a month to have an opinion.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I am 19 and watched this programme.

All I learnt that all three major parties are represented by egotystical idiots who care more about 'out-doing' their opponents than actually doing what is best for the people.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    To make sure that the youngsters in the audience understood, did the politicians say 'you know what I mean?' at the end of every sentance?
  • Options
    TalbertTalbert Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    To make sure that the youngsters in the audience understood, did the politicians say 'you know what I mean?' at the end of every sentance?

yes Dave Lammy donned a tracksuit and Julia Goldsworthy was showing off her electronic tag....

seriously what was the point in Jamelia she added nothing to the debate....

200,000 people watched it.... was this good or bad?
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talbert wrote: »

Jamelia has her knockers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Sammy2 wrote: »
    Huh.. This was basically Question Time with a young audience. I didn't think a first time voter would have learnt anything, it was just a bit of debate. How the hell anyone can call that patronising I don't know

The % of 18 year olds who could have followed most of that are fairly small, I was expecting more 'What would be the differences for young people with each party?' and 'What does Chancellor of the Exchequer mean' and so on

I'm not voting because I would need to revise for a month to have an opinion.

Wow - 18 years olds really need this stuff clarifying?! :rolleyes: That's not exactly encouraging in the run up to a general election! Most people I know were aware of 'facts' like that at age 10! :eek:
  • Options
    phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talbert wrote: »

?

I ask the same question every time I see her on quiz shows and always get the same answer

"She's got great tits though..."
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    I am 19 and watched this programme.

All I learnt that all three major parties are represented by egotystical idiots who care more about 'out-doing' their opponents than actually doing what is best for the people.

You learnt something useful then ;)
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pigfarts wrote: »
    My thirteen year old brother saw an advert for it and said "Well that looks patronising"...
    I'm sixteen and I watch the regular Question Time and I really don't see that there's a need for a show aimed at eighteen year olds... Plus I can't stand Dermot O'Leary.

Funny, my 13 year old daughter more or less said the same thing. If there is a half-term, she would stay up to watch the adult QT and I watch her getting more and more aggitated by some ministers answers (about education and the Iraqi/Afghan invasion). She won't be watching the childrens version of QT as 'she's not stupid' (her words, not mine)
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

Innit!;)