Heart Stations

Comments

• radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Capital FM London 2002 - 2009 until they started to network in 2011.

Yes, but i'm also pretty sure he did cover shows for the Capital Group Network ? Hense how i heard him.
  • Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j10cool10 wrote: »
    And on Monday I'm pretty sure Margherita Taylor said "London's Heart" across the whole UK network when she was covering for Toby Anstis.

Roberto says the same every night on Ring Roberto

He always says its ring Roberto on London's heart even though its networked across the UK
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gavin_D wrote: »

He always says its ring Roberto on London's heart even though its networked across the UK

Are you listening on 106.2? Some links will be recorded London's Heart for London and other Links for the rest of Heart
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you listening on 106.2? Some links will be recorded London's Heart for London and other Links for the rest of Heart

• HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Capital FM London 2002 - 2009 until they started to network in 2011.

Now runs Yellow Media.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And on Monday I'm pretty sure Margherita Taylor said "London's Heart" across the whole UK network when she was covering for Toby Anstis.

Yeah thats right, some links are local station specific.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Half that show is recorded anyway. Also all callers MUST say "thanks Roberto" at the end of the conversation!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitmusic wrote: »

I've heard Nick network show saying ' JK and Lucy coming up with drivetime' on London's heart - but then there will be another link for the other hearts put in. They just don't sit there loading up the next few songs, eating cakes, drinking tea and playing on Facebook and Twitter. .:D Links are recorded through out the shows
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    Now runs Yellow Media.

Not anymore he doesn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    Not anymore he doesn't.

I thought it was the production arm of Yellow Media that went bust not the training company ? From what i remember the Production side was a totally different Ltd company so didn't affect Training.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member

Shouldn't have gone out on Heart South Coast then, should it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    Not anymore he doesn't.

God that didn't last long.....!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't have gone out on Heart South Coast then, should it.

Exactly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard Nick network show saying ' JK and Lucy coming up with drivetime' on London's heart - but then there will be another link for the other hearts put in. They just don't sit there loading up the next few songs, eating cakes, drinking tea and playing on Facebook and Twitter. .:D Links are recorded through out the shows

Yeah,,,,that's what I've just said, some links are station specific, you didn't need to write that long sentence :blush:
  • timbouktimbouk Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Heard on Heart this morning the mentioning of nationwide place names which I have never heard happen before. Stephen & Emma were reading out texts from Newbury, Hastings & Bristol. Even though I know the show is not local it just didn't sound right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Also seemed to be a technical problem on Heart this morning. The 10:45 adverts were crashed into with no "This Is Heart" outro. But the words "This Is Heart" did play twice under the first advert. Then going back to the music there was a 5 second silence before Lily Allen started then Michael Jackson followed with no sweeper between but "Stephen Mulhern and Emma Willis, This Is Heart" did play once the singing had started...

Then there were no 11am adverts, instead Stephen linked between the song and "on FM, online..."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First celebrity on who's on heart has been correctly guessed today

Its either Stevie Nicks or Richard Madeley
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    During the week Heart London were tweeting some pictures of the studio at Breakfast. I'm surprised that someone else is running the desk. I always thought Jamie did? Is this the norm or are most trained up?
  • simon243simon243 Posts: 3,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie has never driven the desk.

Not because he couldn't learn if required, but because management want him concentrating 100% on the content of the show, not having to worry about whether the correct promo's loaded or the travel's ready.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    During the week Heart London were tweeting some pictures of the studio at Breakfast. I'm surprised that someone else is running the desk. I always thought Jamie did? Is this the norm or are most trained up?

It's the norm for big name breakfast's yes, Dave and Lisa over on Capital are the same. Its only breakfast that this happens though most other shows run there own desk, the exception being say Mark Wright covers a show. Steven and Emma also have there desk driven for them. All Heart and Capital local breakfast drive their own desks, usually it's the male half of the duo that drive the desk although there is a couple where its the other way.

The BBC get some flack for it because it means spending more of the license fee so as a result all R1 jocks drive there desk and most R2 jocks do as well, the only one that doesn't on the weekday lineup is Vanessa. As Heart ect are commercial they can spend what they want and as the quote below says it makes good sense if you paying big money for a talent.
    simon243 wrote: »
    Jamie has never driven the desk.

Not because he couldn't learn if required, but because management want him concentrating 100% on the content of the show, not having to worry about whether the correct promo's loaded or the travel's ready.

Correct, hence why Speech presenters very rarely run the desk as they need to be 100% concentrating on there output.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Graham Norton, Vanessa Feltz, Clare Balding, Paul O'Grady etc don't run the desks at Radio 2 - the BBC are trying to cut back on Tech guys.
  • catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard 'Poker Face' on Heart this afternoon and I'd forgotten how awful the 'Heart' version is!
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiona Sadler used to present weekend breakfast on Heart Wirral & North Wales until she joined Key 103 in 2012. Now she has left Key but has just started Mon-Fri Drivetime on Heart Wirral & Wales. I found this out on her Twitter page and the Heart website.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Emma Willis this morning Stephen Mulhern is presenting the show on his own
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Emma Willis this morning Stephen Mulhern is presenting the show on his own

With his staff at the controls. :D