Christine Bleakely - Nasty cow!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
Forum Member
Apparently she told Jedward they "give Ireland a bad name" or something along those lines. She's a bit old to be picking on 18 year olds isnt she?
I suppose she thinks she makes Ireland look good??? :rolleyes:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    laurar wrote: »
    Apparently she told Jedward they "give Ireland a bad name" or something along those lines. She's a bit old to be picking on 18 year olds isnt she?

That word should always be highlighted, where did you hear she said this? if it's from a newspaper it's probably not true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Thanks littlechicken, forgot to put a link there.
  • I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    Christine is a goddess.
    She's British.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Oh it's from the Sun that utterly infallible bible of truth. I'm not making fun I just think it's really unfair to label her as horrible when the comment comes from such an unreliable source. Until she goes on TV, in fact no until she stands in front of me and says "Hello I'm Christine Bleakley, don't Jedward give Ireland a bad name" then I won't believe it. Also Jedward give humanity a bad name not just the Irish
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    is she that 30 year old who was a 15 year old reporter in Belfast?:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    worpler wrote: »

Love it :D
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Christine is the sweetness and light she appears to be, but I suspect that she's human and has her bad days when she's isn't all smiles. No-one is perfect. I can see her making a comment like that, which is rude when Jedward are harmless, but no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Also :D:D:D
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ouch!!!! :D

No one believes her when she says her age do they? :D
  • glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Yes, and giggling like a teenage girl on a sofa for a few minutes every weeknight makes the nation so proud of you, Christine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows if it is true, or in what context it was said, but if it were said in the way reported then it was nasty.

Whether you like Jedward or not, they are two kids having the time of their lives, I'm sure most Countries have more to be ashamed of than two kids not doing anyone any harm while enjoying themselves.
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    laurar wrote: »
    OK............so how do a couple of over excited, over hyped, exhibitionist muppets make Ireland look good?
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Lots of people find Jedward fun! Christine is from Northern Ireland so she is NOT Irish but British!! Who cares what she thinks anyway!!
  • CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I hate the whole jedward phenomenon; I see James Corden is suggesting they should drop out from the limelight now they have had their fun, strangely I feel the same about James Corden.
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As an irishman I for one dont think they are embarrassing my country.

I think Jedward have done a lot to give a bit of light relief into what has been a horrible 2009 for irish people what with the recession, the billions of tax payers money been wasted in bank deals and the whole catholic church scandal. They are 2 lads having the time of their life and fair play to them.
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I wish I could disagree with her, but I find Jedward hugely irritating, annoying and, yes, embarrassing. :(
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She may have said something to them in jest, or probably didn't even say anything at all - the tabloids generally stir something up out of nothing.

Still, they are a right royal pain in the backside. I suppose you have to be about ten to appreciate their 'music'.
  • SyqoSyqo Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're an embarrassment to themselves, not Ireland. I can't fathom how they could be 'devastated' by that remark considering that they brushed off all the abuse they received on The X Factor including the death threats. She may have made that comment but I don't believe for a second that they were 'devastated' by it.

And I agree with dubgaz, they have added light relief to a really crap year.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christine is a goddess.
    She's British.

I think you'll find she's Irish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Murderers, rapists, paedophiles, drug dealers - they'd give a place a bad name, not singers, no matter how bad they might be!

I don't remember Jedward ever trying to make themselves out to be ambassadors for Ireland anyway! Who cares where they come from?
    There are plenty of dreadful pop acts from the UK too! (and no, I'm not Irish!)
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glowboy wrote: »
    Yes, and giggling like a teenage girl on a sofa for a few minutes every weeknight makes the nation so proud of you, Christine.

This ^^^ I don't dislike her but her giggling at absolutely everything is irritating. The OH really likes her though:o
  • lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    Christine Bleakney is at least 33, 34 - I remember her from City Beat News and also I worked in Debenhams in the early 2000s when she was a regular customer at the make up counter I worked at and she was about 2 years older than me at the time and I am 32 now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glowboy wrote: »

i wouldnt mind spending a few minutes every weekniqht on the sofa making with her.

not sure i could deal with the giggling but i'd work on it
  • I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    I think you'll find she's Irish.

She's from Northern Ireland, which is part of the British Isles.
    Dancing girl has pointed this out too.
  • Karen1969Karen1969 Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of people find Jedward fun! Christine is from Northern Ireland so she is NOT Irish but British!! Who cares what she thinks anyway!!

I think you will find she and a lot of other people might disagree with you there.

I have many friends that live in Derry and they are Irish not British and would find your post very offensive.