The Ratings Thread (Part 44)

Comments

• SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Bad rating for jonathan ross chat show and FA Cup not as popular on Itv as it was on BBC. Also What about In It to win it and Casualty, I thought they normally get 6million in January?
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    The britains brightest break down is better, it went up by 2million by start to finish. So people seem have enjoyed Britains brightest more.

Not necessarily. Very good growth for it, but ultimately Splash! won yesterday, like it or not.

In It To Win It, Casualty and Take Me Out all did OK but seem a little below their normal numbers. Jonathan Ross was about standard with 3.2m including +1.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Maybe it indicates that we get the TV that we deserve?

Secret Service, Animal Antics, Splash, CBB, Take Me Out, YBF...

What atrocities did we all commit?
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Very good growth for it, but ultimately Splash! won yesterday, like it or not.
    Splash won yesterday but Britains brightest breakdown gives it more hope for next few weeks. Splash wont have a 7.5m lead in next week and will start earlier so Britains brightest can beat it next week.

What about their ratings with the youthful audiences? Did Splash or Britains brightest do better with the 16-32 audience and who did more mature intelligent viewers go for?
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In terms of the young audience, here's how yesterday's shows did with 16-34s (the % is their 16-34 skew):

Animal Antics - 290k (9.5%)
    Richard Hammond - 369k (13.4%)
    Britain's Brightest - 795k (16.3%)
    In It To Win It - 580k (11.4%)
    Casualty - 577k (11.1%)

FA Cup - 1.04m (21.5%)
    Splash! - 1.24m (21.8%)
    Take Me Out - 1.40m (31.6%)
    Jonathan Ross - 731k (22.7%)

As for ABC1s:

Animal Antics - 1.32m (43.1%)
    Richard Hammond - 1.19m (43.3%)
    Britain's Brightest - 2.40m (49.2%)
    In It To Win It - 2.23m (43.6%)
    Casualty - 2.31m (44.6%)

FA Cup - 2.33m (47.8%)
    Splash! - 2.61m (46.1%)
    Take Me Out - 2.23m (50.4%)
    Jonathan Ross - 1.89m (58.4%)

Splash's lead-in was 5.12m from the final 5 minutes of the FA Cup show by the way, not 7.5m.
  • Jay LeeJay Lee Posts: 4,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can really see the figures for Animal Antics and Secret Service nose-diving from next week... cue horrid memories of Don't Scare the Hare. Terrible, terrible television.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK TV Ratings‏@TVRatingsUK

Splash! last night won the battle of the new Saturday night shows with 5.49m (24%), Britain's Brightest averaged 4.88m (21%).
  • The Full SparkyThe Full Sparky Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Splash won yesterday but Britains brightest breakdown gives it more hope for next few weeks. Splash wont have a 7.5m lead in next week and will start earlier so Britains brightest can beat it next week.

What about their ratings with the youthful audiences? Did Splash or Britains brightest do better with the 16-32 audience and who did more mature intelligent viewers go for?

Splash didnt have a 7.5m lead in this week either, it followed a programme which peaked at that number yet only averaged 4m-odds suggesting the pre and post match chat was much much lower than the average. I think Splash's rating is pretty good all things considered and something to build on.
  • xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In It To Win It, Casualty and Take Me Out all did OK but seem a little below their normal numbers. Jonathan Ross was about standard with 3.2m including +1.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but TMO has been getting a lot lower rating than 4.22m in recent times, so is in fact above its normal numbers. A big 16-24 number for it.
    Forum Member
    Splash didnt have a 7.5m lead in this week either, it followed a programme which peaked at that number yet only averaged 4m-odds suggesting the pre and post match chat pulled it down. I think Splash's rating is pretty good all things considered and something to build on.
    Oh I thought FA Cup peaked at the end. Splash rating is good but ratings could nosedive next week so we have to wait and see. Britains brightest rating is quite good too and I have more optimisim for this show overall. CBB also done well.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who did more mature intelligent viewers go for?

Hopefully if they are that intelligent none of the above.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In terms of this time in 2012, all officials.

Who Dares Wins - 5.88
    Casualty - 6.99
    Take Me Out - 4.93
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Splash won the night as expected. My 5.5m prediction was bang on.

Brightest did better than expected and grew substantially once viewing patterns settled back to normal after the football skewed things ITV's way. I gave up on that after 15 minutes but if the bit of the show around 8pm was better, then there is hope for next week.

Given the mauling Splash has got itself, clearly one of the worst formats in years and something even Alan Partridge wouldn't have pitched, I suspect that is going to be the show that grabs the headlines next Sunday morning - for the wrong reasons.

Antics and Hammond could actually go up, bizarrely, with no football.
  • The Full SparkyThe Full Sparky Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Oh I thought FA Cup peaked at the end. Splash rating is good but ratings could nosedive next week so we have to wait and see. Britains brightest rating is quite good too and I have more optimisim for this show overall. CBB also done well.

Ah yeah so it did, unless people were tuning in at the end expectantly waiting for Splash?? Just seems weird it peaked at 7.5 at 7pm?

It's a decent rating in any case, particularly for a January saturday
  • Barkers_NippleBarkers_Nipple Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    17:10 - BBC News; Regional News; Weather: 2.89m (16.1%)
    17:30 - Celebrity Mastermind: 2.99m (15.1%)
    18:00 - Animal Antics: 3.05m (14.6%)
    18:30 - Richard Hammond's Secret Service: 2.75m (12.5%)
    19:10 - Britain's Brightest: 4.88m (20.6%)
    20:25 - The National Lottery: In It to Win It: 5.11m (21.1%)
    21:15 - Casualty: 5.17m (21.5%)
    22:05 - Mrs Brown's Boys: 4.10m (18.7%)
    22:35 - BBC News and Weather: 3.45m (17.4%)

16:30 - FA Cup Live: 4.78m (24.3%)
    19:15 - Splash!: 5.49m (22.9%)
    20:45 - Take Me Out: 4.22m (17.4%)
    21:45 - The Jonathan Ross Show: 2.88m (13.0%)

Thank you British public for making that irritating, smug, self centred pillock Richard Hammond's programme the least watched prime time )on the two main channels) of the night .. my faith in you is restored!!
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    CITV yesterday peaked with 465k (4.5%) at 13:20.

Seems low but I guess still beat what is on CbbC
    As its old shows it must be very cheap for them to show.
    hopefully it will get this today and they do more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rating of the night is 4.1m for MBB at 10pm!

Unfortunately that will have stopped the NYD timeshift in its tracks, and may suggest viewers know they don't have to watch on Mondays.

Good news for ITV and Lewis. Beeb once again shooting itself in its foot.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given the mauling Splash has got itself, clearly one of the worst formats in years and something even Alan Partridge wouldn't have pitched, I suspect that is going to be the show that grabs the headlines next Sunday morning - for the wrong reasons.

Oddly have got the reverse feeling, that it held up far better than I would have expected, so could still rate well next week.
  • Jay LeeJay Lee Posts: 4,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Antics and Hammond could actually go up, bizarrely, with no football.

Do you think? I can see the logic of what you're saying but I think they will actually drop further. Animal Antics begins at 5.30pm next Saturday - half an hour earlier. Also, it's pretty clear that Secret Service is going to be a disaster. What are itv showing at that time? If it's something like You've Been Framed, unfortunately the BBC has no chance.
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was expecting double that considering the fuss on twitter. Any more detail ?
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,134
    Forum Member

Would have expected a bit more but it's possibly CITV's highest rating ever. Do you have the ratings for the entire day (from 09:25)?

Pretty good for Splash but a shame it didn't peak near the end (when the result was announced).

Not good for Richard Hammond's Secret Service. Take Me Out is back to the levels it was last year (when it wasn't against Strictly).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah yeah so it did, unless people were tuning in at the end expectantly waiting for Splash?? Just seems weird it peaked at 7.5 at 7pm?

It's a decent rating in any case, particularly for a January saturday

It peaked because Man United were about to be knocked out of the Cup at 7pm. By 7.05pm they had a replay.

Even if it had been 3-0 to United, it would probably still have peaked then because people are getting home and audiences are building.

It's a poor peak anyway, BBC1 used to average 8m or more for Cup ties in the same slot at this time of year.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it right in me saying that the cbb rating is one of the highest rated saturday rating since the move to channel 5? Surely the 2nd or 3rd highest?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBB overnights
    Series	Launch	Day 2	cf  Day1	Day 3	cf Day2
    Aug 11	5.16m	3.22m	- 37.6%		2.74m	- 14.9%	
    Jan 12	3.54m	2.61m	- 26.3%		2.00m	- 23.4%	
    Aug 12	2.61m	1.79m	- 31.4%		1.83m	+ 2.2%
    Jan 12	3.4m	2.05m	- 39.7%		2.07m	+  0.97%

• derek500derek500 Posts: 24,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... and who did more mature intelligent viewers go for?

Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris on Sky Movies for us.

Great film. One to look out for when it goes to 'free' TV.
This discussion has been closed.