Options

The last of us coming to ps4

Comments

• Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Amazon tells me mine is coming tomorrow. Those who have received their copy already are very lucky!

I'm really nervous about this game; afraid it won't live up to the hype.

Not so much hype now, more like other gamers raving about it :D

You should have some idea about what to expect, it's a beautifully made interactive movie, with some good gameplay throughout, stealth and shooting. Can't go wrong imho
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what's the verdict? Is it just a rushed convert to PS4 or does it feel like the PS4 version is fully justified?

I've not bought my PS4 yet and I've not played Last Of Us yet (picked up a PS3 copy at Christmas but never played it) so I'm curious.

You can currently get a PS4 and TLOUR for £349 at ASDA online with the code CONSOLE. So basically, you're getting the game for free. Feels like a pretty good reason to take the plunge.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can currently get a PS4 and TLOUR for £349 at ASDA online with the code CONSOLE. So basically, you're getting the game for free. Feels like a pretty good reason to take the plunge.

debating to get the game tomorrow

havent played anything for ages..

probably due to the nice weather
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    debating to get the game tomorrow

havent played anything for ages..

probably due to the nice weather

It's fantastic! Ya won't regret it! ;-)

(had a quick try last night!) :D
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Got it!!

Same trophies :(

Don't think I'll be going for survivor + this time that nearly killed me on PS3!!
  • Options
    Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Got it!!

Don't think I'll be going for survivor + this time that nearly killed me on PS3!!

But if you got Survivor+ that means it should be easier on this. :)
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Got it!!

So if you got the trophy on the PS3 does it mean you've already got the PS4 one or does it count as a new game?
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    The trophies don't carry over.

And yeah, true if I got it once I can get it again!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got mine from GameStop and it was waiting for me when I got in tonight so am a satisfied customer!
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been addicted to watching a guy streaming the game on grounded plus mode tonight. Brought back a lot of memories
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Really tempted by this again but completed it 3 times on PS3 already. Never played the DLC though. Is there anywhere that rents PS4 games yet?
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My library does but they've been pretty slow with ps4 games.

I read that you won't be blown away graphically if played on ps3 as some foliage is still quite rough but is smooth at 60fps.
  • Options
    Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Really tempted by this again but completed it 3 times on PS3 already. Never played the DLC though. Is there anywhere that rents PS4 games yet?

I hear Boomerang Rentals are pretty good. I don't think you can rent new games during the trial period though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »

I read that you won't be blown away graphically if played on ps3 as some foliage is still quite rough but is smooth at 60fps.

Was already the best looking game on the PS3 to be fair.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »

Bearing in mind that this came from, naughty dog, is this going to be the best we see from the PS4 I wonder, or just a standard port.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bearing in mind that this came from, naughty dog, is this going to be the best we see from the PS4 I wonder, or just a standard port.

I get the impression that most of the improvements are in terms of certain texture details, shadows, frame rate and overall resolution. The number of polygons for the environment and the lighting haven't changed much from the PS3 version. So future games built purely for the PS4 (such as Uncharted 4) should see a significant further jump in visual quality.
  • Options
    darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member

I could be wrong but I swear I read that ND we're using 3x the polygons in Uncharted 4.

PS. Anyone know how much GAME are charging?
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah! Mine just arrived in the post. So nervous!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS. Anyone know how much GAME are charging?

£42.99 for Day 1 edition, £39.99 for standard. Apparently they are giving an extra 20% on any trade-ins against it
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £42.99 for Day 1 edition, £39.99 for standard. Apparently they are giving an extra 20% on any trade-ins against it

I've got day one edition pre-ordered at grainger for £40
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Best game of this generation according to Metacritic.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Some amount of DLC seems to have came out for it. Store's loaded
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! The man's daughter gets killed by another human. The irony!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One gripe with the PS4 controller - I wish the L3 and R3 buttons had more grip and were less slippery. Maybe it's something I'll just get used to...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best game of this generation according to Metacritic.

Shame about the stupid (IMHO) 70 from Gamer.no (who?)

The marked it down because the think it's not worth buying a second time. How on earth is that relevant to the vast majority of potential buyers?