Options

Angela Griffin's tweets

monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,962
Forum Member
i like angela but her last two tweets on her page tonight are rather strange.

she left waterloo road because she "couldnt stand" being away from her kids & husband for long days yet now she doesnt want to look after them?
Okay I'm pretty much ready for the kids to go back to school now. Everything's fine till about 4.30pm.
it doesn't help when you're off the wine either. Nothing to numb the pain or drown out the noise

i dont think she's sending out a good image of herself as a parent to the public by tweeting that. i dont know her so i'm not going to say anything bad but its quite annoying when her kids are the reason she left WR

Comments

• Options
    Desert RatDesert Rat Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its tongue in cheek I bet
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's all fine, don't think too much into it x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    There is a big difference between moaning a little bit (and like desert rat said, it is probably tongue in cheek) and not wanting to look after her kids!
  • Options
    DeeLushDeeLush Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think youre reading too much into it, what parent isnt happy to have the kids back at school after 6weeks of "im bored" inspite of spending a fortune on holidays/activities/computers/ps/360s etc etc etc etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DeeLush wrote: »
    i think youre reading too much into it, what parent isnt happy to have the kids back at school after 6weeks of "im bored" inspite of spending a fortune on holidays/activities/computers/ps/360s etc etc etc etc

its fine for normal parents to think that. im not saying shes a bad parent but she used to say how much she loved her kids and couldnt stand being away from them for long. i know half a day 5 days a week isnt long but its not a good thing to say that
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think most parents are relieved when the school holidays are over. Can't see the big deal myself.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an odd thing to start a thread on?:confused: The O.P is as good as accusing Angela Griffin of being a bad mother for saying things that any stressed out parent of young kids would say. Have you ever tried looking after young children? It's pretty stressful and sometimes you need to let off steam.

My mum always used to say she couldn't wait till September during the summer holidays.
  • Options
    GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On her tweets the other day she was trying to bumnfree tickets for Legoland. Asking if anyone had any contacts.

Who does she think she is. I can imagine her being the type if she got turned away from somewhere she would come out with the line "Don't you know who I am"

Bet she is really upset her afternoon chat show came off the air she was always freeloading on there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What an odd thing to start a thread on?:confused: The O.P is as good as accusing Angela Griffin of being a bad mother for saying things that any stressed out parent of young kids would say. Have you ever tried looking after young children? It's pretty stressful and sometimes you need to let off steam.

My mum always used to say she couldn't wait till September during the summer holidays.

im not accusing her of being a bad parent. she said the noise was annoying her. if she didnt like kids why did she have them? im sure she loves them but saying that isnt nice.

my parents never complained when they had to look after us when we werent at school.

and i was just wondering what other people thought.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im not accusing her of being a bad parent. she said the noise was annoying her. if she didnt like kids why did she have them? im sure she loves them but saying that isnt nice.

my parents never complained when they had to look after us when we werent at school.

You're reading far too much into it.

Of course, the noise gets annoying. I'm not a parent but being with kids for more than two hours does my head in.

If I have kids, I'm sure I'd complain about the noise but I would still love them (I hope :D) and I'm sure Angela and every other parent who's complained about their kids do as well...

My parents dreaded us having time off because we'd complain about anything and everything and fight and argue with each other.

My parents have said much worse about me and my siblings than "the noise is too much" but they still love us!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you very young OP? Am assuming you are as you take everything so literally. If someone says "I could kill him" do you actually think they could?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say those tweets are more than normal.

Being a working mum would make you miss the little blighters, you would miss the day-to-day things that is until you go back to being a full-time mum. Only then you realise the grass isn't always greener, and that on a full-time basis kids can be quite annoying.

OP I think you need to take a step back and see the tweets for what they are, a perfectly normal parental rant.
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's saying what she's thinking, like most people on Twitter. It's casual. Domestic. It's not like she put out a press release saying "Take my kids, please".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    angela is just saying what we all feel after 6 weeks of fighting, boredom and thats just the parents.i love my kids but next week cant come quick enough.not for one min do i think she is trying to get rid of her kids,she is just a normal mum even celeb mums are allowed a whinge now and again.
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love the school hols with my kids but after 6 weeks felt a mixture of sadness and relief, don't see anything wrong with what she said most Mums are the same.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Gawd, it's twitter! She's probably just beign a bit tongue in cheek:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can assure you they probably did;)
  • Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lost my job just before the holidays so thought "Oh great 6 weeks with my son!"

Just over a week left and I'm counting the seconds!! haha

I love my son to bits, but he is ready to go back and I'm ready for him to go back. Me saying this is not an admission that I shouldn't have been a mum!

:D:D
  • Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry just saw this and I would never dream of telling my son I didn't want to look after him!! I'm sure your parents endured the 6 week break just the same as my parents did!
  • Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure what she said is no major revelation to a lot of mothers.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bandita wrote: »
    I used to love the school hols with my kids but after 6 weeks felt a mixture of sadness and relief, don't see anything wrong with what she said most Mums are the same.

Totally agree, mine went back last week(i'm in Scotland) and after 7 weeks of constant noise&bickering etc i am enjoying it just me&the little 'un during the day!
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think most parents are looking forward to the kids going back to school. It's a perfectly natural feeling after 6 weeks of hyper/bored kids. They may not all voice it openly, but they will, no doubt, have those feelings,

Angela's tweets sound like the tweets of a typical mum in the last few days of the school hols!
  • Options
    PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

my parents never complained when they had to look after us when we werent at school.and i was just wondering what other people thought.

Oh for gods sake! Stop being so flippin precious!

I bet your folks, if they're really honest, couldn't wait to see the back of your sorry ass scooting back to school in September;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a (nearly) 2 yr old son and he talks non stop. He seems quite advanced for his age and can tell me colours, shapes etc. i think its wonderful that i can have a whole conversation with him that isnt full of gobble-de-goo or baby talk. However, after a day of constant talking with him i would often give my right arm for him to shut up and give me 10mins peace!! This does not mean i love him any less!!
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be a sad lone Mum, mine go back on Thurs and it's just too soon. I'll be the mum that comes home after dropping them off at school and sits on the settee and bursts into tears. Believe me, I'm not a perfect mum, far from it, and my boys fight, and one of them is special needs, but I love having them at home during the school holidays.