Options

Cameron to renege on tax return publication

swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
In 2012 Cameron and Osborne said they would publish the tax returns of senior cabinet ministers after refusing to state whether they would personally benefit from the reduction in the top rate of tax

Looks like they're going to renege on the promise.......

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jan/18/no-plans-to-publish-david-camerons-tax-return

Comments

• Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normally, I would ask the question, "what have they got to hide," but I think we all know what it would be.
  • Options
    MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally, I would ask the question, "what have they got to hide," but I think we all know what it would be.

Do you think he has got a second job that we don't know about?:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MartinP wrote: »

Maybe that would explain his lack ability to concentrate on making this country a better place to live.

But I think it is more the fact that he doesn't want the public to know how many of then have benefited from the tax break, how many of them are receiving money from healthcare companies and other privatised industries.
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    In 2012 Cameron and Osborne said they would publish the tax returns of senior cabinet ministers after refusing to state whether they would personally benefit from the reduction in the top rate of tax

Looks like they're going to renege on the promise.......

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jan/18/no-plans-to-publish-david-camerons-tax-return

There's a shocker !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe that would explain his lack ability to concentrate on making this country a better place to live.

But I think it is more the fact that he doesn't want the public to know how many of then have benefited from the tax break, how many of them are receiving money from healthcare companies and other privatised industries.

Your post makes no sense. Are now you are accusing MPs of lying and failing to declare
    income on the Commons register of members' interests? There would be a lot of detail in that from companies paying them but no detail in tax returns :confused:
  • Options
    Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole debate about tax avoidance/evasion corruption should be reopened over this lie.
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical.

It gets me angry that things like this are never highlighted to any large degree by the media.

All the while we have days about someone eating a bacon sandwich ffs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything about the Tories gets you angry, Jol...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything about the Tories gets you angry, Jol...

No true. There's some policies I support. I'm not derailing this thread to go into them though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    No true. There's some policies I support. I'm not derailing this thread to go into them though.

Why not start a thread titled "Tory policies I support"?
    I bet you won't ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see this has been seeped out off the back of a load of Tory propaganda pap about Labour.

Someone needs to hold these two pipsqeekes to account.
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    They say things are complicated by issues of confidentiality, but they are not complicated if the people give permission, so they are saying i dont want the public to see by not giving permission. So the truth is they are holding back on giving thier permission
  • Options
    AndyCopenAndyCopen Posts: 2,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see the full financial details of the tax dodge the Millibands pulled over their marxist father "Red Ralphs" estate
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shows how cowardly these corporate fascists REALLY ARE then!
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Cameron, Miliband and Clegg all have in common is that they all earn less than their wifes. Even if they don't personally earn over the £150,000 threshold there is no doubt that their wifes will so all of their households will benefit.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

They live in taxpayer funded accommodation and rent their own homes out for a tidy sum. I believe Osborne rents his Notting Hill house out for a cool £10k month.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/george-osborne-rakes-10k-month-2800557

That alone takes him way way above the 45p threshold when you add on his government earnings. So cynical!

He also made a tidy profit of £400k when he sold his constituency home which we had been paying £21k a year towards the mortgage interest for - not that he had the decency to pay that back.

Despite coming from a very wealthy family he and Cameron claimed every penny they could get in expenses. Lecturing others on benefits while pocketing every penny you can in taxpayer handouts when you don't need it! All legal but morally disgraceful!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/9694923/George-Osborne-makes-400K-profit-on-constituency-home.html
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could all forum members please post their tax returns here?

I'd like to see what everybody here earns !
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

As far as I know no forum members have made a promise that they would publish their tax returns.......
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why they should they? Did anyone here promise to do that in the interests of transparency? it was a stupid pledge from Cameron in the first place and there was no precedence with previous PMs ever doing that. Still he tried to make a political point about transparency so let's see him take the lead. Perhaps all politicians will follow suit. After all they are supposed to be serving us and not themselves.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    As far as I know no forum members have made a promise that they would publish their tax returns.......

Nor do we want to run the country or lecture others on benefits while claiming the maximum taxpayer funds you could get yourself despite already being very wealthy.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh. Tories doing a U turn. How unexpected.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Politician breaks a promise? In other news, the Pope is Catholic and bears shit in the woods.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Net Nut wrote: »
    The whole debate about tax avoidance/evasion corruption should be reopened over this lie.

Don't hold your breath.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndyCopen wrote: »
    I would like to see the full financial details of the tax dodge the Millibands pulled over their marxist father "Red Ralphs" estate

The perfectly legal and usual deferment they used, the one nearly every family uses when they are faced with an inheritance tax bill?

You do realise, of course, that the deferment will probably mean they will end up paying more inheritance tax, than if they had paid it on their father's death. I suppose you forgot about that, when you decided to create your smoke screen.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Nor do we want to run the country or lecture others on benefits while claiming the maximum taxpayer funds you could get yourself despite already being very wealthy.

Just about everybody on here does that.