The Big Reunion: Series 2

dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
Forum Member
ITV have officially announced the line up for the next series.

Girl Thing (?!)
3T
A1
Damage
Eternal
5th Story (Group consisting of solo artists: Dane Bowers, Kenzie, Kavana, Gareth Gates and Adam Rickitt)

A pretty weak line up if you ask me, considering who they had in Series 1. I certainly wouldn't pay to see any of the above live. I'm happy Eternal are reforming but was half hoping to see All Saints & Deuce on the list too.

Comments

• tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful lineup. This series will bomb with those acts, a new boyband? Girl thing? No big brovaz?

And no misteeq?
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrible line up but then again, the stories could be good and it ends up being great.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    What is the point of Girl Thing? They did not release much material anyway:confused:

Didn't Dane Bowers get involved with that MTV Boyband thing years ago, which flopped? I am not sure if him getting involved in another boyband is a good thing.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    To reunite a group like girl thing who had absolutely nothing going for them in the first place and not much history and certainly very little success to discuss suggests already this will be the last season for this show
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Eternal should be the story of the series. Is it with or without Louise Redknapp?

I guess they have to stagger the names so they don't use them all up in the first two series. All Saints deserve a series of their own to work out their issues.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    Terrible, terrible line-up. The only one I'm remotely interested in is Eternal.

A1 released an album last year and like Blue have toured since 2010. The 'supergroup' sounds bloody awful. The most interesting thing about Girl Thing is their single got taken by Hear'Say, 3T only have Jackson family drama to rely on.

It's a shame they couldn't have got bigger groups for series 2.

Eternal
    Hear'Say
    Misteeq
    Another Level
    Damage
    Big Brovas

Would have been a better line-up. Having The Honeyz as the least remembered group in Series 1 was fine because the other five were well known and they had two memorable songs to perform. Apart from Eternal, this entire line-up is The Honeyz.

Big Reunion 1.0 must be very happy their series won't be topped by 2.0. If I'm honest id prefer the first line-up to continue touring together and that could have been a new series, dropping Liberty X (because they don't want to carry on anyway) and Blue (who should never have been involved) and replacing them with Eternal and maybe Damage.
    Forum Member
    Eternal should be the story of the series. Is it with or without Louise Redknapp?

I guess they have to stagger the names so they don't use them all up in the first two series. All Saints deserve a series of their own to work out their issues.

There's a difference between staggering names and choosing two groups who were barely successful, one who has been reunited for 3 years and a group of people that have never been in a group together though
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Only interested in Eternal. Like Blue last year A1 have been reunited for years.

I cannot remember a single hit Damage had. They seemed to go on for years without having a big hit. The only reason I remember them is because of Jade, who is married to Emma Bunton.
    What is the point of Girl Thing? They did not release much material anyway:confused:

All I remember is 'Last one Standing' and I only remember that because the everyone was shocked by what a massive and blatant rip off the video was of 'wannabe'. Of course they were the spawn of Cowell.
    The only other thing I remember was that they recorded Hearsay's 'pure and simple' first.
    Didn't Dane Bowers get involved with that MTV Boyband thing years ago, which flopped?

Yeah with Jimmy from 911, Lee from Steps and the bearded one from New kids on the block. What a terrible show that was:D
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Seriously! Girl thing! I imagine there would be more interest in a One True Voice reunion:p
    Without.
    It's a shame they couldn't have got bigger groups for series 2.

Eternal
    Hear'Say
    Misteeq
    Another Level
    Damage
    Big Brovas

The 3 girls are doing too well for a Hear'Say reunion to be viable, I doubt Alesha Dixon would lower herself from BGT to reunite with Misteeq either.
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Only interested in Eternal. Like Blue last year A1 have been reunited for years.

I cannot remember a single hit Damage had. They seemed to go on for years without having a big hit. The only reason I remember them is because of Jade, who is married to Emma Bunton.

All I remember is 'Last one Standing' and I only remember that because the everyone was shocked by what a massive and blatant rip off the video was of the 'wannabe' video. Of course they were the spawn of Cowell.
    The only other thing I remember was that they recorded Hearsay's 'pure and simple' first.

Yeah with Jimmy from 911, Lee from Steps and the bearded one from New kids on the block. What a terrible show that was:D

I remember them getting rid of Lee and thought Jimmy/Dane and Danny did not come across as well at all. I laughed when their single didn't do well, after their treatment of Lee. What goes around comes around, eh:D

Here are some clips of 'Upper Street' busting their moves:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K1o1lZNiQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_x42DYAVXc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Paul joining A1 or the other 3 have been "reunioned" for years!

Eternal, there is a story because of how Kelle was treated, however less of a story without Louise.

Damage - meh. 3t- meh. Girlthing is just rubbish!

And the new band - What are they even going to sing. Upper Street failed, so this band - meh!
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So pumped about Eternal...will be definitely be tuning in just for them!!
    Forum Member
    Is Paul joining A1 or the other 3 have been "reunioned" for years!

Eternal, there is a story because of how Kelle was treated, however less of a story without Louise.

Damage - meh. 3t- meh. Girlthing is just rubbish!

And the new band - What are they even going to sing. Upper Street failed, so this band - meh!

I assume Blazin Squad, Another Level, Gareth Gates and Adam Rickitt covers:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    I assume Blazin Squad, Another Level, Gareth Gates and Adam Rickitt covers:D

Don't forget a version of I can make you feel good!
    Forum Member
    Who do we think will be the surprise act? I think MKS would do it, maybe a Sugababes reunion with Heidi involved. Sugababes/MKS and Eternal could fill a series with drama all by themselves
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    What a bizarre line-up! Who on earth even came up with the idea of considering Girl Thing let alone have them on the show? They had two songs which barely made a dent in the Top 20 and then disbanded. At least this year you had bands that had a successful catalogue of hits behind them. With the exception of the brilliant Eternal, I fear that this series will be a huge flop.
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Just to jog some peoples memory (including mine!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myoXhuYwa4Q
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe Adam Rickitt is doing this considering how vocal and scathing he was about his music career. How the mighty have fallen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise that there was going to be a second series (although after the success of the first line up I'm not surprised that they are trying to make more money out of the format) but I'm very disappointed with the calibre of groups. I doubt that I will watch and definitely won't be paying £30 for a concert ticket on the inevitable tour. Goodness knows who they'll round up for series 3...
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realise that there was going to be a second series (although after the success of the first line up I'm not surprised that they are trying to make more money out of the format) but I'm very disappointed with the calibre of groups. I doubt that I will watch and definitely won't be paying £30 for a concert ticket on the inevitable tour. Goodness knows who they'll round up for series 3...

Cleopatras comin atcha in 2015. :p
  • popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They do a one off show in London in February and that should be sell out based on A1, Eternal and Gareth Gates alone. Whether they do an arena tour is more doubtful but they could add some of the artists for Series 1 if necessary.

I think some people are a being a bit harsh I mean series 1 had the likes of Honeyz and Bwitched who never achieved half of what A1, Eternal achieved and even Damage had more hit singles so for some to say calibre is well below series 1 is unfair. I grant you that Girlband and maybe 3T are weak and they could have done better

If you enjoy pop of the 90 and 00's series 2 offers a lot to enjoy as well
  • whatsername235whatsername235 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    I assume Girl Thing got involved since one of them happens to be married to that bloke from Westlife. They had one shite single that I remember, this series is going to be a massive let down!
    Thought I am looking forward to some A1, loved them.
  • applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, as much as I loved the first series I'm really not sure what to make of this one!

It does rather feel like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel.
  • LordmilkymilkyLordmilkymilky Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling that the production company must have had great difficulty in recruiting bands willing to go through with it, hence the weak line up. I'm sure they had meetings as to whether to go ahead or not, but at the end of the day, because of the success of the first series probably hedged their bets and went ahead.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dane Bowers would jump on ANY bandwagon nowadays just to stay a Z Lister.

I imagine Victoria Beckham is ashamed at her biggest solo hit being a duet with HIM.