Options

The Apprentice UK: Who Should Be Chair

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
Forum Member
✭✭✭
According to Louise Mensch MP, Mr Alan Sugar works to the misogynist proposition that "he would have to be barmy to recruit women of child bearing age"

All things being equal, isn't it about time that the BBC recruited someone basically competent to become Chair of The Apprentice.

Unfortunately, in the case of Mr Alan Sugar, he failed to achieve anything at school other than a few mediocre grades at O level, before becoming a mere pleb of a Barrow Boy. He failed to make the grade for anything else.

In short, time for the BBC to say to Mr Alan Sugar... "You're Fired".

Comments

• Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly he is a dinosaur and women have been shabbily treated on the programme or, it appears, when they have worked for his raggle taggle group of awful henchmen that seemingly inhabit Sugar companies. Having seen the horrors that they are, while interviewing candidates, I certainly wouldn't want to work for any of them. It reflects badly on the BBC that it has kept on this programme with its evident misogyny.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DariaM wrote: »
    All things being equal, isn't it about time that the BBC recruited someone basically competent to become Chair of The Apprentice.

The Apprentice is about finding someone who is a good businessman or businesswoman. Alan Sugar has ammassed a personal fortune of £770 million. How much more competent would you like the Chair to be?
    Unfortunately, in the case of Mr Alan Sugar, he failed to achieve anything at school other than a few mediocre grades at O level, before becoming a mere pleb of a Barrow Boy. He failed to make the grade for anything else.

Hmmmm, a £770 million personal fortune, or good O Level and A Level grades? I know what I'd choose.

No. You're talking rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    It reflects badly on the BBC that it has kept on this programme with its evident misogyny.

Of seven series, four winners have been male and three have been female.

Please point out whereabouts the misogyny is evident?
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A chair has four legs. Lord Sugar has two (I believe).
  • Options
    apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    I also think it is time to put Sugar out to grass. He does not have worthwhile opportunities for an Apprentice hence the change in the 'prize'.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Tim Campbell quit to run his own business.

2. Michelle Dewberry left for personal reasons following a miscarraige

3. Simon Ambrose. He left in 2010 once he'd finished his training.

4. Lee McQueen, Quit

5. Yasmina Siadatan Went on maternity leave, then gave her notice in shortly before she was due to return

6. Stella English, Quit and suing him

7. Tom Pellereau - not actually employed

So 3/3 blokes quit on him but not for reasons associated with "being of child bearing age", I can't for the life of me think why he'd have made that comment ;)
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    According to Wikipedia (always reliable !!!) The USA version has had it's share of complaints where the winners have been employed as a "spokeperson" for Trump on his projects, and been required to mainly appear at "promotional events".
  • Options
    RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Louise Mensch MP, Mr Alan Sugar...
    Why are you giving Louise Mensch her full title, and not using Lord Sugar's title? Seems a bit disrespectful to me.
    Mr Alan Sugar [...] a mere pleb of a Barrow Boy.
    Bit snobby that isn't it?

Personally, I think Lord Sugar is perfectly well-equipped to continue fronting the Apprentice show.
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    According to Louise Mensch MP, Mr Alan Sugar works to the misogynist proposition that "he would have to be barmy to recruit women of child bearing age"

Is she the one who constantly makes a fool of herself on HIGNFY (foreign chap asking) :yawn:
  • Options
    franchisefranchise Posts: 1,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought Louise Mensch MP and her colleague should stop talking about stuff on telly and other pop culture stuff and do their jobs properly.
  • Options
    sveknusveknu Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    1. Tim Campbell quit to run his own business.

2. Michelle Dewberry left for personal reasons following a miscarraige

3. Simon Ambrose. He left in 2010 once he'd finished his training.

4. Lee McQueen, Quit

5. Yasmina Siadatan Went on maternity leave, then gave her notice in shortly before she was due to return

6. Stella English, Quit and suing him

7. Tom Pellereau - not actually employed

So 3/3 blokes quit on him but not for reasons associated with "being of child bearing age", I can't for the life of me think why he'd have made that comment ;)

This was always about a one-year contract and nothing more. And actually, all three of the guys stayed with Sugar for an extended period of time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she the one who constantly makes a fool of herself on HIGNFY (foreign chap asking) :yawn:

Any MP who goes on HIGNFY gets the piss ripped out of them. It's the whole point of the show.
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yet made himself a millionaire and ran successful businesses, I mean if we just compare people based on school grades, Richard Branson has been a complete flop... if we ignore all those Virgin projects that have made billions and cover a wide range of different business areas.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all his faults, Alan Sugar makes for entertaining TV with his grumpy and outspoken persona. If anything it's his obvious faults that make the programme so entertaining. I doubt the show would be quite as good with a different "chairman". Perhaps James Caan could do a reasonable job in his place but he'd be much smoother and less feisty.