Options

Nick in Corrie Immaturity

BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
Forum Member
✭✭✭
God this man is gets on my nerves in this sl:mad:

Just seen the spoiler that he files for divorce on the grounds of 'adultery' - HA! He does realise you have to be WITH someone to cheat on them doesn't he? Something him and Leanne were quite clearly not. I understand why he's upset and because of his brain damage and everything he's bound to get angry but does he actually think that after hitting Leanne in front of all thw family at Christmas and then claiming she cheated on him that Leanne will get away with nothing?!

Imo he's acting a bit immature, I don't like the way the writers are portraying him.

Comments

• Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is being done so that Leanne can look as if she has been badly treated as usual. Shes allowed to do anything she wants of course without any moral comeback.
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont blame him, he bought a flat and Bistro to the marriage .. her someone else s kid.

She is still married to the guy so she must realise what ahe has done breaks her vows.
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoffmister wrote: »
    I dont blame him, he bought a flat and Bistro to the marriage .. her someone else s kid.

She is still married to the guy so she must realise what ahe has done breaks her vows.

Exactly Hoffman Sir... :)
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But they were separated so Leanne had a right to start a relationship with whoever she wants.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    Leanne had the right to start a relationship with whoever she wants as her and Nick were no longer together however as they were still married you can sort of understand why he is doing it as like others have said he has brought a house and a Bistro to the marriage as well as bringing up someone else's kid. Also you have to remember Nick has Brain Damage, what seems normal to him might not seem normal to someone who hasn't got Brain Damage, my Dad has Brain Damage from the effects of a Stroke and some of the things he does often leave me puzzled but it is part of the illness and it can be very hard to live with Nick circumstances are different i know but Brain Damage is Brain Damage and from personal experience i know it can impact on how a person can act.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leanne used Nick she got what she wanted and then ditched him. She chewed him up then spat him out. She married him when she was on the rebound clearly still in love with Peter and needed a distraction. She was then quite happy to sponge off him living in his flat, working in his bar and having him raise the child she pinched off her ex-husband. As soon as he became ill and a burden to her she's moved on to the next mug.
  • Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leanne used Nick she got what she wanted and then ditched him. She chewed him up then spat him out. She married him when she was on the rebound clearly still in love with Peter and needed a distraction. She was then quite happy to sponge off him living in his flat, working in his bar and having him raise the child she pinched off her ex-husband. As soon as he became ill and a burden to her she's moved on to the next mug.

Brilliant :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is being done so that Leanne can look as if she has been badly treated as usual. Shes allowed to do anything she wants of course without any moral comeback.

Exactly. The scriptwriters are making Nick look like a bitter fool.

The story line is dull and will go and on probably until something happens to Leanne, then Nick can declare that he loves her, then they can keep going round in circles.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Baban wrote: »
    God this man is gets on my nerves in this sl:mad:

Just seen the spoiler that he files for divorce on the grounds of 'adultery' - HA! He does realise you have to be WITH someone to cheat on them doesn't he? Something him and Leanne were quite clearly not. I understand why he's upset and because of his brain damage and everything he's bound to get angry but does he actually think that after hitting Leanne in front of all thw family at Christmas and then claiming she cheated on him that Leanne will get away with nothing?!

Imo he's acting a bit immature, I don't like the way the writers are portraying him.

Technically adultery remains adultery as long as you are legally married - whether you are living together or not.

I totally understand where he is coming from. They split because he was scared that his brain damage would cause him to physically hurt her or Simon. It was very clear that he still loved her and there was an underlying hope that if and when he recovered they could start again. I'm sure he wasn't expecting her to move on to another man within only a couple of months - let alone for that man to be his friend and the man who has been helping him to get well again. It is a betrayel from both of them as far as I'm concerned.

But...Leanee will come out of it unblamed and probably with a half share of the Bistro and the flat which she 'deserves' after only a year of marriage and a few weeks running it when Nick was too sick too.

It wasn't Leanne's fault that Peter left her for Carla (although ishe did start the adultery ball rolling in that relationship by sleeping with Nick) and it is not her fault that Nick got brain damaged (although again, if she hadn't dithered about Pooeter, Nick wouldn't have called off the wedding and he'd have been sleeping with her, not Kylie that night so David would have had no cause to go nuts) but I hate the way she financially profits from these short marriages and comes out lloking like the wronged, hurt party so she can be superior.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yep. Even Jane Danson has said that she only reconciled with Nick because she knew he loved her more than she cared for him so believed he'd be the one hurt, not her in the relationship. Whatever happened to 'in sickness and in health'? I'm not saying she should have stayed there as a punch bag (whether it was his fault or not) and Simon was a real concern - but Nick only actually hit her once and the could have just lived apart for a while as he tried to recover without her going off with someone new.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I like Nick as i'm not kean on Leanne and Kal. So anyone having a go at them to me is funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Baban wrote: »
    But they were separated so Leanne had a right to start a relationship with whoever she wants.

But why were they separated? Because he was putting her welfare first whilst he is volatile due to an injury which could get better and then they could reconcile. At least that is how he sees it. She should have been honest that she had fallen out of love with him and didn't see that changing - even if he gets back to his 'old' self.

And seperation doesn't stop it legally being adultery so fair game to be cited as grounds for divorce.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the beginning of this year, Nick told Leanne that they should separate and that she should move on. Either the writers have forgotten this or Nick's brain damage is responsible for his current behaviour, or both.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Tom_Willis wrote: »
    Exactly. The scriptwriters are making Nick look like a bitter fool.

The story line is dull and will go and on probably until something happens to Leanne, then Nick can declare that he loves her, then they can keep going round in circles.

Nick is a bitter fool!

But seriously, he's better off without her and that brat Simon.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick may ACT very immature but he LOOKS very mature - in fact he looks older than Gail. Just bangs on about his BRAIN INJURY but as far as I can see has had no treatment or therapy apart from running to the end of the Street and back with Kal who has now shagged his wife. Oh dear. And she is his WIFE and is entitled to half of everything including the Bistro which she kept going in his constant absences. He really is a petulant spoilt idiot doted on by his village idiot mummy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick may ACT very immature but he LOOKS very mature - in fact he looks older than Gail. Just bangs on about his BRAIN INJURY but as far as I can see has had no treatment or therapy apart from running to the end of the Street and back with Kal who has now shagged his wife. Oh dear. And she is his WIFE and is entitled to half of everything including the Bistro which she kept going in his constant absences. He really is a petulant spoilt idiot doted on by his village idiot mummy.

I hope that they shared whatever was left from The Joinery that was in both their names.
  • Options
    misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont blame him, he bought a flat and Bistro to the marriage .. her someone elseskid.

And she will walk away from this marriage with a flat, bistro and still someone else's kid, as bloody sanctimonious as ever >:(
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was she running a place with who set fire to that place, was he a Duckworth
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so good he is getting a backbone. What do you want, another pussy male character going "Oh yes love, oh yes it's all my fault love". It's his flat and Bistro, he built up the business, Leanne only came in later. Yet like with Peter she will expect to get her claws into it. Why shouldn't he fight for what he is?

Fair enough if she wants to start a new relationship with the bore down at the gym, but she still expects to have everything? She should of told Nick ages ago she wasn't interested in a reunion, but she kept him sweet and allowed him to look after Peter's kid.

And that episode with him striking Leanne was a farce. Split lip black eyes scars, jesus Corrie Nick came out with less scratches from the car crash apart from mental scars.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who was she running a place with who set fire to that place, was he a Duckworth

Paul Clayton, Jack and Vera's grandson.

A spoiled idiot who kept Leanne and her brat in comfort for the past couple of years. She basically used the relationship as a way to get back at Peter, her heart was always in it for him and not Nick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick should have stayed in Canada with Maria. IMO.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot on, Dr K.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite iron, considering the actor that plays him is years older!