Options

One Direction release free track

twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
Forum Member
✭✭
New song released for free (Fireproof) and album called '4' released in November and already top 4 in pre orders in over 70 countries.

Link to new song and very different sound again from them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMWjVdPHGgM

Comments

• Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thx, twingle. love the laid-back, effortless vibe.. :D :kitty:
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this doing in the music section?:confused:
  • Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    What is this doing in the music section?:confused:

While I am not a fan of them, posts like these are pointless and unfair to the people who love them.

Song itself is decent, but definitely not singleworthy, its obviously an album track. It is catchy but quite forgettable and repetitive, its a miracle it took 5 people to write this.

Definitely better than tat horrendous album cover, their facial expressions are just ridiculous, like they were caught unprepared or something. Selfie done by them would have been more professional than this.
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit dull. It to me is more of a demo/b side than an album track or single. I find it strange that people preorder an album they have only heard 1 dull song from. I only preorder when I have at least heard a single from the album and snippets from other songs. I hope it turns out well for them and the fans are not disappointed. They have worked with a lot of decent songwriters but a song like this makes the album so it doesn't give you confidence in the rest of the album I they consider songs like this good enough.

Also, Louis should never sing solo. He is dreadful an this is with studio magic. He is the luckiest man alive for being in his position with so little ability. I know he does a lot of writing but they did not know that on X factor when they chose him. He also seems most ungrateful out of the 5 despite this.
  • Options
    andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    While I am not a fan of them, posts like these are pointless and unfair to the people who love them.

Song itself is decent, but definitely not singleworthy, its obviously an album track. It is catchy but quite forgettable and repetitive, its a miracle it took 5 people to write this.

Definitely better than tat horrendous album cover, their facial expressions are just ridiculous, like they were caught unprepared or something. Selfie done by them would have been more professional than this.

Lots of people seem to hate that cover :) I personally couldn't care less how they look like on the cover of one of their albums ;) But even I must admit, it looks a bit unprofessional...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    Lots of people seem to hate that cover :) I personally couldn't care less how they look like on the cover of one of their albums ;) But even I must admit, it looks a bit unprofessional...

I just wonder was Simon drunk when he approved - ok, shoot it, but to actually say yes is just unbelievable:D
  • Options
    andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wonder was Simon drunk when he approved - ok, shoot it, but to actually say yes is just unbelievable:D

You know, he's a busy man, being a father and back on the X Factor ;) We'll see how it turns out sales-wise :) They're probably going to sell less than with their last album(s), but that's certainly not due to a terrible CD cover :D Rather because of some other (boy)bands that have emerged and taken some of the spotlight in the meantime.
    As long as they continue to release songs I like, I'm perfectly happy :)
  • Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Four albums in four years? Guys, surely its time for a gap year? Guarenteed #1 I guess with all their demented fans.
  • Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are worked so hard you can tell their hearts just aren't in it as much anymore. I do feel sorry for them, even if they have a lot of money they must be so tired.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album per year is nothing surprising in the boyband business. BUT since their tour scheduling is difficult, they really should get a longer break. I bet if they break up because they just don't want to do it anymore, Simon will be shocked like "but why? I gave them everything" He just sees them as a product, when he finds another exciting act, he will slowly ignore them and eventually won't care that much for them. Sad but true.

The media are ridiculous once again with fangirling that they are no. 1 in 67 countries. They are right now no. 1 in 37 countries, and they'll probably be in about 10 countries few days after - it happens every time with them, when will the media ever learn that this is not a big deal. It happens to every artist actually, not just 1D.
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new One Direction album...oh goodness, I am dreading the hype that always preceeds their album releases. They become totally inescapable for weeks.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kirbyreed wrote: »
    They are worked so hard you can tell their hearts just aren't in it as much anymore. I do feel sorry for them, even if they have a lot of money they must be so tired.

They're really not overworked lately. They're always doing stuff like golfing or taking a mini break to Jamaica to smoke weed. Plus they're young, fit and healthy guys, they're not going down the mines.

If they look tired it'll be because they're either partying like most 21 year olds or are bored doing promo,
  • Options
    musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to agree with the above comment as yes a worldwide tour is draining but compared to similar bands in the 90's who had to physically be in the countries to be noticed for promo and success etc. I'm not sure they are working harder than others have in the past.

They don't put on a show full of dancing or any particular energy based performance on what I've heard/seen they aren't putting in the type of show Backstreet Boys/NSYNC used to which would be tiring and also they seem to have a lot more time off than groups used to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to agree with the above comment as yes a worldwide tour is draining but compared to similar bands in the 90's who had to physically be in the countries to be noticed for promo and success etc. I'm not sure they are working harder than others have in the past.

They don't put on a show full of dancing or any particular energy based performance on what I've heard/seen they aren't putting in the type of show Backstreet Boys/NSYNC used to which would be tiring and also they seem to have a lot more time off than groups used to.

Actually, you certainly have a point here. For what I have seen, they don't dance at all, just jump around, sing and talk to crowds, it definitely isn't harder for them than the boybands in the past. Thats why Simon's bragging that they are the hardest working act he ever worked with is such a bland saying because he said that about every act he worked with.
  • Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're really not overworked lately. They're always doing stuff like golfing or taking a mini break to Jamaica to smoke weed. Plus they're young, fit and healthy guys, they're not going down the mines.

If they look tired it'll be because they're either partying like most 21 year olds or are bored doing promo,

For some reason I was under the impression that they did a 300 show tour at one point. After googling it it seems I was wrong so I take it all back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album per year is nothing surprising in the boyband business. BUT since their tour scheduling is difficult, they really should get a longer break. I bet if they break up because they just don't want to do it anymore, Simon will be shocked like "but why? I gave them everything" He just sees them as a product, when he finds another exciting act, he will slowly ignore them and eventually won't care that much for them. Sad but true.

The media are ridiculous once again with fangirling that they are no. 1 in 67 countries. They are right now no. 1 in 37 countries, and they'll probably be in about 10 countries few days after - it happens every time with them, when will the media ever learn that this is not a big deal. It happens to every artist actually, not just 1D.

still, their last album was the biggest last year in the UK and WW :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    A new One Direction album...oh goodness, I am dreading the hype that always preceeds their album releases. They become totally inescapable for weeks.

brace yourselves folks lolz
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kirbyreed wrote: »
    For some reason I was under the impression that they did a 300 show tour at one point. After googling it it seems I was wrong so I take it all back.

their arena tour last year sure was gruelling... but not so much with this year's stadium tour where they can make 30 000 to 60 000 live audience fans ecstatic in one go, hi hi... :blush::kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    still, their last album was the biggest last year in the UK and WW :D:D:D

I know, but the fact remains is that the media are jumping the gun all the time with these iTunes positions. They will once again "dominate" iTunes once the release date is near, and again plummet after a few days - no point in making news out of it every single time.

Actually this new record of 1 million fans who downloaded Fireproof for free just shows how people just love having things for free - had they actually charged for the song, I doubt it would have been downloaded so many times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, but the fact remains is that the media are jumping the gun all the time with these iTunes positions. They will once again "dominate" iTunes once the release date is near, and again plummet after a few days - no point in making news out of it every single time.

Actually this new record of 1 million fans who downloaded Fireproof for free just shows how people just love having things for free - had they actually charged for the song, I doubt it would have been downloaded so many times.

don't pretend you don't know the media write about other acts as well about these itunes no1s lolz
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    It's a bit dull. It to me is more of a demo/b side than an album track or single. I find it strange that people preorder an album they have only heard 1 dull song from. I only preorder when I have at least heard a single from the album and snippets from other songs. I hope it turns out well for them and the fans are not disappointed. They have worked with a lot of decent songwriters but a song like this makes the album so it doesn't give you confidence in the rest of the album I they consider songs like this good enough.

maybe becoz for them it wasn't dull?

plus the fans having had 3 1D albums should know what to expect from now... course all the songs wouldn't be for everybody... but a 1D album is varied enough to have something for each fan (trust me)... and knowing this track record and their working with best in the industry, it's almost a certainty they'll delight the fans once again with this latest offering :kitty: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    don't pretend you don't know the media write about other acts as well about these itunes no1s lolz

Well yes, that is why I said in previous post: It happens to every artist actually, not just 1D. I also said "when will the media ever learn that this is not a big deal".

So I'm not pretending anything, you just didn't read my posts properly....
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Rihanna release an album a year for seven years or something nuts like that. Their schedule isn't that grueling, especially given the X-factor/Syco business model. Hopefully this album will be better than the last -- I found Midnight Memories pretty unlistenable barring a couple of songs. Their second album, shamelessly pop as it was, remains their most entertaining effort in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well yes, that is why I said in previous post: It happens to every artist actually, not just 1D. I also said "when will the media ever learn that this is not a big deal".

So I'm not pretending anything, you just didn't read my posts properly....

my apologies...

i already had an impression that you are keen to single out 1D hence my reading of your post...

i'm relieved you're not singling out 1D this time... ;-)
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be such hard work, all that songwriting they have to do...........Oh, hang on........