Options

Fresh Meat series 3

Comments

• Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoy Fresh Meat, it's one of the few things I make a point of watching - but they do seem to lack any overall plan for where they're going. It just seems to be improvised every week. First Sam liked Howard, then JP and then Kingsley. They spend two series getting Kingsley and Josie together and then seem to want to split them up. It all seems a little erratic.

But they're students. They're shambolic and idiotic.
  • Options
    Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they're students. They're shambolic and idiotic.

Yes, but the writers and production team are not.
  • Options
    candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but the writers and production team are not.

Yes, but they're telling the stories of erratic students. That's how their lives are.
  • Options
    amberprincessamberprincess Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    They've shown JP's parents and Vod's mum, might make Josie more "likeable" if they showed her family maybe?

Also what's with the boys next door? I thought it was going to be revealed that they were all gay and Josie would end up looking silly, but dunno what's the plot with them....

I think JP and Oregon will get together. Always thought that and even more so after Glen questioned JP about sleeping with her.

What was with Howard fighting with the Scottish lad outside the library? Thought they'd become friends but nothing happened.

Random thoughts....
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've shown JP's parents and Vod's mum, might make Josie more "likeable" if they showed her family maybe?

Also what's with the boys next door? I thought it was going to be revealed that they were all gay and Josie would end up looking silly, but dunno what's the plot with them....

I think JP and Oregon will get together. Always thought that and even more so after Glen questioned JP about sleeping with her.

What was with Howard fighting with the Scottish lad outside the library? Thought they'd become friends but nothing happened.

Random thoughts....

That boys next door thing was weird. No all-male student house has a strict housework rota like that :D
  • Options
    Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Yes, but they're telling the stories of erratic students. That's how their lives are.

Well maybe it's a deliberate plan to make it like this - but it just looks pretty shambolic and disorganised to me.
  • Options
    thecharmingmanthecharmingman Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoy Fresh Meat, it's one of the few things I make a point of watching - but they do seem to lack any overall plan for where they're going. It just seems to be improvised every week. First Sam liked Howard, then JP and then Kingsley. They spend two series getting Kingsley and Josie together and then seem to want to split them up. It all seems a little erratic.

I actually think this gives it a more realistic feel. In real life people don't normally get together and stay together forever (especially at 20 years old). They sort of screw around and are not really sure what they want.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think this gives it a more realistic feel. In real life people don't normally get together and stay together forever (especially at 20 years old). They sort of screw around and are not really sure what they want.

Yes, but people don't get together with 3 people who are mates with each other
  • Options
    abbieuniqueabbieunique Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like the last ep is gonna be online:(
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Good god! has anyone seen ep7 yet? What a load of utter shit. The worst episode ever. Ridiculous caricatures of the characters.
    JP is now homicidal with serious intent to murder.
    Strange, man-bots move in next door.
    Contrived delay of the the Candice/ Howard romance.
    Awful.
    The only good things were cameos from Sabine and Heather.
    Truly dreadful. Why are they ruining one of my favourite shows?

I found it to be one of my favourite episodes of the show so far...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    last episode (just seen it on 4od) was so good. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it was just brilliant. The way they portray the ups and downs of that time of your life is so well done. I loved the scene with Josie and Kingsley was a stand-out moment and I loved Howard and Candice, very funny and sweet. Vod and Oregon too. And JP cleaning, spectacularly funny.
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lisa_joli wrote: »
    last episode (just seen it on 4od) was so good. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it was just brilliant. The way they portray the ups and downs of that time of your life is so well done. I loved the scene with Josie and Kingsley was a stand-out moment and I loved Howard and Candice, very funny and sweet. Vod and Oregon too. And JP cleaning, spectacularly funny.

Why?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Ah, the bit where Josie and Kingsley have 'that' conversation towards the end, it brought back memories of a similar break up at about that age! (I'm in my mid-40s now but I still remember how sad it was!)
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to feel for Kinsley. He gets himself into scrapes with women doesn't he? You had to feel sorry for him in the triangle of crazy women.

Howard again finds a way to snatch defeat from the joys of victory women wise.
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    most recent episode on channel four was one of the best episodes in my opinion
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    The final episode on 4OD was brilliant. Obviously Josie and JP should be together. A much better match than Kingsley and Josie. I hope they do another series.
  • Options
    DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way this show has grown, the characters are starting develop and flesh out a bit and the writing has moved on with the characters.

We need more Sabine though, a foil to the more chaotic personalities and she balances out the group dynamics.
  • Options
    amberprincessamberprincess Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Amazing last episode!!
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I felt that as things went on.

I thought they should have just stuck to the JP and Howard scenario with Sam and then leave Kingsley to his Josie and Heather issue (thugh not for too long as that was tedious enough).

I like how Fresh meat can still find the comedy in some of its usually straight face talking points but sometimes I felt as this series went on that the comedy was left out abit too much, like in Vod's epsiode with her mum. Usually in FM I'm laughing 90% amidst all the different moods of the characters in and out of their random scenarios but this felt more like a 60% amount this time. I still liked the series overall but I felt that their wasn't as much direction with some of the character's path this series. I liked Sam when she first came in, thought she might make a better more thoughful person out of JP and reduce the sometimes tw*t in him (after she showed an interest for him after the wedding and at the quiz) but she wasn't used to be the best purpose for me (by the writers) either.

I've seen the last episode and from how things were left there would like one more series at least, but want to be giggling as much as when I did in the first two series.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The high point of series 3 for me was in episode 1. The scene where they're all in the bedroom and Josie/Kingsley are humping. :D Everyone's interaction was just hilarious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I thought Joe Thomas was fantastic in the final episode
  • Options
    LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Josie and Kingsley storyline is getting more and more tedious...
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the final episode of the series. As so often it was both funny and touching. Josie and Kingsley realising that they were just clinging to the relationship for the sake of it will be familiar to many of us I suspect.