premier league thread

Comments

• lylinalylina Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Yeah PayPal is definitely the way to go. Not sure you can use it on plp though.
  • jcm193jcm193 Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that they have the right to cancel your sub but i don`t think they so should to keep your money too out of order in my opinion
  • ChrysalisChrysalis Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smash41 wrote: »
    PLP support staff are starting to annoy me. They keep closing my support ticket without replying. I will instigate a charge back with my CC company.

I got my chargeback form today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clewsy wrote: »
    Does the card protection cover you for overseas transactions? I think the consumer credit act your quoting is a UK only law and fraud is the law you need for international refunds ..which this isn't. They do check transactions before refunding you know.

every card is protected against fraud and unauthorised transactions, I didnt authorise my transaction unless I receive the service I paid for.

I expect for long term reliable card customers chargeback's will be authorised to maintain a good relationship. PLP will then be free to persue the outstanding debt (if they feel its debt) with the person who signed up to plp, thats not the card issuer's responsibility.

paypal would have been worse as anything outside of ebay it has pretty much no protection unless of course the payment was sourced from a credit card.
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcm193 wrote: »
    I understand that they have the right to cancel your sub but i don`t think they so should to keep your money too out of order in my opinion

I disagree with that because it's a case of buyer beware from the off. Spending money on something you know you're not meant to be receiving will always carry risks. I imagine from a legal standpoint, the end user doesn't have a leg to stand on with regard to getting a penny refunded to them considering the methods they have to use in order to trick the system so to speak.

If you were based in NZ and wanted a refund because of a service fault then I'm sure PLP would be happy to provide it but why should they or any company offer a refund to somebody the other side of the world when they shouldn't have been using the service in the first place?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Edit - Ignore.
  • clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a contract though that you entered into which as a result of you being found to be using the service in the breach of this agreement, your forfeit your rights and hence would lose your payment.

The card protection is under the consumer credit act. This is a UK law so doesn't cover overseas. Your right the law also covers fraud protection, however this isn't the case here. If anything your guilty of defrauding the rights owners for the UK EPL. You may have the forms but your card company will no doubt check this through their systems and I would assume refuse payment in the long term.

Clearly it's a risk buying overseas subscriptions, hence the old AJ trick of monthly subs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    The credit card company will definitely allow the charge back.

I'd swear some of the posts here are by the epl themselves.

Violating terms and conditions is not illegal. Plp have the right to terminate the contract but certainly not keep the money. They haven't delivered the service that was paid for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indeed in addition they will have a fee to pay for the chargeback.
  • jcm193jcm193 Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what i thought circumventing geoblocking restrictions is not llegal if it was how could the likes of overplay run there business, its not like there premier league coverage is a tangible product and your refusing to return it

PLP are out order and are holding onto money they have no right to
    dubrov1 wrote: »

Violating terms and conditions is not illegal. Plp have the right to terminate the contract but certainly not keep the money. They haven't delivered the service that was paid for.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it illegal for PLP to hold funds when they aren't providing a service?
    Always best to go by the pay monthly option for any service if you can, i hope everyone who got their plp accounts suspended gets a refund of some sort.
    End of the day in a way PLP are actually stealing aren't they if they don't issue refunds?
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They haven't delivered the service that was paid for because it's a service you're not entitled to. Do you know the Ts&Cs regarding the use of the website? If it's anything like Netflix, they explicitly state
    We may terminate or restrict your use of our service, without compensation or notice if you are, or if we suspect that you are (i) in violation of any of these Terms of Use or (ii) engaged in illegal or improper use of the service.

If PLP explicitly state it then there's zero chance of a refund but even if they don't, I'd still say it was a long shot considering everybody using it has gone to the time of changing DNS etc in order to bypass the geo-block so nobody can just say they stumbled across it and now it's not working.
  • arteseaartesea Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    From the T&Cs
    1. Access to the Subscription Products

Access to the Subscription Products is limited to residents of, or users located in, New Zealand/Philippines/Taiwan.

You must not access the Subscription Products outside these territories.

We have complete discretion to determine whether the requirements for access by residents of the above territories have been satisfied. If for any reason we conclude that you do not meet the requirements, we may block your access outside of New Zealand/Philippines/Taiwan or cancel your subscription.

4. Term of Subscription Products and Refunds
    The only situations in which a refund will be made are if we terminate your subscription or you have elected to pay for the Season Pass Package in monthly instalments, and have cancelled that subscription within 5 working days of its commencement. Other than in those circumstances, but subject to the relevant territory’s consumer law, no refunds will be made. Elaborating on this:
    If you have purchased a Season Pass, Visitor’s Pass or Gift Pass and your access to that Subscription Product is cancelled by us at any time, we will make a reasonable effort to refund to the payment method (e.g., to your credit card) you used to subscribe to such Subscription Product a prorated amount equal to the total amount you paid for access to the Subscription Product in the current term of your subscription times the fraction of the term of your subscription that remains on the date of termination, except if we allege that you have violated the Terms of Use, in which case you will not be eligible for a refund.

These are the terms we all agreed to when taking a risk with the service.
    Forum Member
    anyone getting "error" msg on beinsports?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have BeIN working with Overplay?? I get Geoblocked error when on Egypt server....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lylina wrote: »
    anyone getting "error" msg on beinsports?

Yeah getting it here using unotelly.
    I think the BEIN online service is down as friend on xfinity in states getting error too.
    Forum Member
    android app works fine though. mistery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    on a legal level the t&c's arent ever validated as the contract is only legal if signing up from an appropriate place of residence. so the no refund doesnt apply and they at blame for not securing their sales enough to prevent invalid contracts from been initiated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Terms and conditions do not allow a company to override consumer law. They can put what they like in their terms and conditions but that doesn't mean it is legally enforceable
    Forum Member
    Akki, are you getting that error too with ur VPN?
  • spwplaysspwplays Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    A lot of credit cards will instantly refund your money when asking for a chargeback, then investigate what happened.
    PLP are going to have a hard time arguing they should get their money when they are the ones cancelling the contract, even if its not "their" fault its ending theyre refusing to provide the service paid for and shouldnt be able to take money for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I just tried beartunnel vpn getting same error.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All good here on Bein MENA and bein USA via Comcast!! Vpn....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    akki007 wrote: »
    All good here on Bein MENA and bein USA via Comcast!! Vpn....

Bein USA is top notch quality too. Must be because you lot have been kicked off! Ha ha
  • clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terms and conditions do not allow a company to override consumer law. They can put what they like in their terms and conditions but that doesn't mean it is legally enforceable

Who's consumer law? We are covered in the UK and EU under the SOGA and European Consumer Law, as well as the consumer credit act and many other laws... however most "civil" laws are only enforceable if your in that country when making the purchase. So in effect you will be covered by NZ consumer law - better get on the case and see what they are.

That contract is fairly standing and by agreeing to the terms of that you have 2 consenting parties. They are technically allowing access so long as you can prove you are a resident of the area they serve. You agreed to these terms.

As for being from the EPL, what a load of rubbish. Like most people who have observed these systems for years, the risk of blockage and losing funds always needs to be considered. Its not rocket science as a bit of research into AJ last season would have shown what can happen.