new daytime line up on radio 2 in october?

2»

Comments

• humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fetlz has a perfect face for radio
  • Apprentice 2 SAApprentice 2 SA Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    Of course Nicky was in line for the 12 till 2 show when Jeremy Vine got it. Perhaps he could be given another shot.

Shame Nicky didn't get it then.

Other ideas for other slots would be Mark Goodier - he'd make a good replacement for Ken Bruce when he goes - and I quite like Richard Allinson - he did a fine job of covering for Chris Evans at times recently. Also Johnnie Walker - he was great as a stand in for Breakfast - he'd be good full time there.
  • Nick GNick G Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it the case that Campbell was offered Jimmy Young's show but he turned it down because he thought he'd be interrupting serious news items with Carpenters records? The only likely change would involve Vanessa replacing Jeremy Vine but if that happens there's no need to create an extra 1..30 to 3.00 slot because you would already have a female daytime presenter. I'd like to see Simon Bates return to the early show but Sara Cox would most likely take over.
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee Morris wrote: »
    I can't believe this as there is cost cutting so why would Radio 2 bring in more presenters such as Mark Goodier, Kirsty Young, Harriet Scott and Margherita Taylor?, I would say that if there are going to be changes it will either just be:

1: Vanessa Feltz taking over from Jeremy Vine.

And, or

2: 11.30am Vanessa Feltz
    1.30pm Sara Cox
    3.00pm Steve Wright In the Afternoon
    5.00pm Simon Mayo

With the rest staying the same, apart from of course a change of presenter of the Early Show, maybe Richard Allinson?.

Why have you put in Sara at 1.30?
    The topical show at midday to 2pm is there, I am sure as for a lot of people it is lunch.
    I used to work 8am to 5pm and the lunch time was taken within that two hour slot.
    I do 2pm to 10pm, again that midday is 'lunch'.
    Radio 2, had this service remit in 2006. Has it change (5.2 is why you get the Jeremy Vine prog) http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/assets/files/pdf/regulatory_framework/service_licences/radio/radio_servicelicences/radio2_servicelicence_18dec2006.pdf