Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Side Effects 6/10
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    The Cabin in the woods, a friend brought it new he watched it and give it to me, he enjoyed it but it's something he'll watch once in awhile but not keep. I enjoyed The Cabin in the woods it's a strange film, he told me if I enjoy keep it, I enjoyed it and going to keep it.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Rules Of Engagement - Superb military action/courtroom drama with an outstanding performance from Tommy Lee Jones as a military lawyer defending a Colonel ( Samuel L Jackson) who is accused of slaughtering innocent civilians in Yemen. 9/10
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    forrest gump, well im watching it now, i just watched the last half hour of 'bird on a wire' before that..
    i dont watch a lot of films!
  • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Hitchcock (2012) 8/10
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    The Children was on BBC2 last night. I enjoyed it and found it quite scary in places- 7/10
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scary Movie V - laughed about 5 times, a seriously unfunny worthless movie :(
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barneys Version - 8/10 liked it but not sure why.

Currently watching Charlie Wilson's War on Sony Channel. Seen it before really like Tom Hank.
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK.

A Park Chan-wook Rom Com in a way that only Park Chan-wook could do a rom com.

Loved it
    9/10
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Ted - 3/10

3rd viewing , not really funny at all now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    White House Down - kinda fun movie but not sure why it cos so darn much ?
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    Whip It

Terrible movie, but worth watching just for Ellen Page.

Her underwater strip scene is a thing of beauty
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    re: Whip It - I liked it, but would have enjoyed it more if I could just understand what the darn rules :mad:

- I know star-helmet earns points by passing the other team but it seemed like each time she passed the WHOLE other team she'd earn a different number of points = huh?! :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Watched Kick-Ass for the umpteenth time on Saturday night. I love the comic book and the movie is so similar it's uncanny. Can't wait for the sequel due out in a couple of weeks.

Also watched Gone Baby Gone, Ben Affleck's directorial debut. Enjoyed it alot, very good crime drama/thriller that kept me guessing for two hours. Affleck, as a director, is excellent. Looking forward to his next film.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Red: Kind of comedy shoot em up. It was ok. John Malcovich was the star. Read up on IMDB and he wasn't first choice for the role - it was John C. Rielly

The Men Who Stare At Goats: Ok enough. I suppose it wanted more of a narrative rather than being an out and out comedy. Second film i've seen recently with McGregor with a US accent. There's just something about it that doesn't sound right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - 8/10

The Conjuring - 4/10

Spring Breakers - 3/10

The Purge - 3/10

The Heat - 2/10

Song For Marion - 2/10
  • JFDonaghyJFDonaghy Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Savages.
    i wanted to like this but i couldn't at all.

the acting from main two actors is terrible so they never pull you in at all.
    Blake Lively you expect to be garbage but who the **** wrote her narration parts ? hilariously bad..rest of the cast were good choices but they were phoning it in.
    ended going on my ipad alot watching it apart from when Del Toro was on screen.
    that ending was just bleh..especially with the false one then the real one.

biggest compliment i can give it is that the movie looks great.

it could've been a cult classic if it was done in say...'99 with Johnny Depp as Ben and Brad Pitt coming off Fight Club as Chon and either Heather Graham or J-Lo in Blake Livelys part while the rest of the main cast could be the same.

Wall Street 2 and now this have been really big disappointments from Stone.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TITAN AE - 8/10
    THUNDERBOLT - 9/10 (mad jackie chan movie with cars and silver ping pong balls!)
    WHIP IT - 8/10 (another one i was waiting for to be shown, pretty good)
  • 3iff3iff Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Catching up from the weekend...

RED (8/10) I had lowish expectations but it was quite good with lots of action and few boring bits.

Whip it (6/10) Enjoyable when the races were on but fairly tiresome when the 'person life' issues were on the screen.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robocop (directors cut) - 8/10

After debating the merits of the upcoming remake on the DS Robocop remake thread, I decided to watch the original (possibly for 200th time, it's hard keeping track of a film I had my parents get from the video shop every weekend for a good 3 or 4 years and then subsequent VHS, DVD purchases). It just doesn't get old. Some of the technology on show is terrible. 4:3 ratio fishbowl tvs. And even with upscaling it's a bit of a grainy picture (may have to check out the BR version). Still brilliant.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Pitch Black on Blu-ray.:cool:
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Pitch Black on Blu-ray.:cool:

On my top fifty list.

A shame they linked to The Chronicles.* It should have remained a stand alone movie.

* Not that I found The Chronicles a bad movie (I am so looking forward to Riddick :)), that should have stood alone as well.
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally got around to seeing Total Recall (2012)

8/10

I wasn't sure what to expect, with Colin Farrell in the role of Quaid/Hauser and was so glad that he didn't try to impersonate Schwarzenegger. I was also glad that they didn't go for a direct copy of the original version, which was pretty good for its time. This version was even farther from the original short story, but I don't think it did it any harm. It was close enough to the original movie and there were some subtle (and not so subtle) references to the Schwarzenegger version for original fans.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    J. Edgar -

I laughed out loud at the first shot of him :D
    Leo just isn't suited for grown up roles. He was ok playing the young version. There was some good acting throughout.

He was channeling Don Corleone at points during the film.
This discussion has been closed.