IS it true that Pasha

Comments

• Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peppy5 wrote: »
    This pic of Rachel was published in the Sun on September 1st

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/02062/SNN0129RACH---_2062251a.jpg

It looks to have been taken in the same batch as those published in yesterday's paper. I would say they were papped by someone lurking around Rachel's flat, and the pics and story released Sunday to coincide with the Strictly launch show (more papers sold), rather than any deliberate disclosure by R and P. I'm sure they'd have preferred it to remain private.
    Some of the vitriol aimed at them on twitter and in newspaper comments sections, by anonymous posters who know nothing of their personal lives, is sad.

IMO

I wish the couple all the best, and look forward to Pasha and Caroline on this year's show. :)

Does she look like she needs stabilisers on that bike??

Twitter and newspaper vitriol is completely ignorable. They should ignore it. Oh, I remember when Chelsee was getting upset about things said to her on Twitter and Pasha was very even about it: Don't look at it was his approach. I should hope he has the same attitude when it's directed against him and his partner.
  • Options
    peppy5peppy5 Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Does she look like she needs stabilisers on that bike??

Twitter and newspaper vitriol is completely ignorable. They should ignore it. Oh, I remember when Chelsee was getting upset about things said to her on Twitter and Pasha was very even about it: Don't look at it was his approach. I should hope he has the same attitude when it's directed against him and his partner.

You're right Monkey :)

Stabilisers?:D that back tyre definitely needs some air! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they'd have preferred it to remain private.

Problem is, it's a little naive to sell your private life to the media one day, then expect them to stay away from it when it doesn't suit you.
  • Options
    HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, I thought there was a spark right from the start. Their first dance was a waltz, I think, and Rachel looked like she'd died and gone to heaven... I posted about it, it was rather sweet. Gah, I can still spot 'em :D
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Sammy78 wrote: »
    I do think maybe this is his preference it wouldn't be quite so intimidating.
    I think he was in awe of Kimberley.
    As you say Kimberley had a longterm partner.............and as Pasha has said of her - extraordinary integrity.

In awe of Kimberley? Each to their own, but I think Rachel is gorgeous but wouldn't look twice at Kimberley.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This pic of Rachel was published in the Sun on September 1st

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/02062/SNN0129RACH---_2062251a.jpg

It looks to have been taken in the same batch as those published in yesterday's paper. I would say they were papped by someone lurking around Rachel's flat, and the pics and story released Sunday to coincide with the Strictly launch show (more papers sold), rather than any deliberate disclosure by R and P.

I'm not so sure, in the pics with Pasha she's carrying clothes and her hair is loose and doesn't seem to have as much lipstick.
  • Options
    anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    In awe of Kimberley? Each to their own, but I think Rachel is gorgeous but wouldn't look twice at Kimberley.

I like Kimberley, but I too don't get all the posts about him being in awe with her. :confused: I thought he was same with her as he was with his other partners (well except Rachel).
  • Options
    anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HarkAtHer wrote: »
    Haha, I thought there was a spark right from the start. Their first dance was a waltz, I think, and Rachel looked like she'd died and gone to heaven... I posted about it, it was rather sweet. Gah, I can still spot 'em :D

Yes, also a wink from Pasha in the end. :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Tejas wrote: »

I wasn't saying she wasn't pretty but to me she's girl next door pretty. She reminds me of a lot of girls I mixed with at school and university and I think that's her appeal.
    Absurd beauty can be off-putting.
    I think it was Jonathan Ross who said Kimberley was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen close-up and over the years he's encountered a ridiculous number.
    But as you say it's all subjective and personality makes a huge difference and as I found Rachel dull that might be influencing my opinion.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    anirose26 wrote: »
    I like Kimberley, but I too don't get all the posts about him being in awe with her. :confused: I thought he was same with her as he was with his other partners (well except Rachel).

I just always thought he stared at her a lot especially her smile,sometimes in a trance-like state.
    I think it was on one of their first encounters when he looked at her smile he suddenly went into a soppy grin and his eyelashes fluttered manically which is often a sign of high attraction. (Different to the hard blinking I've seen him do and others when they're normally anxious).
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on the Waltz, with enough training, I still think its possible for Rachel to learn to dance quite well.

I would like to see her get good enough to go on the Tour with Pasha.

I think their Quickstep would be one of the dances and the CCC has the makings of the other, but needs a bit of work.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but Kimberley is gorgeous and sexy. Rachel is pretty but zero sex appeal. And i never saw ANY chemistry between P+R that you all think you saw. They are acting when dancing.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sammy78 wrote: »
    I wasn't saying she wasn't pretty but to me she's girl next door pretty. She reminds me of a lot of girls I mixed with at school and university and I think that's her appeal.
    Absurd beauty can be off-putting.
    I think it was Jonathan Ross who said Kimberley was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen close-up and over the years he's encountered a ridiculous number.
    But as you say it's all subjective and personality makes a huge difference and as I found Rachel dull that might be influencing my opinion.:D

He is right, Kimberley is stunning and she has a lovely personality to boot.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chels.p wrote: »
    I think this is a bit unfair - we have no idea what was going on behind the scenes. Officially Rachel and her husband broke up after she left Strictly but in reality they could have been separated before that. How can we know for sure Pasha played a role in their marriage break up unless one of the three parties involves comes out and says it?
    Could have broken up before Strictly - conjecture.
    Did Pasha play a part or was it purely coincidence? If it walks like a duck ,,,

Their affair reflects badly on both of them.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most bizarre thing was how little chemistry or rapport they seemed to have on the dancefloor or on the It Takes Two sofa. I mean, I never thought they hated each other or anything but nor did I think they'd clicked.

So I was quite surprised by the news.

Pasha's done very well out of Strictly - 2 very decent dance partners (possibly 3 now) and a new romance!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Could have broken up before Strictly - conjecture.
    Did Pasha play a part or was it purely coincidence? If it walks like a duck ,,,

Their affair reflects badly on both of them.

It's all conjecture, which reflects badly on all of us, IMO. :o
    We're a bad lot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    The most bizarre thing was how little chemistry or rapport they seemed to have on the dancefloor or on the It Takes Two sofa. I mean, I never thought they hated each other or anything but nor did I think they'd clicked.

Pasha's done very well out of Strictly - 2 very decent dance partners (possibly 3 now) and a new romance!

The producers have been very kind to him. He probably got to keep his favourite husky from the launch show too :p
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I put that down to the respect they had for Rachel's marriage and husband.

Its compatible with Rachel realising that her marriage maybe isn't the best future for her because of how she felt about Pasha, and Pasha letting Rachel know that he felt the same way about her.

What is the best solution in that case? They seem to have been prepared to take their time and go through stages at what they deemed an appropriate pace to get together.

People can argue about the pace, but I haven't seen anyone suggest a better course of action.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You didn't say hello Sid.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    I put that down to the respect they had for Rachel's marriage and husband.

Its compatible with Rachel realising that her marriage maybe isn't the best future for her because of how she felt about Pasha, and Pasha letting Rachel know that he felt the same way about her.

What is the best solution in that case? They seem to have been prepared to take their time and go through stages at what they deemed an appropriate pace to get together.

People can argue about the pace, but I haven't seen anyone suggest a better course of action.

Yes, hadn't thought of it like that, could have been a conscious thing. Would explain why they came across as quite awkward to me - it would have been an awkward situation.
    The producers have been very kind to him. He probably got to keep his favourite husky from the launch show too :p

:D

If he doesn't get a very obvious 'dud' next year, I smell something fishy! :p
    Ignazio wrote: »
    You didn't say hello Sid.

You didn't show up at our wedding.

(hello! mwah x)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You didn't show up at our wedding.

(hello! mwah x)
    Ran out of petrol.:blush:
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here :blush::D (or rather I haven't and should be working... :cry:)

Both Rachel and Pasha seem like low-key, quiet people caught up in high-energy public careers. Maybe they'll be good for each other in a grounding way.

EDIT to agree with Kaycee on the too-complex thing
    Rachel isnt low key at all . She appears on any TV panel show she can and looks like she really enjoys the limelight
  • Options
    nazzacnazzac Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I like Rachel, but something seems off about this.

Something obviously sparked this during Strictly, and is the reason she left her husband. I believe this has been on the cards for a while, but they decided to keep it under wraps to protect their image (Particularly hers)

It's seeming to me, that the innocence i liked about her is fading away fast
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Pasha has been very lucky to be partnered with Caroline but did anyone else think that he looked unhappy about it when they were upstairs talking with Claudia? Caroline even asked "are you happy as I am?" and he responded with a less enthused "probably more happy" which was then followed by a worried face. Based on this news, I'm getting the impression that he perhaps would have been preferred not to have been paired with the eye candy so to reduce the likelihood of it possibly affecting his relationship with Rachel. A bit like Holly and Artem all over again.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    kirbyreed wrote: »
    I could have sworn Rachel was married?

she was :o