Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »

Heaven help us. For real?
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a worse diatribe than I was expecting!
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, well, it's not just UKIP! What about all the other parties who have candidates that threaten to shoot people and bang on about their 400 year ancestry, eh?

I'm getting used to this forum now. ;-)

Seriously, what a ridiculous dolt!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yeah, well, it's not just UKIP! What about all the other parties who have candidates that threaten to shoot people and bang on about their 400 year ancestry, eh?

I'm getting used to this forum now. ;-)

It's a media stitch-up, of course. The other parties have people as bad, the media and Establishment are all in league to make UKIP out to be worse, they're all scared of UKIP, attack stories like this just make more people determined to vote UKIP, blah blah blah, etc. etc. ad nauseam.

Still, at least one crumb of comfort is that this repugnant individual is extremely unlikely to become NE Hampshire's next MP.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mithy73 wrote: »
    It's a media stitch-up, of course. The other parties have people as bad, the media and Establishment are all in league to make UKIP out to be worse, they're all scared of UKIP, attack stories like this just make more people determined to vote UKIP, blah blah blah, etc. etc. ad nauseam.

Still, at least one crumb of comfort is that this repugnant individual is extremely unlikely to become NE Hampshire's next MP.
    Well exactly. UKIP supporters love to say that other parties have people just as bad (I'm sure they do) but just not at the VOLUMES that they're found in UKIP.
    Personally I was surprised that s UKIP candidate would say those kinda things publicly, esp so close to an election. I think many of us wouldn't be esp surprised to hear those views from a UKIPPER but doesn't Nugel have the slightest dISCIPLINE in his party?
    I'd have expected all candidates to have been at least briefed to control their mouths during an election campaign.
    And this goes to prove my long held belief-anyone from an ethnic background (British born or not) who is thinking of voting UKIP is a f*****g idiot!
    If you think their anti immigration stance is all about EU citizens, you're VERY naive!
  • Options
    MagnamundianMagnamundian Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the candidate was a former member and local party officer of the Conservative party.

Not excusing, just pointing out that this particular person was already part of the political circus before joining UKIP. This isn't a random racist with no prior experience that they stuck a purple rosette on.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all very unsavoury of course, but the thread title did make me smile a bit, I'm afraid. I just immediately started singing Rocky Racoon by The Beatles. Of course, in that song Gideon gets involved too...

I'll shut up now.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »

Mildly. Most other parties have candidates with ridiculous views as well. Who cares. All as bad as each other. I dislike them all equally.
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Well exactly. UKIP supporters love to say that other parties have people just as bad (I'm sure they do) but just not at the VOLUMES that they're found in UKIP.
    Personally I was surprised that s UKIP candidate would say those kinda things publicly, esp so close to an election. I think many of us wouldn't be esp surprised to hear those views from a UKIPPER but doesn't Nugel have the slightest dISCIPLINE in his party?
    I'd have expected all candidates to have been at least briefed to control their mouths during an election campaign.
    And this goes to prove my long held belief-anyone from an ethnic background (British born or not) who is thinking of voting UKIP is a f*****g idiot!
    If you think their anti immigration stance is all about EU citizens, you're VERY naive!

What a load of bollocks, it proves nothing and don't go around calling people f***g idiot's either. Just because they hold a different political view to yourself. :blush:
    Maybe check out this site if you think the other party members are all so squeaky clean:

https://www.facebook.com/NopeNotHope?fref=ts