Forum Member
✭✭✭
You both have such charisma.

And I enjoyed your skating very much.

Comments

• MarySMaryS Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes,thank -you Mikey & Mel :) It's been great ,such a shame it had to end but they did themselves proud.Mikey is so lovely,he has a great personality & i'm going to miss him so much.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I enjoyed this couple, particularly in the early weeks.

Mikey has been my favourite 'personality' if you like. Such a nice guy, funny too, and I could listen to his Irish accent all day!

It was his time to go though.
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    It was his time to go though.
    Definitely.

I'm glad he bowed out at the right time. :) Nice guy, but he'd reached his limit.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't really know much about him beforehand. Am not really a Boyzone fan and he was always lower profile than the others.

He is such a nice guy and a shame that he didn't quite live up to his early promise. I hope he relaxes on the tour like he seemed to in the skate off. We could see some good performances from him, although he won't challenge the top guys.

Mel was as lovely as always. Thought they had a lovely partnership. Mel knew Stephen quite well also from his time on DOI so that will have been nice for him.

Hope Mikey enjoys some quality time with his family in Ireland before the tour - must have been hard for him being away from home in the last few Months.
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »
    Definitely.

I'm glad he bowed out at the right time. :) Nice guy, but he'd reached his limit.

Why can't you just let it be?

You pick out one semi negative comment and broaden it. Just give it a rest. I'm actually glad he's gone so he doesn't get so much abuse on here when he's done nothing to warrent it.

Thank you Mikey & Mel for bringing a bit of smiles to the series, really enjoyed the partnership.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to add that Mikey had the warmest, most charming smile that never failed to light up our living room :)

I'll miss him. And since Flo left, Mel is my favourite female pro so I'm sad to see her go too.
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved watching Mikey, even in his poorer performances. He and Mel were a lovely partnership. I thought he gave a lovely farewell speech, especially the thanks to Stephen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad to see them both go tonight, that skate-off was a close call. I really enjoyed watching them both every week, fantastic personalities! And Mel's spin in their routine tonight was incredible!
    Looking forward to seeing them on tour!
  • Joanne yyJoanne yy Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will miss Mikey and Mel. I like Daniella, but I thought Mikey and Mel skated much better in the skate off, I really enjoyed their performance !
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mikey...A really nice chap:)
  • VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suprised he never gave any appreciation to mel.
  • nemesisisnemesisis Posts: 6,174
    Forum Member
    ah bless mikey and mel I will miss them
    and mel's spin was a real treat
    and the fact that Jason voted for mikey speaks volumes as he's always been a bit negative to him
    it was a really close skate off tonight but on balance a fair result
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vientre wrote: »
    Suprised he never gave any appreciation to mel.

I'm sure that was just an oversight in the heat of the moment. They seem to have a great relationship.