Options

Misfits S2 discussion (Spoilers in tags)

Comments

• Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is Mis-Fits shown in America ? I mean its a lot better than Heroes and V etc.

I think I read somewhere that America has picked it up and will air S1 soon?
  • Options
    CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willz wrote: »
    Someone said the bloke in the hoody was the guy that died in the very first episode. I'm not sure how plausible it is though. I'd go with the theory it's someone from the future coming back to change bad things happening in the past.

He was inside when the storm happened, not to mention got a nice taste of axe too so i doubt it's him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping the masked guys power was luck based given how he managed to get the paper palne to fly across the thames and hit her in the face.

that wasn't the thames, its just a lake. i know thamesmead:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,699
    Forum Member
    TheGoan wrote: »
    I think the mystery person is Curtis. He was wearing the outfit, and the person had black hands. The Curtis of the future.

Their hands went from white to black than back to white again
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    that wasn't the thames, its just a lake. i know thamesmead:p

I'm guessing Dexter Fletcher's flat was overlookig the Thames though.
    If you look on Multimap, on their "bird's eye" feature, you can see the building where they spend most time, on the edge of the lake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member

Ooh really? Ok, that's interesting. I need to watch again, I miss loads of stuff that other people notice :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member

Maybe Superhoodie isn't just one person, sometimes it does look like the body shape has changed. Maybe they are all trying to save the past, something bad has happened in the future that they don't want to happen (like maybe they didn't want to become Superheros.)
    If Superhoodie hadn't saved Curtis he would have died and the same with Nathan, so maybe (with future technology) Nathan came back from the future to save Curtis (the future changed) now him and Curtis are working as a team to save the others, and the future for all of them.
    I say Nathan because there is a chance that even without Superhoodie's involvement he would have gotten out of the grave anyway. With Nathan being immortal he would have lived like forever and so it wouldn't make much difference. Maybe allowing himself to get out of the grave earlier stopped someone else from being killed.
    That's my take on it anyway. That's why I think Superhoodie has so many powers, because it's all different people
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Superhoodie isn't just one person, sometimes it does look like the body shape has changed. Maybe they are all trying to save the past, something bad has happened in the future that they don't want to happen (like maybe they didn't want to become Superheros.)
    If Superhoodie hadn't saved Curtis he would have died and the same with Nathan, so maybe (with future technology) Nathan came back from the future to save Curtis (the future changed) now him and Curtis are working as a team to save the others, and the future for all of them.
    I say Nathan because there is a chance that even without Superhoodie's involvement he would have gotten out of the grave anyway. With Nathan being immortal he would have lived like forever and so it wouldn't make much difference. Maybe allowing himself to get out of the grave earlier stopped someone else from being killed.
    That's my take on it anyway. That's why I think Superhoodie has so many powers, because it's all different people

the thing is - I find it hard to imagine any of that lot doing somersaults and parkour the way he/she is !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the thing is - I find it hard to imagine any of that lot doing somersaults and parkour the way he/she is !

Yeah with the others, but it would make sense for Curtis to be doing them. By then they may have all grown up and got older, in mind for Nathan :)
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah with the others, but it would make sense for Curtis to be doing them. By then they may have all grown up and got older, in mind for Nathan :)

oh yeah , I forgot he was an athlete .

it seems obvious that it's one of them , so actually I hope it's not .

howard overman doesn't seem to give many interviews , I've only found one form about a year ago .
  • Options
    Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't that guy the bloke from Bad Girls?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    I absolutley loved last night's episode.
    I really like Nathan with his brother, and also the whole story about him and his dad, it seemed to add more to him as a character.I was shocked to find out he'd died though, it's a shame, I liked him. I also loved it when the powers were reversed, and Kelly started to say exactly what she was thinking.
    Next weeks looks interesting though with the whole
    Nathan and simon kiss thing
    I wonder how they will bring that about, seems like quite an interesting thing to do, anyway, it should be good to watch :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Superhoody on Twitter http://twitter.com/Superhoodie

Major Spoilers here guys:

Episode 3 Summary:
    The mysterious masked man saves Alisha from a mugging on the estate. It appears he is able to touch Alisha without being affected by her powers and she is intrigued. Alisha is determined to find out more about him, but soon discovers she's out of her depth.

Meanwhile Nathan, Kelly and Simon go to a tattoo parlour, where Nathan manages to offend Vince, the tattooist and, soon after, Nathan begins to act strangely...

My Thoughts:
    It should be good to see Alisha do a bit more, she spends alot of time out of the main focus. The Tattoo sub-plot seems good too, that will probably explain Nathan's Kiss with Simon

Episode 4: Summary
    Ollie, an environmental protester who has the power to teleport, starts his community service, but is he really destined to become part of the gang? Out on the estate the gang are confronted by super-aggressive Tim who demands money at gunpoint.

They all escape bar Kelly who is held as hostage, so the gang find themselves needing the help of the mysterious man in the mask.Meanwhile Nikki, the girl from Curtis's flash forward vision, has a heart-transplant which gives rise to some unexpected side-effects...

My thoughts:
    Sounds interesting, the gun-plot story seems to come out of no-where though

Episode 5 Summary:
    Nathan is violently killed again and he suspects that Jessica, a charity worker from the community centre, is to blame. To make matters worse, Jessica seems to have targeted Simon as her next victim so the gang decide to track her down before she can strike again.

Kelly meets Bruno who is on the run from the police. She hears his thoughts and he thinks she's beautiful. Has Kelly finally found her perfect man, or is there more to Bruno than meets the eye?

My Thoughts:
    Again very interesting, Jessica and Bruno seem slightly random, the one-episode character count seems high this season
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Found this summary of episode 3, quite interesting especially the bit about
    Alisha uncovering who Superhoodie is, don't know whether she does or not but it hasn't been mentioned before. I'm also guessing that the mysterious effect is Nathan turning gay, for what I presume is just the one episode
    In the latest exciting installment of Misfits a mysterious masked crusader is intriguing Alisha but she gets the shock of her life when she finds uncovers his identity.

Plus, a trip to a tattoo parlour has a curious affect on Nathan.

There's more excitement in this award-winning drama when In this week's episode an anonymous stranger rescues Alisha from being mugged. The experience takes her on a journey where she questions her own future as a super hero. Her sexual powers don't work on him and she wants to find out why.

His arrival also make her think about her powers and what might happen if anyone ever finds out. It's a confusing time for Alisha as she's getting feelings for the mystery hero which sit uncomfortably alongside her feelings for Curtis.

Meanwhile, Nathan, Kelly and Simon visit tattooist Vince but is there more to him then meets the eye? Well, yes actually he turns out to be quite a psycho, but can the trio overpower him?
  • Options
    Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a good idea. We may find out this week,or they might keep us hanging til the end of the season :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,699
    Forum Member
    Benry_Gale wrote: »
    Isn't that guy the bloke from Bad Girls?

Thats what I thought! :cool:

I think he played Josh :confused:
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    As far as episode three goes:
    maybe the tattooist can influence people through his tattoos. Maybe Nathan offends him, so he gives the three of them certain tattoos, and maybe Nathan gets a heart one and therefore falls in love with the next person he sees, which turns out to be Simon. LOL I'm just clutching at straws here though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As far as episode three goes:
    maybe the tattooist can influence people through his tattoos. Maybe Nathan offends him, so he gives the three of them certain tattoos, and maybe Nathan gets a heart one and therefore falls in love with the next person he sees, which turns out to be Simon. LOL I'm just clutching at straws here though.
    I watched a trailer thing on the e4 website and it shows Nathan going on about a tattoo that may make him look gay. Then he looks at the tattooist and he has the tattoo on his neck so I'm guessing that he influenced him into being gay or something

Just had a thought next weeks trailer shows Superhoodie touching Alisha and not experiencing her power, she has never touched Nathan so we don't know whether he is affected by it or not. He might not be because technically he's dead so maybe her power doesn't effect dead people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Loved the latest episode. It was very dark but it still had some funny moments too, Nathan ironing the sandwich had me cracking up :D and his brother Jamie was cool too.

I'm begining to think superhoodie is Nathan from the future, since they can both heal themselves quickly (Nathan's big gaping hole from falling on the rails last series has vanished completely) and superhoodie is immune to Alisha's power (Nathan's never touched Alisha so he might not be affected by her as the above poster has mentioned.) Quite abit of evidence is pointing towards him, but then again it might just be a red herring. It might even be the new probabtion worker. :D
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gin Rummy wrote: »
    Loved the latest episode. It was very dark but it still had some funny moments too, Nathan ironing the sandwich had me cracking up :D and his brother Jamie was cool too.

I'm begining to think superhoodie is Nathan from the future, since they can both heal themselves quickly (Nathan's big gaping hole from falling on the rails last series has vanished completely) and superhoodie is immune to Alisha's power (Nathan's never touched Alisha so he might not be affected by her as the above poster has mentioned.) Quite abit of evidence is pointing towards him, but then again it might just be a red herring. It might even be the new probabtion worker. :D

Yeh I think you theory is very interesting. About Nathan and super hoody being one and the same. I think the same.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Yeh I think you theory is very interesting. About Nathan and super hoody being one and the same. I think the same.

I think Nathan being superhoodie makes more sense than the Curtis theory, since everytime we've seen superhoodie he has been white. He does seem to be saving Nathan's ass the majority of the time aswell and there's a preview for the next episode where superhoodie throws a packet of dry roasted peanuts at the gang and Nathan say something like "Maybe he knows I've missed lunch." :D
    I did like someone else's idea of it being more than one person though, it's certainly possible at this stage. The suspense eh? ;)
  • Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I wanted to ask a quick question about Nathan's ability of seeing dead people.

At first when Jamie died and he came out of the flamed car (but only Nathan saw him) I thought him being able to see the dead was the reversed power, or was his reversed power simply being able to die?
    Because later on when it looked like everyone had gone back to normal (like Kelly saying she was sorry about Jamie - the erraticness from before had gone), Nathan still had that ability.

So instead it was just a development of his current power? Being immortal plus seeing dead people?
  • Options
    CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I wanted to ask a quick question about Nathan's ability of seeing dead people.

At first when Jamie died and he came out of the flamed car (but only Nathan saw him) I thought him being able to see the dead was the reversed power, or was his reversed power simply being able to die?
    Because later on when it looked like everyone had gone back to normal (like Kelly saying she was sorry about Jamie - the erraticness from before had gone), Nathan still had that ability.

So instead it was just a development of his current power? Being immortal plus seeing dead people?

I was wondering about that as well, possibly the night was a catalyst for all of their powers evolving slightly?
  • Options
    Forum Member

I thought it was because technically he is dead. People who are dead can't die and that's what immortal people are; like Vampires. So I thought that he can see dead people because he is meant to be dead himself