Options

Daily Mail witchhunt of Will. I.A.M: racism or xenophobia?

2»

Comments

• Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tewingirl wrote: »
    Amanda Platell is a truly disgusting woman, but then she was hired as that monster William Hague's spin doctor.

Great irony! Amanda tells it like it is with Alesha and you complain in the same breath as calling William Hague a monster.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't find the piece you're all complaining about. The piece I've read is absolutely straightforward about his using his phone. Is the Mail or the posters who have the problem?
  • Options
    BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't find the piece you're all complaining about. The piece I've read is absolutely straightforward about his using his phone. Is the Mail or the posters who have the problem?

It's not one "piece" that's being complained about. It's a relentless campaign against Will.I.A.M that has been going on for several months now at the Daily Mail. From stories about his tweets, from stories about him nearly "coming to blows with Jessie J" (they all but implied he was ready to hit her), to stories about him using his Jacket for subliminal advertising...it's ridiculous. I'd be very surprised if you could find one positive Daily Mail article focusing on Will.I.A.M written in the last few months. But it's pretty damned easy to find all the negative hit pieces on him.
  • Options
    TewingirlTewingirl Posts: 2,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're probably digging up some dirt on Ruth Brown and Jaz Ellington as we speak.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boxfresh wrote: »
    It's not one "piece" that's being complained about. It's a relentless campaign against Will.I.A.M that has been going on for several months now at the Daily Mail. From stories about his tweets, from stories about him nearly "coming to blows with Jessie J" (they all but implied he was ready to hit her), to stories about him using his Jacket for subliminal advertising...it's ridiculous. I'd be very surprised if you could find one positive Daily Mail article focusing on Will.I.A.M written in the last few months. But it's pretty damned easy to find all the negative hit pieces on him.

I'll take your word for it. The original OP referred to today's Daily Mail so I looked it up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're probably digging up some dirt on Ruth Brown and Jaz Ellington as we speak.

Why would they?
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Here's one Daily Mail article calling him "aggressive":
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2124894/The-Voice-bosses-order-tone-Jessie-J-row.html
  • Options
    BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    achro wrote: »

Ahhh...don't you just love the Daily Mail and their subliminally loaded "codewords" for their readers to work with.

Aggressive=Black Male, run for the hills. He might beat up poor little white girl Jessie J. PROTECT YOUR DAUGHTERS from this violent beast:D

Will.I.A.M doesn't appear to have an aggressive bone in his body, so he really kills that stereotype.
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ishina wrote: »
    The Daily Fail will say anything to get traffic.

Exactly! I am sure that they are aware that they get at least as many online visits from those who despise them, as from those who lap up everything they say.
  • Options
    TewingirlTewingirl Posts: 2,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would they?

Have you seen the title of this thread?
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Pulp fiction. Nuff said.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun's vendetta against The Voice is also rather bizzare. Alot of media outlets seem to be hell bent on having this show fail.

Completely agree. Is Simon Cowell an editor?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you seen the title of this thread?

Yes, which was why I joined to find out what everyone was on about. I still don't know other than some rather odd ranting!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    achro wrote: »

Sorry, but what is racist about that?
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    I thought this when I read about him being "aggressive" to Jessie J, not been on there since but nice to see it's continued :rolleyes: The fact that not even their over-sensitive readers are running with the stereotype means he must be inoffensive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weren't the Sun doing a daily 'expose' about Cowell being a sex fiend over Dannii, Cheryl and Alesha last week though we know he's gay as a picnic basket? I've never used so many baff bags in my life...

Where do "we know" this? Have you some kind of inside knowledge or just anything you've read on the Internet?

Simon Cowell has addressed this and denied it.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Where do "we know" this? Have you some kind of inside knowledge or just anything you've read on the Internet?

Simon Cowell has addressed this and denied it.

Because Simon Cowell is 100% honest in everything he does. :rolleyes:

I don't know for sure if he is or he isn't, but I'm sure not taking the words of him or his spin doctors as gospel.