The Adam Lambert Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• TwizzyTwizzy Posts: 7,054
    Forum Member
    Hello!!

I'm just home briefly from Birmingham and Manchester before going to London tomorrow. Have had so much fun and met so many lovely people. Manchester show in particular was just epic! Adam was in such a good mood, very chatty and really silly at times :D:D And of course the singing was quite good as well :p

Suz has videos from Manchester here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8kSszOgEw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Hope all goes well for the Glasgow show tonight and anyone going gets there safely and has a good time :)
  • Roddy's TeddyRoddy's Teddy Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at the tweeters it appears to have been an eventful day for those attempting to get to Glasgow. I think there will be a few fewer souls there tonight than planned. You probably did the right thing, Twizzy, in giving Glasgow a miss!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Just back from Glasgow...

Our boy can sing, dance, is incredibly seeeexyyyyyy. That stage was way too small for him!

Strut - indeed.:eek::o:D

Oh that tongue:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Home again, home again!

It was amazing. Awesome.Fabulous.

I nearly socked the girl behind me in the jaw during Soaked, though, as her loud droning voice drowned out Adam. Fortunately I think someone else must have hit her first.

Tonight's encore was 20th Century Boy.

I am so glad I have had the chance to go and see Adam in such a small venue. I hope all of you going to Glasgow and London enjoy it as much as I did :)

Think she was behind me too. She had her friend on the phone as well, listening in.:D
  • AnneUKAnneUK Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No news yet on stage times at Shepherd's Bush Empire. Those who have seen the other shows, is there a support band? What time was our boy on stage?
  • Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, just thought I'd pop my review in from Manchester, it's lengthy but I do like to be thorough to try and keep the memories alive longer:)

Pre Amble:
    Having persuaded my lovely boyfriend to come along to a show that wasn't entirely his cup of tea, I knew I couldn't force him to queue all day so we decided to leave Liverpool for Manchester aiming to get there about 6/6.30ish and keep queuing time to a minimum, given the sub zero temperatures on Saturday, I whole heartedly applaud those who queued for HOURS on end.
    Unfortunately we totally picked the wrong time to be going to be to Manchester as hundreds of very happy Man United fans joined the train on their way back from Manchester United, I have literally never seen so many REAL Man U fans, ie those who actually go to the games :lol: And these were the hardcore fans chanting and running rampage through the carriages, when the songs got anti Liverpool in nature, my boyfriend and couple of other proud scousers wisely decided to keep schtum.
    Oxford Road Station was again teaming with loud football fans so we quickly started making our way to the venue, turns out it was only a 5-10 min walk and as we got there just before 6.30ish there was a pretty lengthy queue ahead of us. Even with just a hour or so to wait, it was utter torture because it really was FREEZING. There were some brave souls in skimpy skirts and some prepared fans at the front with tin foil body wraps and blankets. By the time doors opened at 7.30pm, I was just as excited to get WARM as I was to see Adam.

I've never been to a venue where they check your ticket so much on the way in too! We were directed up the stairs and told to turn immediately right. No wonder, a quick glimpse to the left and OH MY GOD, THERE HE IS! Just a few feet away meeting and greeting fans who had meet and greet tickets. Naturally people, stared swooned and generally stalled as soon as they clapped eyes on him and security was desperately trying to keep the fans moving.
    Eventually tearing my eyes away, we were ushered into what was easily the smallest venue I've ever been to see an artist at. The school hall at my old workplace was bigger than this! We managed to be about 4/5 rows back in the middle but it soon became clear any view in this room was going to be OK. People seemed well up for it and I heard a few people commenting on being surprised at the diversity of the audience, for obvious reasons it was pre dominantly female and young gay males but there were more than a few couples of varying ages, plenty of husbands and boyfriends accompanying their ladies, which was somewhat reassuring for MY boyfriend to see, genuinely believing he might well have been the only straight male in the crowd.
    This was Glam Nation and girls and boys alike certainly glammed it up with lashings of eye make up, finger less gloves and interesting outfits complete with flourescent bracelets and head gear, the young support act got things going with a lively upbeat set and people started getting into a party mood, as party anthems from the likes of Pink, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Scissor Sisters boomed out the sound system, the atmosphere ramped up further with girls singing and dancing along like they were at a club night, by the time, the definite anthem 'I've Got a Feeling' came on, we knew that tonight certainly was going to be a very good night.

GIG TIME

As technicians hurried about the stage, readying equipment, the excitement in the crowd was reaching fever pitch with some beginning chants for Adam to appear, the minutes ticked by as record after record played and as people were getting down to Michael Jackson's 'Beat It', the lights suddenly went down and the screams went up, Adam's entrance was now imminent. As the band and dancers filtered on to the stage, by the time Adam was illuminated in the impressive stage lighting, the screams in Manchester Academy were deafening as he treated us to the opening lyrics of Voodoo, the excitement was palpable, for many the first glimpse of a long admired artist, flashbulbs were going off everywhere and then the show just exploded as Adam quickly segued into For Your Entertainment, the whole crowd just came alive at this point as Adam strutted around the stage, and what a sexy show! Adam sure knows how to work a crowd, and as the laser lights flash and the dancers grind, we know we are in for a hell of a show. The songs come thick and fast and the crowd know every word 'To Down The Rabbit Hole'.

It's very clear that everyone who is there is almost with no exceptions absolutely head over heels for Mr Lambert, even my boyfriend who is as far from a fan as possible is somewhat MESMERIZED and not just by the sexy female dancers :lol: Adam just OOZES sex appeal and he demands your attention, you just absolutely cannot take your eyes off him. A true showman and that's without even mentioning the sensational vocals. From where I am about half way back it sounds flawless. Adam chats a little and then it is straight back into the show, of all his American Idol performances, I must confess his 'Ring of Fire' wasn't my favourite but it just sounds so sensuous and sexy, Adam gives the song a whole new twist, and it's quite delicious.

Fever is a real crowd pleaser, I LOVED this song on first listen to the album and the Lady Gaga written number is a massive favourite with many, again the song is sung along to with gusto particularly the gay couple next to me who delight in some dirty dancing themselves that might even make Adam blush! Everyone is having such fun, there's a lot of dancing and gyrating, Fever is an incredibly sexy song isn't it? Love it Love it Love it! And Adam's loving it too, he is WORKING that stage like a pro, it feels like it should be some massive stage show and shouldn't work on a stage that is barely big enough to stage a school nativity but somehow it does, the lasers make for an incredible atmosphere.

Sleepwalker again has people singing along, some fist punching, the guy along from me is singing with such passion, with eyes only for Adam, that a single tear streaks down his perfectly made up face, it might possibly be the best moment of his life, as far as he's concerned it's just him Adam, it's quite beautiful and rare to see such passion for an artist displayed so vividly, his emotions are matched all around me, everyone truly knows all the words, make no mistake you can feel the love in this room for Mr Lambert. Some have waited so long to see him, and for some their dedication knows no bound as the South African ladies to my right can testify.

Whataya Want From Me is my absolute favourite it's just a bloody good song and I LOVE the acoustic version we get, Adam sings it absolutely beautifully, just gorgeous. I even catch my boyfriend singing along by the second chorus, but stops when I clock him, ha busted!

There is absolutely no doubt about the stand out moment of the night, from the opening bars to the final epic note, Soaked is an absolute masterpiece of a song and the performance Adam gives in Manchester more than does it justice and some. Adam's voice at times is haunting as he gives it his absolute all, all around people are stunned into silence, just content to listen to the beautiful vocals, you could hear a pin drop. It is absolutely stunning and the applause that follows is, long and loud and fully deserved.Actually spine tingling and I realise I actually have a tear or two streaking my face this time, for our friend in the crowd, he is fully overcome with emotion. An outstanding moment in an incredible evening.

We continue with the more stripped back sound with Aftermath which is a perfect follow up to Soaked, before picking up the pace again with the punchy 'Sure Fire Winners' Adam is in his pomp again as he struts around and the dancers cavort, he seems completely overwhelmed with the fans passion and shouts out cheekily that there's a lot of hot men in the room, which naturally caused a great many screams, and waving, I must concur with Adam's assessment here too, there was a lot of hotness in that room. He mentions his great many female fans and acknowledges he wouldn't be here without them, and then shouts out to all the straight guys in the room, for having their shit together and being secure enough with themselves to come to such a show.

I've said it many times here in my review but the word to sum it all up has to be sexy! Adam oozes sex appeal with every pore and this is never better demonstrated than with Strut. He sings about 'wanting to see you strut' and there's plenty of men and women strutting their sexy stuff as Adam and the gorgeous dancers do likewise, he invites us all to dance and out comes the cane, and oh my, who knew dancing with a cane could be so sexy and in a pop world filled with artists who can't combine performance with great singing, Adam ably demonstrates how to do both as he WORKS that stage from side to side and cavorts with dancers, never letting the vocals slip. Said it before and I'll say it again. Showman. Strut he certainly does.

Time is rapidly running by, and it's with overwhelming sadness I realise Mr Lambert will be leaving us soon but not before delivering a show stopping finale, Music Again is finely appreciated before If I Had You has everybody up and dancing not before Adam gives a lovely little speech about romance, asking who's being in love and saying how you would know what it felt like. I hold onto my boyfriend just a bit tighter. It's here Adam makes sure his incredible band get the credit they deserve, taking the time to introduce each component separately, the dancers follow suit and the crowd recognises everyone's effort as they take their bow following an exhilarating If I Had You, Adam is grinning from ear to ear and there is a deafening crescendo as he leaves the stage. The crowd want more, screaming for one final encore and when Adam re emerges he performs that final show stopping number a cover of T Rex's '20th Century Boy'. Glam Nation indeed. It's the climax to an exhilarating evening and we leave having seen one heck of a show, back out in the freezing Manchester air, I take a call from my friend lamenting the generally poor performances she has just seen on X Factor and it's that that makes me realise what an honour and privilege it has been to see a truly PHENOMENAL talent show find with the X Factor in spades in such an intimate setting. As she bemoans the joke that is Wagner and the OTT praise heaped on the very mediocre, I feel incredibly fortunate to have witnessed who I believe to be a genuine superstar. In some ways it's truly a shame that such a spectacular show is on such a small scale, it would be truly sensational on a bigger stage. It was ironically the least I've paid for gig tickets in a long time for this show but I would happily have paid more. Adam Lambert's Glam Nation tour is truly worth every penny.

Such a long post but I always like to be thorough, it helps me to keep my memories alive for as long as possible, there's always negatives and unfortunately it was the drunken idiots this time that very nearly spoilt the evening. We started the gig in the middle a few rows back but ended up much further back, so much so that towards the end we got accused of pushing in front of someone because we wasn't there before! But yes from her perspective we did move but only to escape the monster drunk who could barely stand on her own two feet, after being swayed into and nearly knocked over a few times, the lady who complained realised it wasn't our fault at all and apologised, there's always someone who gets completely blotto at gigs and ruins it for people, by all means have a drink and have fun but this woman couldn't even stand, it was dangerous for her and for those around her to remain there, finally the people around them saw sense and took her out but her constant stumbling into me and thus me falling into others nearly ruined the evening. As if that wasn't enough someone was kicked out during Soaked of all songs, and as they wrestled with him to drag out, I got a hefty kick on the shin, trying to move out of the way, nice. Fortunately these incidents did not spoil the night but it's moments like these that remind me why I HATE standing gigs!

If I could have one teeny miniscule complaint about the show it's that Mad World and Whole Lotta Love weren't featured, which I was a tad disappointed about but I guess a girl couldn't have everything.:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Nicola37 wrote: »
    Hello, just thought I'd pop my review in from Manchester, it's lengthy but I do like to be thorough to try and keep the memories alive longer:)

Hey Nicola37, thx for the review.

I saw Adam as well in Koln, and well, it does affect your xfactor experience on saturday night. I really liked all the XF acts, but now I find it so... boring, generic and mediocre compared to the show Adam gave...:confused:
    Forum Member
    Nicola, thank you for your brilliant review :) I think overall Manchester was my favourite of the 3 shows I went to so I really enjoyed your recap and thoughts about it :)

I have so many fantastic memories of the whole adventure, but I'm feeling a bit sad that it's all over at the moment :cry: Post-Adam blues lol

Plus we have really thick snow where I live in Surrey :eek: :eek: which is always quaranteed to make me feel fed up!
  • allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some photos from the show last night!

http://bit.ly/eIrW3K

:)
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all :) I got back late this afternoon, and have not long woken up after only 4 hours of sleep, when it actually felt like I'd slept for about 12 hours, so I was a bit surprised to find out it was only 9.30pm!! :eek: I hate jet lag :( :sleep: Though, not sure what's worse - jet lag or coming back home to freezing cold weather and snow, especially after having had such lovely weather in Vegas!

Thanks for all the updates so far on the UK shows, and fun to read your reviews Nicola37 and Jana_M. Looking forward to catching up with the videos, and I'm hoping that the E! THS pops up on Youtube, as I don't have the channel on my telly.

Just popped onto Twitter and found this link from The Guardian with a review of the London show

I liked this bit
    His first major London gig was a display of drama mixed with soul-saturated vocals, placing him closer to Boy George and Freddie Mercury than to the anodyne entities that infest TV talent shows.

And, also, here's a rather gorgeous pic of Adam after the London gig, looking rather stylish whilst signing autographs in the freezing cold

Hope everyone that went to the UK gigs had a fabulous time - I've no doubt you all did :D :cool: (I'm so jealous :cry:)

Right now I'm watching Olly Murs Revealed on ITV (there's nothing else on :o) but they've played snippets of Sleepwalker and DTRH as the background music whilst we watch Olly on his post-XF journey to pop stardom..lol :p

And also, IIHY was being played on one of the sidewalk sound systems whilst I was walking along the Vegas Strip, so I managed to get a little Adam fix whilst I was away :D

Right then, I'm off to try and catch some more sleep....zzzz
    Forum Member
    Welcome back linny! :D

Thanks for the link to the Guardian review :)

There's another great review in the Times today. I haven't got a direct link but it was tweeted here.

I like this bit
    Yet Lambert should be ideal for British audiences. Theatrical, controversial, good-looking and openly gay, with an armoury of smart, punchy songs penned for him by the likes of Pink and Lady Gaga, he is the natural successor to Robbie Williams and, judging by his breathtaking show at Shepherds Bush Empire, as f lamboyantly fabulous a performer as Freddie Mercury. From the moment that Lambert strode down a set of four steps in an outfit that Tim Burton might have dreamt up for Johnny Depp — from his sparkly top hat poked a red feather, his shredded, claret-coloured jacket had furry epaulettes and his flares hid his feet — it was impossible to tear your eyes off him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    That's it, I need to get that accoustic EP! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twizzy wrote: »
    Welcome back linny! :D

Thanks for the link to the Guardian review :)

There's another great review in the Times today. I haven't got a direct link but it was tweeted here.

I like this bit

Thanks Twizzy, Hope you got home ok. OH What night eh:D;) Words cannot explain how much the magical spell of an artist called Adam Lambert overwhelmed me emotionally and spiritually. He took me to another place from the time he took to the stage until he left it.:D Nothing like it.

The Times review captured most of what I thought. I am aslo happy that the reviewer mentiioned the non-radio play.:rolleyes::p

Till then

Later

Babeth
    x
  • rosiedevonrosiedevon Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    Don't forget Adam is on E! tonight channel 151 on sky

The E! True Hollywood StoryWednesday 01 December
    8:00pm - 9:00pm
    E!
    Adam Lambert
    Profile of American Idol runner-up and singer-songwriter Adam Lambert.
    Forum Member
    babeth wrote: »
    Thanks Twizzy, Hope you got home ok. OH What night eh:D;) Words cannot explain how much the magical spell of an artist called Adam Lambert overwhelmed me emotionally and spiritually. He took me to another place from the time he took to the stage until he left it.:D Nothing like it.

The Times review captured most of what I thought. I am aslo happy that the reviewer mentiioned the non-radio play.:rolleyes::p

Till then

Later

Babeth
    x

Hello Babeth :) I got home okay, thank you, but have been snowed in here since then so I did the right thing making the mad dash home! I'm glad you enjoyed the show :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam has received a Grammy nomination for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for WWFM!!!! How fantastic is that? :D :cool:

Also in the category are Michael Buble, Bruno Mars, John Mayer and Michael Jackson.

Here's the lists for all the categories and nominees

Woooohooooo..... What a fab way to kick off the new year for him!! It'll be fab to see him walking down that red carpet!!!

Yayyy!!! Throwing glitter everywhere :):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monte tweeted this fab little Glam Nation farewell tribute video. Ahhh, I can't believe how quickly the last 6 months have suddenly gone!!

And, to add to the Grammy noms, Rob Cavallo and Dr Luke have also been nominated as the producers for some of the album tracks on FYE (amongst other artists' tracks too)

Check noms category #92 for their noms: Grammy noms
    Forum Member
    linnylou wrote: »
    Adam has received a Grammy nomination for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for WWFM!!!! How fantastic is that? :D :cool:

Also in the category are Michael Buble, Bruno Mars, John Mayer and Michael Jackson.

Here's the lists for all the categories and nominees

Woooohooooo..... What a fab way to kick off the new year for him!! It'll be fab to see him walking down that red carpet!!!

Yayyy!!! Throwing glitter everywhere :):):)

That's brilliant! That was the news I was hoping to see when I woke up this morning - YAY!! :D:D

Hope you recover from the jetlag soon linny - you were up late/early :eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's great news Twizzy!

LOL I know my post was a bit early this morning. I slept for 12 hours from 1pm yesterday, which is why I'm up early this morning! Luckily, I'm not back to work for a few days yet, but I think my body clock's getting back to normal (sort of).

I do like watching the Grammy's so I'll be looking forward to it even more now. And, how funny is it that Adam was presenting the fashion side of it on the red carpet earlier this year, but will now be actually walking it this time round? :cool:

Looks like we'll be having a late night streaming party that night :D
    Mind you, I know the red carpet will be streamed, but do the actual awards get streamed? I can't remember if they did or not back in Feb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink gives Adam a mention in her Access Hollywood interview with Billy Bush, talking about WWFM. She says he can hit notes she can't and that he sings it much better than she does.

It's here from 5:15 onwards

Adam also got a nice little sales boost for IIHY and also for FYE during the Thanksgiving holidays. It'll be interesting to see if the Grammys gives a sales boost to the FYE and acoustic albums as well.

And, Adam just tweeted about his nomination!! LOL :D

adamlambert
    Woah!!! Just got the news! A Grammy nomination?!?! I'm floored and honored. There are no words....
    10 minutes ago
    Forum Member
    linnylou wrote: »
    Looks like we'll be having a late night streaming party that night :D
    Mind you, I know the red carpet will be streamed, but do the actual awards get streamed? I can't remember if they did or not back in Feb.

I've put the date in my diary :D

Are the awards shown live on TV in the US? If they are, I'm sure someone will find a way to stream them....this is the Adam Lambert fandom after all lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi all, finally back lol maybe no ones noticed but my computer died (or may be i killed it?:o) what a time to be off line, anyway managed to console myself by going to birm, man and london:eek::o:D had a fantastic time i love ADAM FREAKING LAMBERT even more now if that were at all possible! he voice was fantastic and his showmenship outstanding, he was so sweet on the meet and greet to, he is so intuitive of people (imo) took control of me as i turned into a giggling mess:o grapped my waist and held me infront of him for photo great memory and moment, met neil as well, he was quite masterful to must run in the family:p thanks twiz for your lovely company and all the other people i met, names are all messed in my head now:confused:
    So pleased about the grammy award im so proud:)
    welcome back linny missed you, ment to ask adam to do shout out to you but in my giggling mess i forgot:o
    off to order ep now and general catch up, hi to all the newbies to the thread lovely to hear your thoughts and experiences of all things adam:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Babeth :) I got home okay, thank you, but have been snowed in here since then so I did the right thing making the mad dash home! I'm glad you enjoyed the show :D

Thanks Twizzy.So sorry you are snowed in. Think about it you have time to post on here and get on with any outstanding loose ends.;):)

As I predicted elsewhere Adam has been nominnated. Woooohoooo:p:D:

I knew he would if the Grammys is about real talent and not autotuned voices.:rolleyes

What way to end the year!!

The only way is up for our boy. The AMA's, EMA or whatever you call them renders themselves irrelevant in my eyes.:rolleyes::(:p

Regards

Babeth
    x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've put the date in my diary :D

Are the awards shown live on TV in the US? If they are, I'm sure someone will find a way to stream them....this is the Adam Lambert fandom after all lol

I can't remember if they're shown live. I remember we were watching the red carpet last time around, but not sure if there was a link to the actual awards.
    loveambert wrote: »
    hi all, finally back lol maybe no ones noticed but my computer died (or may be i killed it? what a time to be off line, anyway managed to console myself by going to birm, man and london. had a fantastic time i love ADAM FREAKING LAMBERT even more now if that were at all possible! he voice was fantastic and his showmenship outstanding, he was so sweet on the meet and greet to, he is so intuitive of people (imo) took control of me as i turned into a giggling mess grapped my waist and held me infront of him for photo great memory and moment, met neil as well, he was quite masterful to must run in the family thanks twiz for your lovely company and all the other people i met, names are all messed in my head now:confused:
    So pleased about the grammy award im so proud
    welcome back linny missed you, ment to ask adam to do shout out to you but in my giggling mess i forgot:o
    off to order ep now and general catch up, hi to all the newbies to the thread lovely to hear your thoughts and experiences of all things adam

Have you finally got yourself a new PC then? :p

Aww, thanks for thinking of me, but I may need a while to forgive you for not asking Adam to give me a shout out ;):p

According to AO, the EP has sold out already. :( However, they are looking into getting more copies printed, although they probably won't come with the poster.

Now, can you all stop going on about your fabulous times at the shows, meeting and hugging and squeezing Adam, as I am extremely jealous and sad that I couldn't go, and I'm getting grumpy about it. :( (but, that's probably to do with the jet lag still playing me up :sleep:) :p
    Forum Member
    loveambert wrote: »
    hi all, finally back lol maybe no ones noticed but my computer died (or may be i killed it?) what a time to be off line, anyway managed to console myself by going to birm, man and london:eek::o: had a fantastic time i love ADAM FREAKING LAMBERT even more now if that were at all possible! he voice was fantastic and his showmenship outstanding, he was so sweet on the meet and greet to, he is so intuitive of people (imo) took control of me as i turned into a giggling mess:o grapped my waist and held me infront of him for photo great memory and moment, met neil as well, he was quite masterful to must run in the family:p thanks twiz for your lovely company and all the other people i met, names are all messed in my head now
    So pleased about the grammy award im so proud:)
    off to order ep now and general catch up, hi to all the newbies to the thread lovely to hear your thoughts and experiences of all things adam:D

Welcome back :p

I thought Neil was really funny :D I think he may have lost our pics though like he did the ones from Paris, as they're still not up :eek: Tbh I don't mind because I'm dreading mine, but it'd be a shame for everyone else - I'm looking forward to seeing yours, Adam had a very silly grin on his face lol