Battlefield 4

Comments

• dave666dave666 Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll see if I can get BF3 for a good price (£10 if poss) and give it a go, then if I like it I might get a PS4 for BF4.

But I have just thrown BO2 and MW3 out as they were full of quickscopers and cheats using invisible players.

Plus I got tired of being out gunned due to lag rather than skill.

I like to play as a sniper and like the idea of crawling through the grass to make a long shot on a single target.

you can get battlefield 3 for around £5 on amazon there is a online pass but it is free to download
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dave666 wrote: »
    you can get battlefield 3 for around £5 on amazon there is a online pass but it is free to download

Cheers, I've just ordered it. So will give it a go.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seanf wrote: »
    ye another cod player leaves. Cod is for players that don't want to think about what they have to do apart from run and gun.

CoD was good enough for most until BF came along.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cod was always great for quick blasts. A bf round can take a long time but for me that's part of the attraction. Sometimes the map is almost unrecognisable near the end from when it first started with half the buildings demolished.
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rented servers have gone live apparently. I hope it doesn't make it harder to find official servers as was the case with BF3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. Let's lookout for badmins.

Hope I can find one with full rotation with only locker and metro omitted.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have BF4 but just cannot get into it. It looks an awesome game and I wanna be playing it. I tried the SP but it gets boring after a while. MP is where it's at with these games but I just seem not to be able to get into it.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kopite79 wrote: »
    Rented servers have gone live apparently.
    I noticed a "Knife Only" Rush Server this evening, but once again DICE still haven't given people the tools to disable weapons, so admins cannot really create knife, grenade or pistol only servers like you could with Counter-Strike: Source (or CS1.6, CS:CZ).
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I've just played a couple of multiplayer rounds on BF3 and it is pretty good.

Had no lag and the playing field is vast.

I just find the aiming a little difficult and can't tell who the enemy are most of the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Planning to download BF4. Got bored of call of duty after being well into killzone 2 years back. Don't mind being late to the party and having to pay my dues online so to speak. Now have to decide if I want it on xbox one or ps4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think bf4 needs to also have local chat. You know you can chat within your squad but team mates outwith squad if pretty close should hear too.
    Ie jump into a team chopper, not squad pilot but he can hear you tell him to drop you off at C etc
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I think bf4 needs to also have local chat. You know you can chat within your squad but team mates outwith squad if pretty close should hear too.
    Ie jump into a team chopper, not squad pilot but he can hear you tell him to drop you off at C etc

That's quite a good idea. The problem is the in game chat is very poor compared to party chat ( for me anyway ) so it probably wouldn't work. When I'm playing I tend to start a chat and allow friends to join uninvited, even if there aren't any on when I start.

That way at least they can join the conversation if they want.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah in some ways party chat in games like bf has ruined chat as now everyone is private.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow 6 months later and they've listened. Squad join before launching into game.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Anyone found any good servers with all the maps so far on rotation? I'm still noticing the rubber banding on the Naval Strike maps >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez cant believe I've only discovered spectator mode on this game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying other game modes as I'm mainly a cq guy.

Defuse I presume seems a copy of s&d from cod, only I don't think it's quite as good.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying other game modes as I'm mainly a cq guy.

Defuse I presume seems a copy of s&d from cod, only I don't think it's quite as good.

Domination or whatever it's called too ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obliteration is bloomin hard
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obliteration is bloomin hard

Great fun though when both teams play the objective.

I don't enjoy Rush much in this game though. Preferred it in BF3 and even more so in Bad Company 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. Seen some good chopper skills on obliteration last night. Guy on ground grabbing bomb. Quick land by pilot and off to bomb site.
    I grabbed bomb and I think it had everything other than the benny hill tune as I zigged and zagged my running towards bomb site. Got within touching distance only to be gunned down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. Seen some good chopper skills on obliteration last night. Guy on ground grabbing bomb. Quick land by pilot and off to bomb site.
    I grabbed bomb and I think it had everything other than the benny hill tune as I zigged and zagged my running towards bomb site. Got within touching distance only to be gunned down.

Did you hear the muppet theme tune then? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt like one when I failed lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt like one when I failed lol

Can't be no worse than me at the moment.

I suck. Badly :D