Options

EE: i hate phil!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously, he didn't murder Kevin with his own hand. I think It's a case of indirect murder.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    joeski97 wrote: »
    gets away with everything and now it looks like he's gonna get away with murdering kevin:eek::mad::yawn:

BK please get rid of boring old mr potato head!

He's beyond pathetic. Anyone with half a brain cell would just tell the fat old git to p!ss off in real life, while laughing in his beetroot face.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,962
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Obviously, he didn't murder Kevin with his own hand. I think It's a case of indirect murder.

but phil didnt originally know the cars were cut and shuts? when he did he told kevin to get rid of them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can't someone pour a boiling hot pan of fat all over phil?! id like him more then hahaha:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but phil didnt originally know the cars were cut and shuts? when he did he told kevin to get rid of them

I guess. But why didn't Phil get rid of them instead? Why force Kevin to do it? They were his stolen cars after all not Kevin's. I'm sure he could've arranged for them to get crushed like he did with Jack's car lol. That's what I don't get.

While I don't think it was an intentional murder from Phil - it was still manslaughter in my book. He was indirectly responsible for Kevin's death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess. But why didn't Phil get rid of them instead? Why force Kevin to do it? They were his stolen cars after all not Kevin's. I'm sure he could've arranged for them to get crushed like he did with Jack's car lol. That's what I don't get.

cos he knew they were dangerous ? he didnt exactly tell kevin to drive them just to get rid of them

and it depends at the time if he knew someone to do that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cos he knew they were dangerous ? he didnt exactly tell kevin to drive them just to get rid of them

and it depends at the time if he knew someone to do that

Exactly. That's why I'm asking why didn't Phil just call up one of his friends and tell them to dispose of the cars? I think that's a plot hole on the writers' part.

Yes, as I said - while I don't think it was an intentional murder from Phil - it was still manslaughter in my book. He brought in dangerous stolen cars into his business and they ended up killing one of his employees - doesn't matter if he didn't tell Kevin to drive them or not - that's not the point.

It's like if some random thug took a gun home and then his brother used it to kill somebody - the thug would be indirectly responsible for the murder, wouldn't he? Because he made the big mistake of bringing the weapon to the murderer's hands in the first place. I'm sure the courts wouldn't react too well to this fact. I think you can say thing about Phil in regards to Kevin's death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly. That's why I'm asking why didn't Phil just call up one of his friends and tell them to dispose of the cars? I think that's a plot hole on the writers' part.

Yes, as I said - while I don't think it was an intentional murder from Phil - it was still manslaughter in my book. He brought in dangerous cars and they ended up killing somebody - doesn't matter if he didn't tell Kevin to drive them or not - that's not the point.

It's like if some random thug took a gun home and then his brother used it to kill somebody - the thug would be indirectly responsible for the murder, wouldn't he? Because he made the big mistake of bringing the weapon to the murderer's hands in the first place. I'm sure the courts wouldn't react too well to this fact. I think you can say thing about Phil in regards to Kevin's death.
    well they let him off without charge when they had evidence
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well they let him off without charge when they had evidence

Well, that's EE for you. Very rarely do they portray the justice system accurately, which I'm sure you're aware of ;). Of course, all soaps rarely do.

Also, the writers couldn't let Phil get charged with Kevin's death and thrown in prison since Phil is not leaving the show anytime soon, so they had to let Phil escape the charges. I'm sure it will come back to haunt Phil when he does indeed leave the show one day.

Phil would have been bang to rights in real life especially with that recording as evidence. I mean his defence was pretty pathetic - he claimed to be coerced into confessing Kevin's murder lol! even though he was heard threatening Darren on the recording lol! I still wanna how Phil slithered his way out of this one, just so I can laugh at the writing.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mandead88 wrote: »
    The problem with getting rid of Phil is replacing him.

Why would he have to be replaced?

Is it compulsory for a soap to have a resident bullying thieving thug:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

While I don't think it was an intentional murder from Phil - it was still manslaughter in my book. He was indirectly responsible for Kevin's death.

He didn't make kevin do it. Kevin went to phil to see if he had any deals going because the car lot wasn't doing to good financially.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »

Exactly. Thank you ;). You don't need to replace characters. Just create good characters. And I really have no desire to see another obnoxious thug like Phil again to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He didn't make kevin do it. Kevin went to phil to see if he had any deals going because the car lot wasn't doing to good financially.

Didn't Phil order Kevin to get rid of the car and shut cars? I'm pretty sure he did. If so, why didn't Phil get rid of them himself? He's got many contacts who could have easily disposed of them. That's the point I'm trying to make.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Didn't Phil order Kevin to get rid of the car and shut cars? I'm pretty sure he did. If so, why didn't Phil get rid of them himself? He's got many contacts who could have easily disposed of them. That's the point I'm trying to make.

he might not have had any contacts at the time?
  • Options
    mandead88mandead88 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »

Yes, clearly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he might not have had any contacts at the time?

But surely ALL his contacts were not unavailable at that time? I'm sure he knows many people with the tools to dispose of them. I really do believe it's a giant plot hole to be honest.

That's why I hate storylines like this where the story is forcefully engineered for a certain outcome such as a character's death - it all feels quite artificial.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But surely ALL his contacts were not unavailable at that time? I'm sure he knows many people with the tools to dispose of them. I really do believe it's a giant plot hole to be honest.

That's why I hate storylines like this where the story is forcefully engineered for a certain outcome such as a character's death - it all feels quite artificial.

maybe they didnt want to get involved - after all they were cut and shuts
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a possible explanation I suppose. Though, I'm sure they would've done the job if Phil bribed them with some serious cash. Phil always gets people to do what he wants in the end haha either through bribery, blackmail or plain violence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    gets away with everything and now it looks like he's gonna get away with murdering kevin:eek::mad::yawn:

BK please get rid of boring old mr potato head!

Denise, is that you? :eek:
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when Dirty Den set Phil up. There was CCTV footage, a security guard witness and the policed caught him red handed at the scene of the crime, he still managed to get away with it though.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a possible explanation I suppose. Though, I'm sure they would've done the job if Phil bribed them with some serious cash. Phil always gets people to do what he wants in the end haha either through bribery, blackmail or plain violence.

current phil yes but he has changed a lot of the years
    I remember when Dirty Den set Phil up. There was CCTV footage, a security guard witness and the policed caught him red handed at the scene of the crime, he still managed to get away with it though.:rolleyes:

he did get sent down but phil escaped
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin Wicks was in idiot who died because of his own stupidity. He was showing off to Shirley (his ex-wife who he supposedly loathed) by speeding and doing silly little skids in a car which he knew fine well was a death trap. How Phil can be held accountable for that buffoon killing himself i dont know. The car didnt even fault and cause him to die, he died because of his reckless driving.
  • Options
    Marty McFlyMarty McFly Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    can't someone pour a boiling hot pan of fat all over phil?! id like him more then hahaha:D:D

These boards are getting quite vile! What an awful thing to say.