Options

Facebook Block Question

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,

If someone has blocked you from facebook does that mean you can no longer see any of their photos even if they had tagged you in them?

I noticed my photo count drop quite significantly and it seems I have been blocked, and I wondered if this would explain the drop in photos im tagged in.

Comments

• Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone blocks you, effectively they don't exist to you on Facebook, therefore you wouldn't be able to see any of their photos that they uploaded, even the ones you were tagged in.
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    delete your account
  • Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you won't see anything they've put up, their name in the search nothing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    delete your account

Agreed. Digital spy should ban the any discussions about FB, it's ruining this site!
  • Options
    artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @kranal - So, let me get this straight... you see a thread entitled "Facebook Block Question" you come into the "Facebook" thread to whine about there being a "Facebook" thread...thus bumping the very same "Facebook" thread that you're moaning about being here, to the top of the page again?

Why not just ignore it and maybe it will drop away? ;)

lol Some people :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    artnada wrote: »
    @kranal - So, let me get this straight... you see a thread entitled "Facebook Block Question" you come into the "Facebook" thread to whine about there being a "Facebook" thread...thus bumping the very same "Facebook" thread that you're moaning about being here, to the top of the page again?

My thoughts exactly.
    Facebook haters seem to have a bit of a chip on their superior shoulder!
  • Options
    Forum Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I quite like those
  • Options
    artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back again? Damn this Facebook thread being bumped up the page...!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And im going to bump it again by saying thankyou for the (constructive) responses.
  • Options
    flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know you've been blocked ? Is it not possible that the person in question has just deleted their account meaning the photos would go too ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I blocked someone yesterday. I've been taking some of her posts with a pinch of salt. She has a new tale everyday, and her friends send her hugs etc.
    She says she has two types of cancer and a few other things that could cause a lot of trouble to a couple of people.
    Bumped into someone close to her and they said it's all lies.
    Sick bitch!
  • Options
    Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flakecake wrote: »
    How do you know you've been blocked ? Is it not possible that the person in question has just deleted their account meaning the photos would go too ?

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Maybe they have just deactivated their account.

I had people asking me if I had deleted them when I deactivated myself :eek:
  • Options
    orchoverorchover Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I block somebody but then make a comment on one of their friends posts, can they see what I have said?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. Maybe they have just deactivated their account.

I had people asking me if I had deleted them when I deactivated myself :eek:
    If you've blocked someone, they can easily find your page by logging out and looking for you. If you've deleted your account, that's not a problem. :p
  • Options
    TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    orchover wrote: »
    If I block somebody but then make a comment on one of their friends posts, can they see what I have said?

I don't think they can I'll try to explain this without going round in circles when there has been a status, wall post or whatever that is posted by say a mutual friend of you and the blocked person when you post it will show up but the blocked person wont see it although if anyone else comments to you they may see that someone has replied but not what they have replied too.

I have blocked people and then gone on to post on walls I can't see if they have put anything and they can't see my responses only way they will know or you will know if there is posts is if someone else comments and makes reference to you.

Sorry if it sounds completely confusing.

That said they may see what you post on groups or pages though unless they are private since it seems that those can't be blocked. i know the person I blocked posts used to show up in the group we were both in but other than that you should be ok
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Back again? Damn this Facebook thread being bumped up the page...!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Yip
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flakecake wrote: »

Definitely been blocked. Its an ex...strange because we havent been friends on there for months anyway so couldnt see any of their profile, we have no mutual friends either so its not like I could see any of their posts on there either.
    We also havent had any contact for like a month so seems peculiar to block me to be honest since we have not been in contact and its not like I could see their profile anyway if I had wanted to! I only noticed because my tagged photo count suddenly dropped by about 300 photos!! Otherwise I would have never known!