DSFE 58 in Oulu: Oh Lulu, Boom Boom a Bang

Comments

• phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    I don't like the music people vote for in this nowadays :p

We need more people to push the Pop through to the final :)

I think what it is is people are taking it too serious these days looking for masterpieces rather than voting for what they like.
  • BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »

I think what it is is people are taking it too serious these days looking for masterpieces rather than voting for what they like.

I always vote for what I like - it is just others that don't agree with me :D
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »

I have to question whether people voting in this actually watch and enjoy Eurovision itself, the songs that do well here would never do well in the real thing!
  • PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    i send euro friendly songs haha - rain checks screams eurovision
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pooley wrote: »
    i send euro friendly songs haha - rain checks screams eurovision

Would have been my 12 if I had been able to vote.
    Forum Member
    It's why we need to back Saturn - you like my songs haha
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was kind of my point last contest, the songs that seem to be winning nowadays don't seem very Eurovisionary.

Still I think the pop is coming back into fashion here what with Kazakhstan coming second 2 contests ago and Pastora narrowly missing out on winning the last contest, even Softengine are more pop then indie in my book so things could be turning again.

Anyways, how is the creating of the DSFE56 show thing you was talking about Pooley? Please don't say it's been abandoned.
    Forum Member
    It's still going it's just finding time to finish it all - got all qualifiers ready to be uploaded - will try and get them up somewhere asap
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Still no extra signups :(
    Forum Member
    Looking like we're keeping 25, am randomnizing countries/players now.
    Forum Member
    The following countries will be leaving us if nothing changes :

Andorra
    Luxembourg
    Israel
    Liechtenstein
    Faroe Islands
    Northern Ireland
    Ukraine
    Croatia
    Morocco
    Algeria

:(
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but WHAT. Why are you taking out countries like Ukraine, Croatia, Northern Ireland, Israel, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein & Faroes

over Nagarno Karabakh & Kosovo
    Forum Member
    Sorry but WHAT. Why are you taking out countries like Ukraine, Croatia, Northern Ireland, Israel, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein & Faroes

over Nagarno Karabakh & Kosovo
    Sorry :(. I'm trying my best here. Keep in mind I have to take out 10 countries and Nagarno Karabakh and Kosovo are only two countries out of ten so if you wanted me to switch it, eight of the countries I already had would still be out...

What countries do you suggest to take out? :)
    Forum Member
    I have a perfect song for Northern Ireland - just give a few people
    3 countries like suggested above :/
    Forum Member
    Alright then, I will give 5 random people three countries.
    Forum Member
    By the way I have no idea how to make sure everyone only has 1 song in each QF.
    Forum Member
    The deadline has passed and nobody has signed up. The countries will be handed out shortly.
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    By the way I have no idea how to make sure everyone only has 1 song in each QF.

It's easy enough to do, people had 3 countries in the last contest. The simplest way is if anyone is drawn 2 in the same QF just switch them around with a similar strength country in another QF. :)
    Forum Member
    Oh, so 10 people get three countries, not 5. Doh!
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    Alright then, I will give 5 random people three countries.

You are aware that this will only bring the total up to 55 countries, so 5 will still need to be dropped?

If we are having to drop 5 I would drop the 2 new ones you bought in (Nagarno Karabkh and Corsica - we probably don't need a 3rd France) then also Kosovo and maybe Kazakhstan and Algeria.

As for how to make sure everyone has only one song in a QF not really sure how to help there, I never found it a problem but there isn't really any sort of formula or way I think I can help with that.

EDIT: But I see you've noticed that, so no need to drop any countries now. :)
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just colour cordiante the quaterfinals then highlight the players countries in thoes colours and if they have two countries the same colour you have a problem
    Forum Member
    I'm 1/5th of the way done randomnizing :)
    Forum Member
    2/5 now
    Forum Member
    3/5 now
    Forum Member
    Only 1/5 left!