Is anyone uncomfortable with black women routinely being demonised on this show

BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Alexandra getting ripped for daring to give opinions as a guest Judge.

Misha B being ripped for everything for weeks, and paying the price for it in the bottom 2.

Kelly being lambasted for being ill and called a "phony" for having a sick voice, among other things she getting crap for.

Does anyone feel that black women have to be incredibly bland to avoid this sort of treatment? I shudder to think how people would react to Tulisa's behavior if she was a black woman (calling herself "the female boss", shoving her tattoos in people's faces and other behavior that would be deemed "arrogant" and offensive when done by a black lady). Tulisa gets some criticism of course, but it feels tame. I think it'd be much uglier if she was black.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    You know what, I didn't want to say it but............ :X
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet Alexandra Burke was pretty much adored on her during XF5 and has a huge fanbase here, and Rebecca Ferguson was the runner up last year and again, is loved here? And the fact Cher and Katie weren't black yet were DESPISED?
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um, have you not read the memo - there is no racism in England, and "playing the race card" is annoying and insulting?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ME....but don't dare tell anyone here. They don't think any of it stems from latent racism or bigotry of any kind.
  • TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But people have reacted to Tulisa's attitude, tatoos, and nicknames... and they were far from positive. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    U mad?
  • geekaysgeekays Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tell me about it.....all these people calling kelly "fake" should looks at themselves in the mirror..oh yes misha is a bully based on some baselles rumours..and yes alexandra thinks she is all that..and the hatrage on twitter was horrible and yet tulisa get the praise.......there have been so many mean threads about kelly and her illness and thats not fair.....
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry so wrong

alexandra - leona - JLS - rebecca

very few black acts make live shows but when they do - they do very well.
  • AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    In 7 series, the top female has only been white twice.

If anything the X Factor audience have issues with white women.
  • LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boxfresh wrote: »

Misha B being ripped for everything for weeks, and paying the price for it in the bottom 2.

Kelly being lambasted for being ill and called a "phony" for having a sick voice, among other things she getting crap for.

Does anyone feel that black women have to be incredibly bland to avoid this sort of treatment? I shudder to think how people would react to Tulisa's behavior if she was a black woman (calling herself "the female boss", shoving her tattoos in people's faces and other behavior that would be deemed "arrogant" and offensive when done by a black lady). Tulisa gets some criticism of course, but it feels tame. I think it'd be much uglier if she was black.
    oh so I'm not the only one who's notice this then,I knew that there was others who felt the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    over dramatic post!
  • misulicamisulica Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    Um, have you not read the memo - there is no racism in England, and "playing the race card" is annoying and insulting?

:D Boxfresh, I agree with you 100%.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca wasn't liked on here at all, a lot disliked her and said she was a shit singer with a nice tone and was dull etc..
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mischa was one for Halloween wasn't she? :P

I am a bit curious as to why they replaced Kelly with another black woman, like they all look the same to the audience so they won't notice :D

I think we should give people some credit. I haven't seen any racism, just bitching.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry so wrong

alexandra - leona - JLS - rebecca

very few black acts make live shows but when they do - they do very well.

And the black females that don't get any sh****t are meek little mouses. i.e. Leona and Rebecca. don't get me wrong, they're both talented but they have no discernable personalties whatsoever.
  • LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alicey wrote: »

And some people on this forum, have issues with Black women
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ain't a racist but...
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Boxfresh wrote: »

Tulisa gets moaned about like they do! She's seen as useless sometimes, then better at others.

Every single judge has been moaned about white or black. So has every contestant. It's been pick on Frankie week this week and last time I checked he was still white.

Stop being the person who has to bring up the race thing every time. Your point is foolish and incorrect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole isn't black

Cher Lloyd isn't black

Katie Waissel isn't black

Tulisa isn't black

I'm sure racism exists, but just because a black woman is disliked it doesn't mean it's racism. Maybe she just bugs?
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Well even Treyc was quiet as a mouse and she was called bland. Cant win. You have to have a super personality along with an astonishing voice just to be liked as much as someone like Janet.
    If you're mixed race its a different matter
  • Timothy BryceTimothy Bryce Posts: 1,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alicey wrote: »

Yes Cherl Cole, Cher Lloyd, Katie Waistell, Kitty...
  • statelessstateless Posts: 1,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loads of black people do well in X Factor. There is always bitching and competition. It's silly to think that people have issue with Kelly because she's black and so on. Why are you grouping together these events and automatically putting it down to race? It's insulting to people, black, white and somewhere inbetween..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Kelly is rightly getting ripped into. Jetting off to America with a clean bill of health & then all of a sudden is struck down with a life-threatening sore throat?!! Come on.

So is Rufus Hound a racist I'm presuming? Tinchy Stryder said he agreed with some of his comments too so does that mean Tinchy is also racist then?! The mind boggles.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about all the comments made about a member of Little Mix...and Janet...Chair last year...and Katie...and lets not forget everyone's favourite hate target Biffa Cole...

All the contestants and all the judges cop it on here. I think it's more to do with there being a huge variety of personal tastes on here rather that anyone having an issue with skin colour.
  • Queen BooQueen Boo Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    totally disagree. Given the ethnic make up of the population as a whole, non-white is actually over-represented on X Factor. If mirroring the % in the population at large, there would be fewer than one non-white per 10 white. I think if anything they're running scared of appearing racist and ride roughshod over the whites instead.
This discussion has been closed.