Options

Can Nigella rebuild her reputation

FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So the Grillo sisters have been found not guilty. It looks to me the only one who was in the dock was Nigella carefully orchestrated by her rotting ex husband Saatchi.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/dec/20/nigella-lawson-charles-saatchi-grillo-fraud-trial

Personally, I feel Nigella can and will rebuild her reputation despite the nasty man trying to tarnish and blacken her due to her leaving him after what appears to have been years of abuse toward her and her taking her opportunity to flee his clutches. I wish Nigella well and wish Saatchi all he deserves. :kitty:

Comments

• Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure that this case will have done too much harm to Nigella...........in spite of her ex's efforts.
    It may even have won her a few more admirers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Of course she can, look how many people made excuses for her without any facts, now with facts and a jury choosing to believe the sister's and by default CS's version of events......they are still clamouring to defend her honour.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe Nigella will flourish now she is away from that horrible man.. He no doubt will try something else to destroy her and again will fail..
    Good luck to her
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Nigella will flourish now she is away from that horrible man.. He no doubt will try something else to destroy her and again will fail..
    Good luck to her

I'm sure we will never know just how bad it was for Nigella.
    She lost her first husband far too soon and then fell for a control freak.
    I sincerely wish her well in the future.
  • Options
    PerfumedDivaPerfumedDiva Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nigella lost her mother, then her sister (who was early 30s) to cancer. After all that she then nursed her husband through terminal cancer, even when he had his tongue removed. She then coped with widowhood and her children's grief.

Whilst I don't condone drug use, I can understand her needing a crutch. What I can't understand is her bullying husband who orchestrated this whole thing to destroy her. He's worth 100 million, he could have let it go.
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saatchi will never let her go. Gawd knows what the POS will pull out of the bag to trash her next, but it's already been planned for, you can bet on that.

I'm a part of #Teamcupcake all the way, go Nigella, go!! :cool:
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nigella lost her mother, then her sister (who was early 30s) to cancer. After all that she then nursed her husband through terminal cancer, even when he had his tongue removed. She then coped with widowhood and her children's grief.

Whilst I don't condone drug use, I can understand her needing a crutch. What I can't understand is her bullying husband who orchestrated this whole thing to destroy her. He's worth 100 million, he could have let it go.

Yep totally agree, also she has always earnt her own money. Kudos the best thing for her is to be away from him...probably. Power control freaks are all the same.
  • Options
    PerfumedDivaPerfumedDiva Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

• Options
    marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So she took some coke and smoked some pot, that's hardly the crime of the century.
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think all this has done much harm to her imo. OK, the drug use isn't the best look but I can't say I dislike her as a result. The story is essentially "Shock, horror, human being has skeletons in her closet". As much as I liked her I was never under the impression she was perfect, no one is. I hope this doesn't affect her career.
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's lost her reputation. She made some decisions that are questionable but as the old saying goes... " walk a mile in my shoes"
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her first husband seemed to be very supportive of her career. It's very sad he died so young. I love watching repeats of her Christmas shows, I find her captivating. I really don't care if she did drugs, her private life is her business.

Team cupcake all the way. I hope she can have a peaceful Christmas with her family.
  • Options
    lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it will affect her career one bit.
    She is a strong lady and will come through this, stronger than ever.
    I wish her well and hope to see some new cookery programmes from her
    in the near future.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the majority of people have sympathy for Nigella whether she took drugs or not. She has obviously suffered during her life with the deaths of various family members. I think she will be able to bounce back.

I've just read on another thread that it was Nigella who brought about the court case, not Saatchi. Is this true?
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mariets wrote: »
    So she took some coke and smoked some pot, that's hardly the crime of the century.

Exactly, her reputation doesn't need repairing in my opinion. In fact the way this fiasco of a trial has been handled by the court and by the media I like her even more.
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They say it might harm her US career ... but I doubt it.

Her UK career could skyrocket. She has never had such a high profile ..and most of the public have sympathy for her.

Every chatshow, every newspaper,every magazine would love to interview her. Every reality show on every channel would love to sign her. If she wanted to, she could vastly increase her earnings and profile.

Career wise it won't harm her one bit over here...quite the opposite.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be something more than a little "off" about Charles Saatchi.
  • Options
    mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like drugs, mostly because they tend to fund crime. However, given that half the rich and powerful people in London seem to be snorting coke on a regular basis - I can't be alone in not really giving a rat's posterior whether or not Nigella is one of them.

Martha Stewart has done jail time, she's still going strong.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I wasn't a fan before and this court case certainly hasn't endeared her to me. I find her presenting very false and the statement she made today, I thought sounded rather arrogant. Whether her career will be damaged remains to be seen, I think it will depend a lot on what stories the Grillo sisters sell to the press.
  • Options
    TweenyTweeny Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I wasn't a fan before and this court case certainly hasn't endeared her to me. I find her presenting very false and the statement she made today, I thought sounded rather arrogant. Whether her career will be damaged remains to be seen, I think it will depend a lot on what stories the Grillo sisters sell to the press.

The Grillos can say whatever they want it won't alter the fact that they are greedy freeloaders. I hope the Inland Revenue comes after them now as the £££ they spent would be seen as earnings or perks and they should have declared it as such and paid tax.
  • Options
    summer_chicksummer_chick Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't get over how the British legal system allowed the enitre case to be railroaded to decimate the woman's reputation , and the jury backed them up - the fact remains that they took gross advantage of a vulnerable woman, on the basis that she keep quiet. I hope those two money grabbing cows get everything coming to them, (and I don't mean the inevitable "nigella did " stories that will be splashed all over the front pages for the next while)
    I'm not a fan, but you can bet on me buying one or two of her books in the near future - her ex husband has completely miscalculated this one - the public don't like being manipulated - the only victims here are the girls who stole their money ... Just wait until they need a job .. Who in their right mind will ever hire them again !
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Nigella's reputation is perfectly fine.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure that this case will have done too much harm to Nigella...........in spite of her ex's efforts.
    It may even have won her a few more admirers.

It does appear that a bit of (successful) character assassination has been going on by the defendants and their legal representatives in order to escape prosecution. However, I don't think any serious or long term damage has been done and I'm sure Nigella has many successful years ahead of her.

In the meantime, some of Nigella's programmes can be seen on Food Network UK on the following channels: Freesat 403 & 404, Freeview 41, Sky 262 & 263 and Virgin Media 287.
  • Options
    LucyconLucycon Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    mirandaweb wrote: »

Martha Stewart has done jail time, she's still going strong.

But Martha Stewart went to jail for tax evasion. If it had been anything to do with drugs things might have turned out very differently for her.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucycon wrote: »
    But Martha Stewart went to jail for tax evasion. If it had been anything to do with drugs things might have turned out very differently for her.

Oprah Winfrey has admitted to drug abuse in the past, and she's still Queen of the US.