Options

The Eamonn Holmes appreciation thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and the other two didn't even react to it. Eamonn looked like he really couldn't be bothered with the show today, he just looked so bored and fed up with it all (except when talking about the war movies and action toys etc.) and didn't bother to hide the fact. Having done a complete 360 on my feelings about Eamonn over the last few years, that kind of honesty is now what I like so much about him!
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    anybody else hear him refer to Holly as Willoughbooby on this morning during the soap talk?:D

Yep, tripped off the tongue, that did! :D
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Go and start your own thread. This is an appreciation thread.

Eamonn is entitled to his opinion and is not afraid to say so.

You're right... and he's judged on that. Continually.

If you want to appreciate such an odious individual that's entirely your prerogative. But I'm entitled to my opinion too.

And I'm not afraid to say so either.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and the other two didn't even react to it. Eamonn looked like he really couldn't be bothered with the show today, he just looked so bored and fed up with it all (except when talking about the war movies and action toys etc.) and didn't bother to hide the fact. Having done a complete 360 on my feelings about Eamonn over the last few years, that kind of honesty is now what I like so much about him!

This is why I like it when Eamonn is on during Dancing on Ice, because he can barely hide his contempt for it. It's obvious that he thinks it's a load of old shit, and it makes such a refreshing chance from smug, self indulgent Schofield who talks about his "other show" like its the most important thing in the world.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    hardylane wrote: »

If you want to appreciate such an odious individual that's entirely your prerogative. But I'm entitled to my opinion too.

Yes but as what has already been mentioned this is an Appreciation thread.
    If you have such strong opinions against Eamonn Holmes, why not start a thread about them?
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like yesterday a woman (can't remember her name) was making Halloween sweets. She asked Eamonn if he'd like to try making some - "No I wouldn't, but I'd like to eat some." :D:D
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like yesterday a woman (can't remember her name) was making Halloween sweets. She asked Eamonn if he'd like to try making some - "No I wouldn't, but I'd like to eat some." :D:D

Ha yeah, I was going to mention that too. She (it was Lisa Faulkner) actually asked him twice to help with some of the baking and he point blank refused both times, where as Philip would have jumped at the chance to show off his doubtless brilliant culinary skills. I think we can guess who does all the cooking in the Holmes household!

And his face was a picture when the science woman mentioned nappies and sanitary towels this morning, he looked so disgusted by just the thought of such things. :D
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eamonn Holmes who thought an actress was a lesbian because she came from the Lebanon. Didn't he famously hide behind his (much smaller) co-presenter when some demonstrators invaded the lottery studio ? What a man.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read that eamonn is staying at sky and not going to daybreak.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but as what has already been mentioned this is an Appreciation thread.
    If you have such strong opinions against Eamonn Holmes, why not start a thread about them?

I REALLY don't care what "kind" of thread it is...

If I started an "I love Nigel Farage" thread (which I do NOT, BTW)... I would expect nor demand a continuous torrent of praise for him.

If you want a Holmes fan club, make it private and invite people. Don't expect me to stay silent when I see people praising such a complete anti-social prick in a public forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yay, good news. No chance of seeing his crap.
  • Options
    tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Artish? Joshi mentioned it on Sky this morning. i'm glad he's staying too i like him Charlotte & Jacqui.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank goodness he's not going to lower himself. He's so much better than Daybreak!
  • Options
    sheila_psheila_p Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I REALLY don't care what "kind" of thread it is...

If I started an "I love Nigel Farage" thread (which I do NOT, BTW)... I would expect nor demand a continuous torrent of praise for him.

If you want a Holmes fan club, make it private and invite people. Don't expect me to stay silent when I see people praising such a complete anti-social prick in a public forum.

Over the years, I have understood that Appreciaton threads are exactly that.

Anyone who didn't appreciate, people, in this case Eamonn Holmes, should start another thread.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Love him and Ruth, much better than other morning presenters
  • Options
    SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Love Eamonn too,never used to but he's grown on me and I honestly think he's lovely.Not sure about Ruth though,she comes across nice but theres something amiss,cant put my finger on it
  • Options
    Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    On celeb juice right one ITV2!
  • Options
    Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just switched on to hear Eamonn complaining that Ruth wont let him lick her like the dog does:eek: does he not realize this is daytime telly? he needs Ruth to put him in his place & stop letting him act like a immature school boy with his smutty innuendos

sorry to butt in on your appreciation thread but my wife wouldnt let me treat her like that on live tv ;)
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like you. :)