Forum Member
    MaxCherry wrote:
    Popbitch showed how hypocritical the Sun actually is :rolleyes:

>> A week in racism <<
    It's not just Jade Goody

Jade on Shilpa Shetty: "Shilpa Poppadom"

The Sun headline for Chinese snooker star
    Ding Junghui: "Pot Noodle"
    Nicky Campbell had one of the Sun's editors on the back foot with that Pot Noodle line on the radio last week when the Sun published that cover.

The editor kept saying that it wasn't derogatory and was just a bit of fun, totally different from the Shilpa line. I realise the context was different but it's still making fun out of Ding's ethnic origin for no good reason.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    er.... didn't the Sun have a big DSBB sponsor banner?

where's it gorn? own up - who chased the Sun away??
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was probably just for the duration of Celeb BB. Thank god it's gone - it was pretty hideous!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    JamieBarry wrote:
    I've always found the Sun to be the most disgustingly bias and racist crap to have ever come into print.

When they countered the exlusive Shilpa interview in the Mirror with a front page with every racial slur under the sun, I felt they went down to an all time low. The article was utter crap and not even topical or interesting in the slightest.

I felt it was convenient of them to have racial slurs for all races except the home nation.

I agree,i did not see it but i heard about that cover on this site and was disgusted.It wasn't news just attention grabbing.They were exploiting the children who posed with those banners to sensationalise a serious issue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    angella wrote:
    ). Sick of the sunQUOTE]

FGS..I thought this thread was going to be a campaign for endless darkness :o