It is totally unbelievable that Tyrone would still work with Kevin

floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
Forum Member
I think this is one plot development that is just too ridiculous. Tyrone vowed to kill the person that went with Molly. Okay, he said that in anger but I can't believe he would ever stay working with Kevin. It's like he's got over the fact Kevin had sex with Molly and she had his baby! The writers should have come up with something more believable.

For example: perhaps Tyrone did try to kill Kevin or cause him some harm but Kevin agreed not to go to the police and report him because he felt sorry for him. Something along those lines would be more credible than Tyrone back at the garage being pals with Kevin. That's too unbelievable. It also undermined the entire 'Kevin and Molly being unfaithful' plot. :rolleyes:

Comments

• PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that myself when I realised that they were still working together, but I guess he feels that its his job, he has to work, its local, near his local, near his home. Or maybe the thought of leaving has never occurred to him.

Its like Ronnie returning to Walford. I would have thoguht that a bad move and in reality Ronnie's family would have moved away, start afresh where nobody knew her past.

But no.......
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    I suppose Tyrone wouldn't want to lose his job but he could have moved to another job, maybe starting up his own rival car business. He could have persuaded Kevin to sell some of the garage to him, or given him some of the profit. That could have been worth exploring.

Tyrone isn't a scheming character, he's one of the nice guys on the Street, but even so, I think he was entitled to turn a bit bad just to get revenge on Kevin. The writers might have missed out on a decent plot there! Tyrone staying with Kevin as if nothing happened, nah, doesn't feel right.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Tyrone left, he would have nowhere to work because no one on the Street can work anywhere else :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Kevin offered to buy Tyrone's share of the garage last nght,but Tyrone refused.
    I don'.t think he has the savvy to run his own business.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes, my boss had an affair with my wife 3 months ago and i still work here
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    sleek wrote: »
    yes, my boss had an affair with my wife 3 months ago and i still work here

You really felt the need to share that:confused:
  • Nicky2win87Nicky2win87 Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    I think this is one plot development that is just too ridiculous. Tyrone vowed to kill the person that went with Molly. Okay, he said that in anger but I can't believe he would ever stay working with Kevin. It's like he's got over the fact Kevin had sex with Molly and she had his baby! The writers should have come up with something more believable.

For example: perhaps Tyrone did try to kill Kevin or cause him some harm but Kevin agreed not to go to the police and report him because he felt sorry for him. Something along those lines would be more credible than Tyrone back at the garage being pals with Kevin. That's too unbelievable. It also undermined the entire 'Kevin and Molly being unfaithful' plot. :rolleyes:

Tyrone owns part of the business and made a point about not selling it to Kevin.
  • IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tyrone might still be working at the garage, but he isn't friends with Kevin any more, that has been made quite clear. We have been shown time and again over the last 5 months that they work together in pointed silence most of the time - when they aren't arguing outright, that is. Tyrone has made it abundently obvious that he has no intention of forgiving Kevin for what he did. However he chose to remain at the garage because he part-owns the business and was not about to let Kevin take anything else from him, having already stolen his wife and child. Maintaining his share in the business rather than letting Kevin buy him out is a point of principle, not a gesture of friendship or forgiveness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Indeg wrote: »
    Tyrone might still be working at the garage, but he isn't friends with Kevin any more, that has been made quite clear. We have been shown time and again over the last 5 months that they work together in pointed silence most of the time - when they aren't arguing outright, that is. Tyrone has made it abundently obvious that he has no intention of forgiving Kevin for what he did. However he chose to remain at the garage because he part-owns the business and was not about to let Kevin take anything else from him, having already stolen his wife and child. Maintaining his share in the business rather than letting Kevin buy him out is a point of principle, not a gesture of friendship or forgiveness.

Thank you!!!!

I was starting to wonder if the people in the thread actually watched Corrie based on what they were saying!!!!
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just because Kevin said he would "kill" the main who had ah affair with his wife doesnt mean that he literally would of done it, its just something people say. And Tyrone isn't the kind of person who would attempt to kill someone anyway or really do some damage, unless it was the spur of the moment somehow.

Also Tyrone is a partner of the garage isn't he? I remember when Kevin offered to buy his shares sometime ago, but then Tyrone stated back something like "why don't I buy your shares" or something like that. Tyrone has no intention of selling his shares because of what Kevin done.
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he can't afford to leave the garage?
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think some of the people in this thread must be living in a different country to me. There is a recession on and jobs are hard to come by, Tyrone has a mortgage to pay and half-owns a business, that pays that mortgage along with his other bills. Why should he lose his business, and probably his home as well, if he then defaulted on his mortgage, just because of what Kevin did? :confused:

He could let Kevin buy him out and pay off some or all of his mortgage with the proceeds, but he would still need to find a job that pays as much as owning a garage does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    There's several reasons he hasn't left the garage:
    *To spite Kevin, because Kevin wants to buy him out.
    *It's what he's always known-everything else has changed and this is the one thing that's stayed the same
    *Where else would he work??
    *It's very easy to get from home to work
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    If Tyrone left, he would have nowhere to work because no one on the Street can work anywhere else :p

Indeed:D
  • ChickletteChicklette Posts: 5,500
    Forum Member
    I think there's also an element of pride with Tyrone as well - this is the business he's put his heart and soul into and he's not going to let Kevin take that away from him.