Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought I had seen everything but this is a first for me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/29210991

Comments

• barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't brain surgery at all, just the removal of a benign external tumour that probably began as the result of an attack by a parasite. I once caught a pike with a tumour as big as half a golf ball close to one of its gill plates. It was dislodged in the landing net and the small mark where it had been treated with Klinik, a special fish-friendly antiseptic which most conscientious anglers carry around with them.
  • MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still think it's awesome that the owners cared enough to seek treatment.

I hate the way that some pets, goldfish, stick insects etc are considered disposable.
    My Dad's goldfish all made 20 years old comfortably, they should live a lot longer, but most people buy them for pennies and don't provide them with suitable care :(
  • FlickJFlickJ Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Muze wrote: »
    Still think it's awesome that the owners cared enough to seek treatment.

I hate the way that some pets, goldfish, stick insects etc are considered disposable.
    My Dad's goldfish all made 20 years old comfortably, they should live a lot longer, but most people buy them for pennies and don't provide them with suitable care :(

This. if you take on responsibility for another living creature, be it dog, cat or goldfish you are committing to do all you can to give them the best possible life including medical treatment. It wouldn't be thought of as unusual for someone to do this for their dog so why not a fish. good on the owners, decent kind people :)