BBC / Childrens care home / strange man

satman17satman17 Posts: 2,608
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With the recent history of the BBC and the kiddy fidling scandal (Jimmy Saville and others) di anyone think the Child home scene was a little creepy

Comments

• dhdefenderdhdefender Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Not creepy in the sense you were thinking of.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, but I'm sure someone will take the time to complain to the BBC about it. They usually do.
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you'll find that there is a thread labelled "I have worked incredibly hard to find something to moan about" where you can raise this fantastic question.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    satman17 wrote: »
    With the recent history of the BBC and the kiddy fidling scandal (Jimmy Saville and others) di anyone think the Child home scene was a little creepy

I think if I was writing Doctor Who and I had come up with a story that works on playing with something near everybody has thought about in life (usually as a child) as well as trying to add a back story to a new character then Jimmy Saville is the last thing I would be thinking about.

Yes some will complain, but most wont link the two unless they either see this thread or if Peter Capaldi is arrested as part of Operation YewTree for child abuse in a care home, which is the most least likely thing to happen.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the BBC should avoid portrayals of Catholic Priests, Rock Stars and Disc Jockeys if we're going to be hyper-sensitive about certain professions which have had a few high-profile nonces?
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    satman17 wrote: »

No more so than excessive use of Scottishness, the BBC really are taking the pee and should be taken to task for crossing the lines between TV Series and real-world politics. I mean, I remember when they featured the Olympics during the lead up to 2012. Totally irresponsible, I demand my license fee back.

:p
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    mean, I remember when they featured the Olympics during the lead up to 2012. Totally irresponsible, I demand my license fee back.
    Thanks a bunch for reminding me of the lowest point of 21st century Doctor Who IMO!
    :(
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Thanks a bunch for reminding me of the lowest point of 21st century Doctor Who IMO!
    :(

Yes I'm sorry, my fingers hurt as I typed that ... I'm going to the shed now to perform seppuku :(
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thank your lucky stars there was no hair pulling or same sex kissing.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now we know why Saville found it so hard to access kids!

Lamentable security in that children's home.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Yes and a man travelling in a blue box didn't bother me at all. Because the show is FICTION.