NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She is the only standout star from this season IMO

Comments

• Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Oh no, I really like her. I didn't like Ella or Leona.
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she'll be more Ella, can't see her winning. She was by far the best girl tonight though along with Kerrianne.
  • Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To put her up with Ella and Leona, there is no way,

Those are 2 superb singers, I can't see Lauren being compared to them. She can sing but I can't feel anything at all. Really plain and flat.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Milkita wrote: »

Those are 2 superb singers, I can't see Lauren being compared to them. She can sing but I can't feel anything at all. Really plain and flat.

Plain and flat? Just because she doesn't blurt out notes or scream her lungs out - she seems plain? Also she is a bit different with her quirky voice. She's bluesy while being contemporary too. I haven't seen that on the show before. She can also change up arrangements to suit her style which is quite refreshing!
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's a standout artist at all... She can sing, but so can my mum. Also, Ella wasn't a standout contestant during her journey on XF. She is now though.

Leona really is THE standout all seasons combined, in terms of vocals
  • Options
    CroftCroft Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Milkita wrote: »

Your bias is stunning !!!
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I don't think she's a standout artist at all... She can sing, but so can my mum. Also, Ella wasn't a standout contestant during her journey on XF. She is now though.

Leona really is THE standout all seasons combined, in terms of vocals

Exactly. So many come and go yet they all get compared to Leona...
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets not forget Emily her and Lauren are definitely going to the live shows
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not convinced she will get any further than judges houses to be honest
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I don't think she's a standout artist at all... She can sing, but so can my mum.

Agreed. She is nothing remarkable. Leona had THAT voice and Ella was great vocally as well and clearly had a gift in song production as well. Lauren is a competent singer but nothing remotely special.
  • Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croft wrote: »
    Your bias is stunning !!!

My bias is based on the truth. Ask anyone outside the competition, they can't be compared.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Exactly. So many come and go yet they all get compared to Leona...

In time will they need to compare there to ella who came no where near winning
  • Options
    KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldnt stick leona lewis and her yodelling love lauren though sweet and understated.
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona was linked to Syco years before her audition and she had loads of vocal support to help her sound better. A decent singer over-hyped.

Ella was truly shocking vocally. The week she went was an astoundingly poor dirgefest.
    The week she sang that supposed F# that Gary went OTT over. It was actually a C# and she was really off key for most of the song prior to that note. The show just washed over it.
    The only reason she's doing well now is that she signed up to the Syco label and so is mass marketed by Cowell. BGT final, non-stop radio play and press coverage. If her career does falter she'll probably find herself dating one of One Direction for a quick career boost.

Let's see how much reverb they add to Lauren's mic, and how loud the backing track is before we decide how good she is.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She and KErrianne are the best girls vocally this season ,easily.

Plain and flat? How about smooth yet richly textured tone, innate and mature musicality especially in one so young, depth of instinct as to her instrument, and natural jazz leanings with a touch of understated soulfulness beginning to emerge?

I would not compare her to Leona. She has a few similar musical instincts to Leona's, but a voice closer to Norah Jones's voicetype .

Did I mention I think she's one to watch? :D
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Well...which one is it?

Will she win by being the best singer every single week, delivering the best performance each week, go on to sell millions and millions and change the whole perception of Reality TV singing contests in the UK?

Or will she get progressively worse throughout the competition and finish at bottom of the votes in the top 6/7 and then come back with a good hit song, and an underwhelming second single?