Options

Is the Daily Mail bullying Chelsee Healey?

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know it sounds ridiculous, but just hear me out. Literally every other week there is an article on their website attacking her fashion sense, and they are really, really spitefully written articles as well. I must admit I personally wouldn't choose to wear the things she does, but she's certainly not the worst dressed celebrity I've ever seen. Even most of the comments underneath from readers say that they think she is being bullied by them. Here is the most recent one:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2224683/Chelsee-Healey-commits-style-sin-time-stepping-jumpsuit-lace-curtains.html

It's like every time she steps out the DM will write an article attacking what she's wearing. And if you don't believe me here are some more articles saying basically the same thing as the last one:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2207537/Chelsee-Healey-opts-bizarre-leather-frill-peplum-combo-turns-waitress-evening.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2203988/Chelsee-Healey-upstaged-Charlotte-Dawson.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2208120/Inside-Soap-Awards-2012-worst-dressed-Chelsee-Healey-Tricia-Penrose-wrong-again.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2203082/Chelsee-Healey-steps-black-ensemble-racy-leather-skirt.html

Chelsee came across as a sweet and likable girl on Strictly. So what if she has a wacky dress sense? It's up to her what she wears. I can't help but think it's a class thing because when they are not attacking Chelsee they are fawning over that horsey faced freelaoder Pippa Middleton! Grrrr the Mail makes me so angry:mad:

Comments

• Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsee isn't the only one. The DM bullies every celebrity female if thinks is too fat, too thin, out with no make up, getting older, has wrinkles......

Kim Wilde doesn't look like she did 30 years ago, what a turn up for the books eh?
  • Options
    Chabby_BoonaChabby_Boona Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, but they are bullying the Middleton family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair though Chelsee does wear some horrible outfits. if she stopped and wore something more tasteful, perhaps the DM would shut up? Just a thought.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they force her to read the paper?
  • Options
    CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never heard of this botox-lipped z-lister until now. To be honest some of her outfits are a bit rough but the Mail does like to make unfair comments about womens appearance.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    To be fair though Chelsee does wear some horrible outfits. if she stopped and wore something more tasteful, perhaps the DM would shut up? Just a thought.

Why should she?

That's a classic, totally unhelpful, attitude people have to bullying victims- "if you just change everything about you, people won't pick on you".

I'd start being nice about the Daily Mail if they stopped being an intrusive, homophobic, misogynistic, racist, right wing rag but they won't so I will learn to deal with it... not post a snotty blog everytime they make an article that features all (and more) of the above.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should she?

That's a classic, totally unhelpful, attitude people have to bullying victims- "if you just change everything about you, people won't pick on you".

I'd start being nice about the Daily Mail if they stopped being an intrusive, homophobic, misogynistic, racist, right wing rag but they won't so I will learn to deal with it... not post a snotty blog everytime they make an article that features all (and more) of the above.

Oh keep your hair on. :D
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Oh keep your hair on. :D

Sorry, I just really hate the Daily Mail.

The only "star" in the country who deserves the same level of vitriol they heap on most women in their odious rag is Liz Jones. And she works for them!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe she dresses like that in order to garner attention from the rags, she wouldn't be the first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daily Mail tend to "bully" females full stop
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she dresses like that in order to garner attention from the rags, she wouldn't be the first.

That's what I thought! I've got nothing against Chelsee Healey - she won me over when she was on SCD and I didn't expect her to at first, but her style is outlandish to say the least!

A lot of these celebs who appear regularly in the rags often have PR tipping the paps off about the whereabouts of their celeb clients. The bottom line is I don't believe she'd be in the rags if she didn't want to be!

I didn't click on all the links from the OP but I clicked on the first link and it looked like she was posing for the photos.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    The Daily Mail only gets away with its Victorian attitudes because people buy the paper. The Mail Online is the most popular online newspaper.
    It's a horrible publication, truly horrible. If people ignored it, it really would go away.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She does, but she's not harming anyone is she?
  • Options
    saddossaddos Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Who is she never heard of her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does, but she's not harming anyone is she?

She's not harming anyone but she doesn't have to court media attention either does she?

I find it really hard to believe that the paps are following her around just to get a shot of her in one of her garish outfits! Somebody is tipping them off imo ;)
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Casual wrote: »
    I've never heard of this botox-lipped z-lister until now. To be honest some of her outfits are a bit rough but the Mail does like to make unfair comments about womens appearance.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    She's not harming anyone but she doesn't have to court media attention either does she?

I find it really hard to believe that the paps are following her around just to get a shot of her in one of her garish outfits! Somebody is tipping them off imo ;)

Should she not go out ? most of the places she is photgrapahed are places paps hang out , why should she not go there in order to miss out on being slagged off by the Daily Mail a paper most people would not wipe their backside on .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Should she not go out ? most of the places she is photgrapahed are places paps hang out , why should she not go there in order to miss out on being slagged off by the Daily Mail a paper most people would not wipe their backside on .

The paps hang out in places PR people tip them off to hang out in. She's been papped on her hols too. Did they just happen to be hanging out there?

As I said in the link I clicked she looked like she was posing for some of the shots.

And I never said she shouldn't go out but I do think it's possible for her to go about her business privately whatever outfits she chooses to wear! Other celebs manage to live private lives and still have a social life.

People can criticise the daily mail for their cheap shots at celebs all they like - I know I have, but it's a fact that many celebs crave publicity from the gutter press!
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »

...ever thought it could be Chelsee Healey?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...ever thought it could be Chelsee Healey?

I did hint that imo it was her PR ;)
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsee isn't the only one. The DM bullies every celebrity female if thinks is too fat, too thin, out with no make up, getting older, has wrinkles......

Kim Wilde doesn't look like she did 30 years ago, what a turn up for the books eh?

That's a joke that, seeing as Kim can clearly be seen slightly putting her head down as she puts her hair back.
  • Options
    skinleyskinley Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    FFS, no-one is bullying anyone. get a grip.
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Casual wrote: »

Botox is to get rid of wrinkles, it doesn't go into the lips. Collagen does.
  • Options
    ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it is not bullying
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Fail is a byword for hate. It's just a disgusting, ugly rag. Don't buy it.