Options

2014 Celebs. Who do we think?

Comments

• Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Sandsss wrote: »
    Who will be the next celeb confirmed?

I reckon Caroline since she now seems certain in the way Jake was. I also think Ross Kemp will be the last to be announced as their big star signing.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandsss wrote: »
    Who will be the next celeb confirmed?

MEEEEE :D:D

just joking :p.....hmmmm maybe pixie Lott ???
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CloneClown wrote: »
    I reckon Caroline since she now seems certain in the way Jake was. I also think Ross Kemp will be the last to be announced as their big star signing.

Yes I agree about Caroline, and maybe Gregg Wallace, Dave Berry and Helen Skelton next (if they are in) with Ross and Pixie left until last.

Of course we could all be completely wrong and instead we will get quite a few surprises this year :D
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is, I cannot see Ross Kemp doing it, and there hasn't been much in the way of any recent rumours connecting him to SCD.
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    c) the BBC can, if necessary be accomodating for existing BBC talent with respect to allowing them time off from their normal job, or to change around their presenting duties (as they seemed to do with Susanna Reid last year),

This didn't happen with Patrick Robinson, Scott Maslen, Chelsee Healey, Alex Jones or Matt Baker to name but a few, all of whom carried on with their BBC roles as normal during their time on Strictly, and in the case of at least one probably cost them the glitterball or at least a place in the final as the combined pressures of their work burnt them out.
  • Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member

I think we're getting a male tomorrow - Gregg Wallace perhaps. I don't think Dave berry us likely, nor Ross as much as I'd like him. But as you said, I think next Sunday will be a big, previously unrumoured male name. I still think Alan Hansen could be possible.
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They wouldn't have Ross and Jake in the same series. Two bald EastEnders bad boys? No. They don't usually go for two of the same type, it's more likely that Ross turned them down so then they went for Jake.
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If Caroline is in, I think she'll be announced next Friday. That way she'll be in the papers on Saturday and it'll mean Strictly will steal some of the X Factor's press attention which starts that Saturday.
  • Options
    ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Caroline is in, I think she'll be announced next Friday. That way she'll be in the papers on Saturday and it'll mean Strictly will steal some of the X Factor's press attention which starts that Saturday.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't know on what terms Caroline left TXF on (I don't follow ANYTHING to do with the show. Didn't even know she'd left until the other day), but I imagine it's still going to be a little slap in the face for them to see one of their own jump ship (if only temporarily) to star on their rival show. It makes for great exposure for both and, lets be honest, those kind of things sell newspapers etc (if you buy those). Revealing Caroline on the same day XF starts makes perfect sense. I kind of hope they do. Haha.
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    cwickham wrote: »
    Rumoured, not confirmed.

Jake and Sunetra are both pretty decent signings, so the show's had a good weekend all round. Even Wright being there seems a bit more tolerable now.

Mark Wright will probably turn out to be a very shrewd signing.
    He will be popular with the demographic who like TOWIE - which is probably the same demographic that likes X-Factor.
    If he is able to perform well and come across as likeable, then he could be someone the BBC could develop - he already has his own radio show on Heart.
    Maybe give him a tryout as a stand-in for some Radio 1 shows over Xmas etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They wouldn't have Ross and Jake in the same series. Two bald EastEnders bad boys? No. They don't usually go for two of the same type, it's more likely that Ross turned them down so then they went for Jake.

That's probably true actually. Can't wait to find out who these mystery men are!
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder we'll get any older male celebs this year?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Angela F wrote: »

Alan Hansen's still in the mix I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Thing is, I cannot see Ross Kemp doing it, and there hasn't been much in the way of any recent rumours connecting him to SCD.

In all honesty nor can I.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angela F wrote: »
    Alan Hansen's still in the mix I think.

Gregg Wallace is 49 I believe.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we know the female line up:

Judy Murray, 52, tennis coach
    Sunetra Sarker, 41, Casualty actress
    Alison Hammond, 39, television presenter
    Caroline Flack, 34, television presenter
    Helen Skelton, 31, television presenter
    Frankie Bridge, 25, The Saturdays member
    Pixie Lott, 23, singer

As for the male line up, the following are definites:

Jake Wood, 42, Eastenders actor
    Simon Webbe, 36, Blue member
    Thom Evans, 29, rugby player
    Mark Wright, 27, personality and radio host

Unknown - Dave Barry
    Unknown - Gregg Wallace
    Unknown - Tyger Drew-Honey
    Unknown - Alan Hansen

I added my final guesses, though would they have three female presenters? I don't think Helen will be in now, and replaced with Michelle or Carol, or a surprise
  • Options
    abs xabs x Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a very occasional poster and long time lurker I just wanted to add my thanks to 21CB and all the regulars for keeping this thread up to date now and throughout the year. Mwah!

I think the cast is looking pretty good so far although I never know who I will like and vote for until we have seen the celebs in action. Just because they are a familiar face doesn't mean I will like them enough to vote for them.
    edy10 wrote: »
    Oopsie. The only one I didn't know is Thom BUT I'm familiar with ALL of the rest of the cast so far :)

H edy10. I have lurked and posted occasionally on the DWTS thread and I have seen that you provide some very interesting titbits from across the pond :) My question for you is how are you familiar with all of the cast except Thom when you live in the States? I am perplexed as to why Alison and Sunetra for example (who I would struggle to name although I am familiar with their faces), would be known to our US friends. Does Casualty and This Morning air over there? :confused: Do these celebs have fanbases in the US?.......just curious :)

Thanks again everyone :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    I added my final guesses, though would they have three female presenters? I don't think Helen will be in now, and replaced with Michelle or Carol, or a surprise

I'm 90% sure Dave ISN'T in. He retweeted a rumour about his taking part , and then his next tweet was 'no f*cking way!' He's inadvertently denied it, but then so did Judy.

I would LOVE to see Tyger Drew Honey though! :D

And with regards to Helen, there have been many twitter signs she's in :)
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I'm 90% sure Dave ISN'T in. He retweeted a rumour about his taking part , and then his next tweet was 'no f*cking way!' He's inadvertently denied it, but then so did Judy.

I would LOVE to see Tyger Drew Honey though! :D

And with regards to Helen, there have been many twitter signs she's in :)

Dave's tweet was a couple of days after the retweet, and was a caption to the picture attached.

But still, I think the fact that he retweeted it in (seemingly) jest is confirmation enough. After all, they wouldn't have two young, 'cheeky chappy' radio DJs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave's tweet was a couple of days after the retweet, and was a caption to the picture attached.

But still, I think the fact that he retweeted it in (seemingly) jest is confirmation enough. After all, they wouldn't have two young, 'cheeky chappy' radio DJs.

Yeah I thought that too about the role already being filled.
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Dave can be ruled out. Gregg and Alan have both been reported in the press but not so much lately it seems. The possibility of Tyger taking part is entirely based on a Strictly publicist following him on Twitter, which is hardly conclusive evidence. So there's at least two male names we're entirely in the dark about.
  • Options
    yenstonyenston Posts: 2,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Vanessa Feltz and talent belong in the same sentence. :p

I'm not a huge fan of Vanessa's but she is certainly talented at her job- as a broadcaster and journalist.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    yenston wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of Vanessa's but she is certainly talented at her job- as a broadcaster and journalist.

Well, yes, but not when it comes to dancing...
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Vanessa Feltz and talent belong in the same sentence. :p Rose tinted glasses are definitely involved here - they've had people like Nancy Dell'Olio, Jo Wood and Penny Lancaster on in the past. What makes them any different?

Nothing. ;-)
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only person in the UK that doesn't want Caroline Flack in the series ?, liking the line up so far though.