Police separate rival groups in George Square Glasgow

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
No great surprise after the tensions and heavy drinking over the last 24 hours.

Seems like a lot a Rangers fans there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29288249

Comments

• JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Its horrible, I am really sad tonight :(
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am absolutely incensed by the thuggish behaviour taking place in Glasgow tonight .
    They are bringing this momentous occasion down into the gutter and bringing shame on Scotland.
    If one of mine were involved in this , I would be kicking their arses up and down Sauchiehall St.
    How dare they , how dare they shame us like this , well they are not doing it in my name
    nor any other free thinking Scot.

I am so angry I am spitting feathers , if I could get my hands on them , I would be showing them the error of their way ( I am well aware of the Irony in that ! )

I am speechless with anger and shame .

This is not my Scotland .
  • AndyCopenAndyCopen Posts: 2,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a fairly tame night in Glasgow :confused:
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,585
    Forum Member
    Loyalist thugs with a few BNP and EDL in there Usual triumphalism and bigotry
    These people don't represent the No side in any way They are neds
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Send Nicola Sturgeon round to have a word.:o;-)
  • MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Loyalist thugs with a few BNP and EDL in there Usual triumphalism and bigotry
    These people don't represent the No side in any way They are neds

Er, yes they do.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bx7YOcNIgAAUbDM.jpg:large
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    MeicY wrote: »

No they don't.

Any idiot can pick up a sign.
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    *snip*
    This is not my Scotland .

Whilst I feel no shame [they are not me nor mine], my exact words when seeing this up close and personal were, "I did not vote for this". Hopeless pricks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    No great surprise after the tensions and heavy drinking over the last 24 hours.

Seems like a lot a Rangers fans there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29288249

its all rangers fans fault

they vote yes, goto george square for a party and somehow it all kicks off... somehow they are to blame for bunch of party poopers turning up to a party and spoiling the celebrations , apparently every no voter is a gers fan... 55% of the country ,,damn, popular team

1 person 1 vote , seems some people cant accept that and want to blame rangers as usual
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grps3 wrote: »
    its all rangers fans fault

they vote yes, goto george square for a party and somehow it all kicks off... somehow they are to blame for bunch of party poopers turning up to a party and spoiling the celebrations , apparently every no voter is a gers fan... 55% of the country ,,damn, popular team

1 person 1 vote , seems some people cant accept that and want to blame rangers as usual

Yah...that works except.......you want an eye witness account?

Red Hand of Ulster flags - check

UDA logos - check

From the Louden...apparently....but I can't say that is true. You know about the Louden presumably.

"I'd rather be a **** than a Tim" sung at loud volume.

You might not want it to be so but that wasn't Better Together in George Sq tonight. I know exactly who it was.

You want The Sash? Yah, we had that too :(
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »

UDA logos - check

From the Louden...apparently....but I can't say that is true. You know about the Louden presumably.

You might not want it to be so but that wasn't Better Together in George Sq tonight. I know exactly who it was.

Sadly you are right. There's enough evidence on FB of videos going around of people who witnessed it tonight. I heard that the EDL and people from Belfast came to both Glasgow and Dundee to cause trouble. But whoever they are, they don't represent the ordinary citizens of Glasgow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »

UDA logos - check

what works,its all rangers fault ... i said it already , like op implied and you are implying now

somehow a few nuggets that support a 2nd division team represent 55% of scottish voters

im glad no went through, the way everyone is acting from both sides shows we dont deserve or have maturity to be in charge of our own country
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if there was roughly 100 of each group supporters.
    If as claimed one side were Rangers fans .. Would it follow that the other side were Celtic fans?
    This seems like a relatively logical assumption to me but then I'm not a Scot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if there was roughly 100 of each group supporters.
    If as claimed one side were Rangers fans .. Would it follow that the other side were Celtic fans?
    This seems like a relatively logical assumption to me but then I'm not a Scot.

My OH - who is new here - initially said that, well, it would be the same [but reversed] if Yes had won. Loads of Saltires instead of Union flags.

I tried to explain - it wouldn't. I believe. I've no doubt there would have been screaming triumphalism but I very much doubt there would have been IRA or INLA flags. I don't think they would have been tolerated.

I may be wrong. I voted No so I've no candle here.. I don't agree with the Yes voters and I would have been pissed off seeing them running about if they'd won. Happy that they could do so but it probs would have made me feel a bit cack. Just being honest.

But I really doubt there would have been Celtic or Republican terrorist flags or songs sung. P'raps I'm wrong.

There were more than 100 btw. Well more.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Loyalist thugs with a few BNP and EDL in there Usual triumphalism and bigotry...
    And probably SDL plus nationalist extremists, they won't be sitting at home having a cuppa while all this is going on.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunch of pissed football hooligans. Not really a riot. Seems the complete hysteria on Twitter of fires, violence breaking out and someone being stabbed has all been made up.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunch of pissed football hooligans. Not really a riot. Seems the complete hysteria on Twitter of fires, violence breaking out and someone being stabbed has all been made up.

Exactly. Media desperately trying to make more of this.

It'll fizzle out in a few days.
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Sunday Herald offices did suffer an attack , their building was set on fire .
    The Herald was the only paper to come out pro-Independence