• jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Starving Games - Very Silly/10
    :D
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Invasion of The Body Snatchers 1978..10/10 ..brilliant phychological spooky scary film.... remake of the 50s sci-fi classic ..paticually the " Mud bath salon scene" when Jeff Goldblums nose bleeds !..the tension builds throughout !
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    The Lifeguard (2013) 6/10
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last week

Source Code (2011) 6
    The Dog Who Saved Easter (2014) 4
    FairyTale: A True Story (1997) 6
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last week

Source Code (2011) 6

^^ Love that film! Jake Gyllenhaal is always good money - brilliant actor! I'd go gay for him..... :o;-) Its not Duncan Jone's bets film though, you should watch 'Moon' (if you haven't already) which is better imo.
    jenzie wrote: »
    the Starving Games - Very Silly/10
    :D

^^ Haha! You should watch 'The Hungover Games'...........

What I've watched recently:

The Girl
    Despite his misgivings and strange nature, Hitchcock is one of me favourite directors so I had to see this. Toby Jones brings the dude to life perfectly, but its Sienna Miller who steals the show and is just amazing in it portraying Tippi Hedren (I’m sure that’s a shampoo……?!). Its hard to make up your mind as to what you believe is true regarding the accusations, but the [TV] film is put together pretty well and captures the elements that made Hitchcock so famous and elements of the time. Looks and feels good and the two leads are very good. 8/10.

Locke
    Me boy Tom Hardy driving a car down an English motorway whilst he fields calls on his mobile phone and his life crumbles around him. This sounds unbelievably shite and could even be an extended ad for BMW…., but in all honesty, it is bloody brilliant! Best film of the year (so far) for me and best film I have seen since ‘Rush’ last year! Tom Hardy is the only character you see on screen (besides a lorry driver at the beginning) and the rest of the characters are only hear their voices but Hardy manages to be captivating and draws you into his predicament. The way it is made also makes it feel real-time and tense and shooting it at night with limited light gives it an amazing atmosphere. The story is more straightforward than trailers or the praise the film gets would have you believe, but it’s the execution of the story and the acting that make it a brilliant film - a master class in less-is-more cinema. Tom Hardy could act out the phonebook and it would be a performance like no other. Cracking film – anyone here who likes good acting and stories and who likes to use their brains at the cinema should see this. There’s worse ways to spend 85 minutes than riding shotgun with Hardy….. 9/10.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have seen Moon I liked it way more than 2001 also.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    StreetDance 2 [2012]. Directors: Max & Dania

4/10

Breakdancers can't act and neither can Tom Conti in this mess.
  • BarnacleHead12BarnacleHead12 Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Dark Skies

Bad points:
    Rips off Insidious
    Was clearly made with a sequel in mind
    American child actors are usually pretty good and that’s essential for the horror industry because so many of them go for the ‘creepy kid’ route. The younger child actor in this is very bad. Just puts on a kicked puppy face all the time. Lets it down, I think.
    Clichés galore: the child with his back to us as the camera moves towards him, waking up to find bruises, sceptical husband-open-minded wife combo, child drawing creepy pictures, visit to an expert.

Good points:
    Some really jumpy bits
    A likeable family to root for
    Some (unintentionally) hilarious moments
    Very watchable, never dull.
    Atmospheric and creepy
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Call.

Enjoyed it, decent enough. Lost the novelty once it was outside of the car and a few cliched parts but intriguing and a little different. 7/10
  • Esot-ericEsot-eric Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't usually get a lot of time to watch films (too many TV shows to watch), but in the last week or so i've managed to squeeze a few in.

Bank$tas (2014) - Absolutely terrible. Boring and predictable. The only character i found amusing was the kinky secretary, and even she wasn't that funny.

God Bless America (2011) - Loved it. Laughed a whole lot and i must admit to vicarious thrills at reality stars and repugnant religious figures taking a bullet in the head.:D

Revenge of the Nerds (1984) - I'm sure i've seen this many years ago and probably enjoyed it a whole lot more then, but this film hasn't aged well at all. I don't think i even cracked a smile during it.

Adventures in Babysitting (1987) - I'm usually a sucker for a good 80s romp (RotN-excepted), and i wasn't disappointed with this one.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight...Stargate....love this film; the film score, the sets, the plot, the characters, the pace.

Don't understand why there was never a sequel to this!
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    notin wrote: »
    Tonight...Stargate....love this film; the film score, the sets, the plot, the characters, the pace.

Don't understand why there was never a sequel to this!

guess you missed all those TV series :D

also TheManInWhite, i watched that a few pages back ^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Color of Night [1994]. Director: Richard Rush

5/10

Notoriously bad Bruce Willis film that's so silly it's fun.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The Call - 7/10
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Lifeguard (2013) 6/10

I saw this the other night and it was a bit different to what I thought and much better 7/10
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Dawn of the Dead (remake - 2004-ish)

I saw this on youtube and rewatched it for the first time since it's original cinematic release. It's one of the better zombie movies out there. Whereas others such as the Resident Evil series delve into the origins of the infection and the efforts made to combat it and develop a cure this movie makes no headway into that at all, nor does it try to. People simply start becoming zombies when they die and the movie follows one group's efforts to survive with no real salvation possible, just survival for it's own sake in the short term.

7/10
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Man Who Copied (O Homem Que Copiava) (2003) 8/10
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pompeii - 4/10
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,162
    Forum Member
    Letter from an Unknown Woman (1948) - 8/10
  • MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 372,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Return Of Jafar (1994) - 3/10. This film proves why Disney shouldn't make sequels and in worst cases scenarios prequels!
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,024
    Forum Member
    Pompeii 5/10

Suffers fromt he same thing thats wrong with other 12A films recently like Robocop the fighting and violence appear comedic.
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    9 Songs that infamous film of gig footage interspersed with a couple having sex, total rubbish.
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyrannosaur - 8/10, good film and outstanding acting from the lead characters, hard to watch at times though.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit - even with its 1hr30min(ish) run time it felt very padded - watch the 4th Bourne movie instead :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Dictator [2012]. Director: Larry Charles

7/10

Plenty to snigger at from Sacha Baron Cohen.

Cria Cuervos [1976]. Director: Carlos Saura

7/10

An 8 year old girl copes with the death of her fascist father (filmed as Franco was dying).

Cornered [1945]

7/10

Quite gritty film noir with a convoluted plot.
This discussion has been closed.