Chef Ross Burden has passed away (merged)

divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
Forum Member
✭✭
Can't see this posted elsewhere, so thought this would be the appropriate place.

Sadly, former Ready, Steady, Cook chef, Ross Burden, has passed away as a result of complications following treatment for cancer. Always seemed like a nice, charming bloke. Looked like a perfect James Bond, too!

R. I. P.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/masterchef-host-ross-burden-dies-after-cancer-treatment-6033248

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats really sad news. I remember him as I always quite fancied him. 45 really is no age at all

RIP
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, how sad. :(

Somehow these people become a small part of your life, I always used to enjoy watching him cook on TV. A very charming gentleman indeed.

RIP Ross x
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that was so unexpected and very sad. He was such a nice guy and very handsome, like James Bond like you said. R.I.P.
  • HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh how awful, poor guy. Soo young!:(
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Very sad news - randomly the other day I was watching an old video of Light Lunch (the C4 show with Mel and Sue from the 90s) and he was the chef - very handsome guy.
  • sambamfordsambamford Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    That's sad. I only watched Ready Steady Cook if he was on. Very easy on the eye.

R I P lovely man :cool:
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ready,Steady,Cook should come back as a tribute to Ross
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I remember him. It's just sad to hear of people dying so young. Thoughts with his friends and family.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, that's quite a shock.

Ross had a good career in the UK during the 1990s when all the chefs were becoming very popular, but I hadn't seen or heard much about him in recent years, only that he was back working in New Zealand.

Very sad that he has passed so young. RIP.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that is a shock. RIP
    always thought he was quite handsome. didn't he work on a programme with Rosemary Shreager recently?
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was on RSC in 2003 and, whilst my chef was James Martin, Ross was the other chef for my competitor. He was very, very nice to us all day and we had a great time. A real laugh. Very sad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Oh that's so sad...he was always my favourite chef! R.I.P Ross :(
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,146
    Forum Member
    How sad, he seemed such a genuinely nice guy.

RIP Ross. :(
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad I remember him as I loved RSC
  • charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only just seen this.

Loved his easy going manner on Ready Steady Cook.

Very sad news.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww RIP he was one of my fav daytime chef's
  • user986user986 Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    I am really saddened by this news. :( Rest in peace Ross and thanks for all I learned from you.
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    Going by the thread title, I thought this was going to be, where are they now type of thread. Very sad, I remember him well from Ready Steady Cook.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Ross, so young to die at just 45 years old. May he rest in peace.

The cause of his demise reminded me of Melaine Appleby, one of the 80s pop duo, Mel 'n' Kim who had died under similar circumstances - picking up a viral infection (pneumonia?) after she went through a bout of chemotherapy over 24 years ago. She was 23 years old.
  • Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.I.P - :( - thoughts are with his family and friends....
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah God, that's so said. Really gorgeous chap. Condolences to his family and friends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how sad :(

R I P
  • skiprunnerskiprunner Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    divingbboy wrote: »
    Can't see this posted elsewhere, so thought this would be the appropriate place.

Sadly, former Ready, Steady, Cook chef, Ross Burden, has passed away as a result of complications following treatment for cancer. Always seemed like a nice, charming bloke. Looked like a perfect James Bond, too!

R. I. P.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/masterchef-host-ross-burden-dies-after-cancer-treatment-6033248
    Awwww that's sad :-(((
    Nice bloke, RIP Ross x
  • PeggysDadPeggysDad Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and my wife were lucky enough to attend a gourmet evening where Ross was the chef. Best food we ever had and a really nice man as well.

RIP Ross :(