Options

"scum of the earth" arson attack on Harlow Islamic Centre

2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Three people are being sought after an arson attack on an Islamic centre.

Essex Police were called to the Harlow Islamic Centre, in Paringdon Road, after reports of attempts to set fire to the centre overnight.

Officers said it appeared someone had sprayed insulation foam around the doors and windows and then set fire to it. The centre suffered limited damage.

Ch Insp Ed Wells, of Essex Police, said he was "appalled" at the incident and officers were studying CCTV footage.

Footage shows three figures at the site and police are hoping to release pictures later this week.

He added: "We have an excellent relationship with the leaders here. There will be a police presence throughout today and tonight and we will of course work tirelessly to identify those responsible."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-23840637

It was too much to hope that we'd be seeing less of this. I hope they are found. Wonder what's happened in the cases of the other attacks. What goes through your mind when you set fire to a building?

Comments

• Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Bunch of idiots.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends who set fire to it.

It may not be as it seems.
  • Options
    JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    What goes through your mind when you set fire to a building?

I guess they're hoping it'll burn down.
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edf??

I meant EDL. :D
  • Options
    thebtmanthebtman Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was too much to hope that we'd be seeing less of this. I hope they are found. Wonder what's happened in the cases of the other attacks. What goes through your mind when you set fire to a building?

Probably the same thing I thought during any terrorist attack.

Scum.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »

What difference does it make if it is the EDL or the BNP? They are both scum.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't really depend who set fire to it at all- whoever it was is a dick.
    yellowpark wrote: »
    Edf??

Faulty wiring, you mean?
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *****. Hope they're caught.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How comes stoatie's dick turned up and my tw*t was censored?? Sexist that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    What difference does it make if it is the EDL or the BNP? They are both scum.

No no no, I mean they could of done it themselves, it may be someone who has been thrown out, and so on.

And it won't be EDL or BNP, because as soon as someone (if they were a member) does that, suddenly they are not a member.
  • Options
    yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    It doesn't really depend who set fire to it at all- whoever it was is a dick.

Faulty wiring, you mean?

Opps. :p
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    yellowpark wrote: »
    Opps. :p

Do you mean "oops"? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheetah666 wrote: »

I put sunglasses and a fake 'tache on it so it slipped past the filter.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hopefully they will catch these clowns and throw the book at them.
    Cheetah666 wrote: »

Crikey :eek::eek: (and on a public forum too ;):D)
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

I agree. We must await for a full investigation before casting accusations around.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put sunglasses and a fake 'tache on it so it slipped past the filter.

I bet you say that to all the girls....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    I bet you say that to all the girls....

I do. It's kind of a ventriloquism thing. Groucho Marx impersonation kinda deal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Let's not forget the Muswell Hill mosque that was set on fire recently with "EDL" daubed all over the walls. The weird thing is that when it turned out to be a devoted attendee of the congregation who allegedly torched the gaff and sprayed the graffiti, the media and hand wringers went quiet in an instant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do. It's kind of a ventriloquism thing. Groucho Marx impersonation kinda deal.

If only my tw*t could manage that. :(
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not forget the Muswell Hill mosque that was set on fire recently with "EDL" daubed all over the walls. The weird thing is that when it turned out to be a devoted attendee of the congregation who allegedly torched the gaff and sprayed the graffiti, the media and hand wringers went quiet in an instant.

You got a link to who did that ~ just googled it and can't find anything beyond the original reports on 5/6 June.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    You got a link to who did that ~ just googled it and can't find anything beyond the original reports on 5/6 June.

Yeah, I couldn't find anything about who it "turned out" to be either.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoever did it wants bashing over the head with a very heavy copy of the Koran.

Seriously, I'm not sure some of these idiots have any specific affiliations with the BNP or EDL. I would imagine some of them are just random, hate-filled opportunists who fix on a target group to take their own personal failures and frustrations out on. If it's not Muslims, it's some other group or person. They'd be much better focusing their energies into making something of their lives but that's just too much effort, isn't it? Some of them hook up with other like-minded idiots because it gives them some kind of group identity but, alone, they're just inadequate cowards.
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah ?. Well te exact opposite happened when the mosque in Birmingham was targeted , and it transpired the suspects were 2 Ukrainians with far right (possible EDL links )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »

Something about the place.

http://kafircrusaders.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/firebombed-somali-islamic-centrebuilding-was-in-bad-stateplans-to-modernize-but-no-funds-to-pay/
  • Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member

It was great to see the MP condemn the perps of this unequivocally - quite brave to call them "scum of the earth" (which is what they are...).

I'm not sure that what tothegrand about the EDL and BNP expelling extremists who do this says is actually the case, given the lengthy criminal record for a variety of similar offences of their membership. I assume tothegrand saying "we should wait" is possibly implying they did this themselves ? The video evidence should be conclusive.